Thread: Intel Accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Intel Accuracy

Why would less than 100% accurate intel give 100% accurate figures? For example an inaccurate SoM might give you the wrong OME/DME and total def, but the number of units out will be bang on, and since most users are using some kind of 3rd party tool, they can turn this 'less than 100%' intel, into 100% accurate data for them to use over and over.

If you get inaccurate intel, the numbers of troops in the armies that are out, should be inaccurate along with everything else. Just like SoS/Survey should show varying effects, quantities of building/scientist when it is not accurate.

Maybe before bots were so prevalent this had a place in reducing stealth/thief consumption, but it seems cheesy to me at this point- Tactician intel perk is pretty pointless it would seem?

Make inaccurate intel inaccurate.

Veteran
    Didn't know this (I don't use inaccurate intel). I agree inaccurate intel should be inaccurate.

It's a hold over from many moons ago I think. It's been that way for as far as I can recall anyway.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular
    Gotta agree with RattleHead here. Inaccurate is inaccurate. And indeed nullifying Tact's bonus

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Why would less than 100% accurate intel give 100% accurate figures? For example an inaccurate SoM might give you the wrong OME/DME and total def, but the number of units out will be bang on, and since most users are using some kind of 3rd party tool, they can turn this 'less than 100%' intel, into 100% accurate data for them to use over and over.

If you get inaccurate intel, the numbers of troops in the armies that are out, should be inaccurate along with everything else. Just like SoS/Survey should show varying effects, quantities of building/scientist when it is not accurate.

Maybe before bots were so prevalent this had a place in reducing stealth/thief consumption, but it seems cheesy to me at this point- Tactician intel perk is pretty pointless it would seem?

Make inaccurate intel inaccurate.
    Overall I agree with your point. Maybe I am just missing something here, but I'm curious on how you are coming up with their mod offense or defense if you don't have accurate OME/DME? Are you taking other intel to calculate? For an ambush I understand you are correct, but for a normal attack???

Once I have a 10-thief SoM, since I am using a bot (like many others), I can then get figures for attack by getting a 100% accurate SoT. The SoT knows the total number of units, as well as the total mod off and def, while the inaccurate SoM gives precise numbers of Units, so you know how many of the units from the SoT are out on march, and you can make the attack safely.

Not only is the accurate SoT easier to get, it costs less stealth.

Regular
    Is there any consensus on the success rate? Does SR increase with 10% or just 10 thieves?

Veteran
    Patrijspoortje - I don't understand what you are asking.

Success rate of what? Do you mean accuracy? If so, 10% thieves provides 100% accuracy. I don't know what % accuracy 1-9% will give.. and I can't think of any reason why I would use 1-9% thieves.

Success rate of sending a larger quantity of thieves (10%) vs only 1-10... I am not sure on the success rates, imo it should just be based in relative TPAs not the quantities sent, but I could certainly be wrong on this.

Success rate of sending 10 thief vs 10% thief on the same SoM, is what he is getting at, and I am not sure if there is, or is not a difference.

@Chris121 I felt the same way until I realized I can save thief losses on SoMs by just sending 10, and then getting the intel patched with SoT data as needed. You should use SoTs to update intel after hits (after NS for example, another SoM would be needed to get an accurate count of units out on march)... It just kinda seems like there is no point in sending more than 10 thief on a SoM, so long as you can expect to be able to get an SoT too, because you can save a good amount of thieves in this way.

I am pretty sure that other intels work similarly to this, like a Survey will give bogus effects, but the # of acres are accurate, or something along these lines. IMO if the intel is inaccurate, every figure in that piece of intel should basically have a modifier of * RANDBETWEEN[1-(1-accuracy),1+(1-accuracy)]... including attack times, units quantities, wages, bme, ome, dme, building/acre counts, building effects, scientist quantities, science effects, resources.

The only things I can think of that should not be subject to accuracy would be Race, Personality, and SoT Land simply because its on the KD page anyways.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 22-02-2018 at 21:45.

Veteran
    Oh I see - yeah it shouldn't make any difference to success rate if you sent 1% or 10%.

I agree re sending 10 thieves to avoid losses. What I meant though was presumably one would either send 10 thieves or send 10%, but not send 1%-9% thieves (unless that number happens to be 10 by chance).

Thread Information