Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Admin KD useless, admins fail again

  1. #1
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,058

    Admin KD useless, admins fail again

    The admin KD was put in place to allow players to communicate with news staff - but there are no news staff in the admin KD

    What then is the purpose of this kingdom?
    Why do you have zero news staff?
    Why does your banner advertise another game?

    Seems to me that the admin KD has been repurposed as an advertisement and serves no Utopia specific function.

  2. #2
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,217
    One possible purpose of the kingdom is to allow admins and staff to have a province in the game to easily view on goings without affecting another kingdom or being biased by playing in one.

    As for the news staff, I assume that it's due to a lack of motivated reporters and in particular motivated reporters that don't want to play in another kingdom.

  3. #3
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    One possible purpose of the kingdom is to allow admins and staff to have a province in the game to easily view on goings without affecting another kingdom or being biased by playing in one.

    As for the news staff, I assume that it's due to a lack of motivated reporters and in particular motivated reporters that don't want to play in another kingdom.
    Im not going to bother sifting through threads, but I pretty distinctly recall that reporters could have an account in the admin KD and in a regular kingdom. Since provinces in protection can't conduct ops, the 1:1 province can't be used unfairly, and it ensured players of the identity of whom they were discussing their war with.

    So, 12 months, and the creation of a kingdom dedicated to the purpose, and we've zero reporters?
    You're also not an admin and not a reporter, and as a (sub) forum moderator have no reason to posses a province in 1:1... yet you do. Why?

    Can anybody just sit in 1:1 if they don't want to play?
    Can we all multi there for fun?

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    418
    There were other provinces in that KD last age, which I assume were reporters. There were no articles done though that I can recall.

  5. #5
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    There were other provinces in that KD last age, which I assume were reporters. There were no articles done though that I can recall.
    There was exactly 1, it looks like. Towards the end of the age of course. And I doubt that reporter even had a province in the admin KD...

    Anyways, evidently ASF believes that having a province in protection for 12 weeks is an effective way to grasp changes in order to fulfil his duty as Strategy moderator. Maybe this is a sign that Strategy mods should play the game so that they can offer practical advice? Probably not - I'm sure its fine. He's definitely got important changes understood from this experience, like how relations throttling and ops changes impact game play.

    EDIT: For the sake of being thorough - there were infact two articles posted last age. One during YR0 by Barbara Walters who did have a province in 1:1, and one by Nim (Dumnorix) who I dont think had one.

    But for 12 weeks, 130+ kingdoms, and probably several hundred wars and hostiles... seems a bit light.

  6. #6
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    846
    So write some war articles Pillz. I think your positive and charismatic charms would translate well into a fun read!

  7. #7
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    So write some war articles Pillz. I think your positive and charismatic charms would translate well into a fun read!
    Unsurprisingly, but without reason, nobody in decent kds trusts me when I approach them as a reporter. Or at least that's the impression I have gotten when I've tried.

    Ghettos don't interest me so I haven't tried with them. But, why not give it a whirl yourself?

    Edit: also why would I contribute articles to this ****hole forum with its Nazi moderation anyways. What's the point if free flowing discussion can't be had?

  8. #8
    Veteran Nim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    603
    Yeah, I didn't have an account in 1:1 (still haven't), just felt reporting a win streak. :)
    We could use more reports though.
    PEW PEW PEW!

  9. #9
    Post Demon umajon911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VA, US
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The admin KD was put in place to allow players to communicate with news staff - but there are no news staff in the admin KD


    Why do you have zero news staff?
    Because Im not there. I was a reporter last age, there were supposed to be several others aka panthira and I think sassy was even a reporter. None of them contributed crap. So I left. Why put effort into something when no one else gives a crap...I was barbara walters.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    Age 63-70- Fluffylicious
    Age 71- Orc NW and Land Crown
    Age 72- Ghettolicious
    Age 73-76- Stole Your Glory

  10. #10
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Because Im not there. I was a reporter last age, there were supposed to be several others aka panthira and I think sassy was even a reporter. None of them contributed crap. So I left. Why put effort into something when no one else gives a crap...I was barbara walters.
    And your single contribution is appreciated zulu

    But obviously you put more work into this whole thing than the admins.

  11. #11
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,949
    The problem with reporting wars (and having it publicized in game) is that your kingdom becomes a highly visible vulture target. No one wants to contribute to active warring reports and no one wants to read about an ordinary war that's already over

    As far as 1:1, I understood it as spot in game where people can contact people in official positions. The fact that there are no reporters doesn't really mean the kingdom isn't fulfilling it's purpose.
    Last edited by Palem; 19-02-2018 at 03:19.

  12. #12
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,499
    What you really need is war correspondence. I'm not using fufu whippersnapper tools, so count me out, but any enthusiasts who embrace modern witchcraft could travel kingdom to kingdom and report wars.

    "oh, that one buzzed right past my head.."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  13. #13
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The problem with reporting wars (and having it publicized in game) is that your kingdom becomes a highly visible vulture target. No one wants to contribute to active warring reports and no one wants to read about an ordinary war that's already over

    As far as 1:1, I understood it as spot in game where people can contact people in official positions. The fact that there are no reporters doesn't really mean the kingdom isn't fulfilling it's purpose.
    Yes that stopped the probably hundreds of Temple/AR/utimes war articles....

    The fact you can now click next kd and do the whole server in like the time it takes to finish a cigarette should probably minimize that concern.

    Also we tracking in munk....

  14. #14
    Post Demon umajon911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VA, US
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The problem with reporting wars (and having it publicized in game) is that your kingdom becomes a highly visible vulture target. No one wants to contribute to active warring reports and no one wants to read about an ordinary war that's already over

    As far as 1:1, I understood it as spot in game where people can contact people in official positions. The fact that there are no reporters doesn't really mean the kingdom isn't fulfilling it's purpose.
    Eh that is actually false. In order to contact game administration they still need to go through the direct avenues via utopiasupport@utopia-game.com. I had many many people actually PM me in-game, but being the nice person that I am, I could give them an "unofficial" answer, but the "official answer would be to contact game support via email. Everyone always keeps track of the top wars, so in my opinion, why report on something that everyone already knows about? 150 kingdoms in this game, 150 different perspectives on warring, so why not try and grab someone else's perspective. When I chatted with Camelot last age for instance, they were actually very open for the reporting. Obviously they could turn down any question I asked them and tell me to eff off, as it was all voluntary. And I made sure I did not give away any strategy that may have worked for them.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    Age 63-70- Fluffylicious
    Age 71- Orc NW and Land Crown
    Age 72- Ghettolicious
    Age 73-76- Stole Your Glory

  15. #15
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Yes that stopped the probably hundreds of Temple/AR/utimes war articles....

    The fact you can now click next kd and do the whole server in like the time it takes to finish a cigarette should probably minimize that concern.

    Also we tracking in munk....
    You understand that having an article that's literally plastered on everyone's throne page catagoricly means that it the information was directly available to more people than munk users right?

    Temple/AR/uTimes existed at a time was the game was 50x bigger than it is. Things change. Do you still use Phrophet to simulate your province? The fact that the game is so small and targets are so scarce is exactly the reason that people don't want the entire server to know the exact hour that they'll be leaving war protection.

    @umajon I didn't mean as a replacement for the support email. I meant for things like are actually appropriate for messaging them on Discord or a PM on here for the users that don't have access to either of those platforms.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •