Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garbage ghetto kills noob for being new

Garbage ghetto kills noob for being new

I just got a friend into this game. He was loving it and eating it up. Fits his lifestyle and he's played a lot of MUDs in the past. I got him over the rainbow build draw and the like, and he was just starting to grasp the concept of how important (X)pa is.

So I look to see they won their 2nd war which is sweet! And then I don't see him on their kd page.. they killed him off. He had no threats or requests to defect, it was eowcf so he hadn't logged in a number of hours but really who cares. HE IS NEW. How is this game supposed to grow and get more fun if kds are just killing new players instead of teaching them?!

YOu sure he is completely innocent? Did he follow orders in wars? Did he hit targets that were posted or assigned? Did he follow ops orders?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Regular
    You should point him to the recruitment thread. While I agree with what you’re saying 100%, he’d be better off with a kd that knows he’s new before he joins and that agrees to take him in to learn.

Enthusiast
    You might be talking about the kingdom I am running currently. He didnt get killed off for being new to the game. He got killed off for only logging once or twice in a 48 tick war. Sadly we are looking for more activity then that. I actually pride myself in teaching new people the game, but if you don't log, I can't teach you. So kind of is what it is.

Fyi kingdoms I run might be ghetto sometimes but I assure you we are not garbage.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 13-02-2018 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by chodabraider View Post
    His KD won their 2nd war which is sweet! And then I don't see him on their kd page.. they killed him off. He had no threats or requests to defect, it was eowcf so he hadn't logged in a number of hours but really who cares.
    Cholo, You kidding us? Every KD cares about logging and orders. You did not teach him well.
    1. Must follow orders.
    2. Must log 2x per day in war, more if possible. You need to see if you have been attacked for ambush. You need to feed Dragon, help kill Dragon.

Did he bother telling them he is new?
    Sounds like his KD just thought he was inactive.
    My first KD long ago razed me for not using Pimp.

Even new ppl can't just be in the game, they must BE THE GAME
    This is not SimUto
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 13-02-2018 at 16:43. Reason: Voldebart
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Everytime one of these threads is posted, I say to myself "where was this attitude when sl0hnd started playing? Why couldn't they have run him out of the game early on".

But then I am reminded, most of these stories are bull****. That's why we can't have nice things.

LOL hold up... that dudes name is Cholo?!?!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    YOu sure he is completely innocent? Did he follow orders in wars? Did he hit targets that were posted or assigned? Did he follow ops orders?
    Amesome translatoion from s33tish to english;

YOu sure he is completely innocent? ---y Was this your multi province.
    Did he follow orders in wars? ---y Did you make my job of multitasking 43 provinces in fake far easier.
    Did he hit targets that were posted or assigned? ---y Did you make useless effort in war by attacking my multi provinces which were dummy targets.
    Did he follow ops orders? ---y Are you the only one who made ops on my fake targets, Im to lazy to check my fake multi provinces there are so many.

If you liked this awesome translation and want to donate for new awesome translations send me a pm for details.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Even new ppl can't just be in the game, they must BE THE GAME
    This is not SimUto
    No they don't, they can do whatever the f... they like. The job of a good monarch would be to make new players *like* to engage and perform well during wars.

Now it might be so that razing someone right after war, before even telling them what the problem is, is the best possible way to run a kingdom. I kinda doubt it though.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    No they don't, they can do whatever the f... they like. The job of a good monarch would be to make new players *like* to engage and perform well during wars.

Now it might be so that razing someone right after war, before even telling them what the problem is, is the best possible way to run a kingdom. I kinda doubt it though.
    I also kind of doubt a KD would raze off an "inactive" without first attempting to make contact about their activity.

Needs to get out more
    If there's a retirement ghetto out there they can teach him with no strings. Most retired players don't dig me so I couldn't find one myself, but there's plenty of freedom to test stuff against anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    If there's a retirement ghetto out there they can teach him with no strings. Most retired players don't dig me so I couldn't find one myself, but there's plenty of freedom to test stuff against anyone.
    You can come join me, I don't require bots and use the main chat in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    I also kind of doubt a KD would raze off an "inactive" without first attempting to make contact about their activity.
    Lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Lol.....
    Steel, I got a prov to fill if you need a spot.

As for this whole debacle that is going on, I know coldhearted, and I highly doubt he just made the random call to kill that nub off without trying to contact the player first...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    You can come join me, I don't require bots and use the main chat in game.
    Thank you. I'd take you up on that but I'm trying to stay out of war this age.

The kingdom I'm in is pretty freewheeling and don't shy away from warring bigger kingdoms. Basically I can't find a nonwarring kingdom floating in the abyss. So my solution was to go avian paladin in a flexible war kingdom. Might seem an odd choice but it's not my activity as much as when I can play during the day: at least my army is around when I am. I can't plus/minus because my work is wildly unpredictable insofar as me time.

Yeah, I should really just go t/m but that's one of the problems in most wide open kingdoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information