I appreciate the devs for setting up the Custom Intel site feature, but it is extremely difficult and tedious to create a brand new parser for Utopia data. Only dedicated and veteran coders (e.g., munk) can do it. Among the challenges include:

a) Need to create lots of regular expressions and HTML DOM selectors
b) Server changes can break old parsing code
c) Lack of authoritative timestamps in data
d) Mixing of presentation & data (what if Utopia uses mobile format/app?)
e) Lack of verification methods to prevent spoofed data

My suggestion is to include the raw data in a request in the form of an embedded hidden JSON object within the page. This JSON object contains all the data without all the HTML mess, and completely eliminates the need for text parsers and regular expressions.

Here's an example file, that shows the raw data after an attack is made in the war room:
https://pastebin.com/x8mKWDDe (I don't have 10 posts to embed links)
The script tags are embedded within the normal HTML page (not shown).

Some features of my proposed format:
a) "info" shows information about the page, including id, path, server UTC time, utopia time and province.
b) "prevFormData" provides further context in the case that the previous page is an action (e.g., how many thieves sent in op? how many troops sent?)
c) "resources" show the province resources before and after the action
d) "messages" show the events displayed to the user (in green or red).
e) "contentData" shows the information displayed in the content to the user, and can include intel results and form data.
f) "jsonDataSignature" shows the hex sha1hash computed over the the string representation and can be used for verification to ensure that the intel was not spoofed or altered. The server can store all the uuid & hash of each json data for the last 10 minutes, and reply OK in the verifyUrl if it is genuine, and error otherwise. After 10 min, the server can forget the record.
g) "uuid" is a random 128-bit UUID to make each page unique. (If collide, just keep oldest one.)
h) "utcTime" helps in determining order of intel when users somehow upload the data late (e.g., unreliable mobile connection). Thus we know which SoT/SoM are latest.

Some benefits of using this approach:
a) Does not need too much effort from Utopia devs. They can populate the structure while generating the page.
b) You can completely decouple Utopia presentation from data without breaking 3rd party tools (munk/upoopu/etc) if they adopt this.
c) Existing parsers still work fine and ignore the json data.
d) More 3rd party developers can participate and create cool tools!
e) Data can be stored and queried in a NoSQL/JSON db (mongodb, lucene) natively.

I am really interested in this, and will be glad to assist you with feedback, or come up with an even better format.

Finally, this still says nothing about how the data is consumed by an intel storage engine. It will have to do its own inferences from the intel. This does not solve that and should not do so.