Thread: Suggestion For Faery Spells

Suggestion For Faery Spells

Can we have the formula for Faery spells changed to something like the following?

(100 - (Acres/8)) + (10 + (WPA x 20)) = % success chance

It seems a bit silly that your allies can essentially defend against your spells with their WPA. The success chance should be solely based on your WPA, with a bit of a crutch added in for the start of the age when you have no WPA yet. The first half of the formula would not be allowed to go below zero to prevent growing from actually starting to hurt your success chance.

With this formula, a Faery/Paladin at 400 acres and 1 WPA would have the following success chance...

(100 - (400/8)) + (10 + (1 x 20)) =
    (100 - 50) + (10 + 20) =
    50 + 30 = 80% success chance

And then later in the age a Faery/Paladin with 1000+ acres and 3.5 WPA would have the following success chance...

(100 - (1000/8)) + (10 + (3.5 x 20)) =
    0 + (10 + 70) =
    0 + 80 = 80% success chance

So this formula would actually work quite well and solve the problem of your teammates essentially being able to defend against your spells. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 21-02-2018 at 16:17.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Postaholic
    I played faery tact last age and had little trouble casting on elf mystics with +10x my mwpa. Formula is working well Imo.

Ya, I haven't noticed it being terribly difficult... both provs need to have reasonable amount of Guilds though.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Ya, I haven't noticed it being terribly difficult... both provs need to have reasonable amount of Guilds though.
    There's a Guild modifier for both provs involved?
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

My understanding is that there is a wpa comparison, but that it is not weighted very heavily, and that the existing Guilds% on both provinces is also a factor to determine success rate as well as duration, as is normal with 'Self' spells.

Veteran
    Your formula would mean a faery with 1 wizzard has a good chance of success if they are fairly small.

And at 8k acres the faery needs a very high wpa to have even a 50/50 chance.

--------

In the current formula, duration is based on the guilds of the receiving province, success rate is wpa v wpa, but the faery casting also needs to have guilds as it's a self spell.

Enthusiast
    Agian it is guild based right now with a random fail rate built in like any other self spell. I tested it out last age.... again I don't care what anyone says that's the current mechanics.

From Age 73 final Changes;

The formula used to calculate success rate will be adjusted to make casting self spells on your allies easier. A WPA vs WPA calculation will still be made which will require Paladins to have WPA but the new formula will make it so that all Kingdom members have an opportunity to receive the self spell bonuses from their Paladins. In other words, a significant increase in the success rate of Paladin spells, although you still need WPA it won't be as significant a part of the formula as previously.
    I have to assume that the mechanics remained the same when this moved to Faery.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    From Age 73 final Changes;

I have to assume that the mechanics remained the same when this moved to Faery.
    It's really easy test to do, cast on one province with 0 guilds, then build 5% then build 10% then build 20%. That's what I did,....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    It's really easy test to do, cast on one province with 0 guilds, then build 5% then build 10% then build 20%. That's what I did,....
    And what were your results (as specific as possible, but not expecting you to remember it precisely)?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    And what were your results (as specific as possible, but not expecting you to remember it precisely)?
    It was basically right on with normal self spells. 20% or higher I had about 80% to 90% success rate. I was a faery tact fyi casting self spells with much less wpa on dark elf mystics. Anyways lower the % guilds lower the chance of success. Also depended on how hard of self spell, mp, gp where easy. Tw and cs was alot harder and required higher level of guilds. But it's pretty much right on with your own self spells, just goes off there guilds.

Veteran
    Thanks. Your conclusion for how it works is not what the Devs say the formula is, but it is possible that your wpa was "enough" not to be playing a big factor even though it was much lower than the de mystics, hence it would make sense that guilds were the determining factor.

If we really want to test we would try what you just said but with super low wpa on the fae. If it's only about guilds, then we should get the same results as you did.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Thanks. Your conclusion for how it works is not what the Devs say the formula is, but it is possible that your wpa was "enough" not to be playing a big factor even though it was much lower than the de mystics, hence it would make sense that guilds were the determining factor.

If we really want to test we would try what you just said but with super low wpa on the fae. If it's only about guilds, then we should get the same results as you did.
    Yes my mighty 1.5 mwpa vs a dark elf mystic with a 18 mwpa really must have been a factor.....
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 23-02-2018 at 10:28.

Director of Age Changes
    Current formula seems fine.

Thread Information