Thread: Multi-World Functionality Testing (Genesis) Discussion

Administrator

Multi-World Functionality Testing (Genesis) Discussion

Please see the announcement post located HERE

You may use this thread to discuss, or visit the community in Discord for real time discussion!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Enthusiast
    Battlegrounds feels right with 20 mins, though I think 2 weeks is a little better...
    Genesis 30 mins feels right, while Genesis a longer time period like 1-2 months (I like 6 months myself)

You should create a lighting beta that has 10-15min ticks and 1 week game period to test things.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

The genesis server is quite laggy and that is annoying when you want to do a lot of spells or thief ops.
    And with 30 minute ticks, speed is little bit more important. A few members of my kingdom that started to play a test on Genesis have quit playing because of the lag.

Post Fiend
    Is genesis returning or is the plan to go down to just BF as a second server?

Administrator
    There are extensive plans to add other game worlds. We will have to see what best suits the playerbase. Initial plans involve a Genesis style server to test new mechanics before live deployment, smaller kingdom sizes, random kingdoms each age to instigate new relationships between players among other things. From there we could see other worlds come and go, like speed worlds, war worlds, or other themed games as the community wishes.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Why do you guys even bother? You already have a massive problem of oops on WOL during the first tick of wars. Can you imagine how bad it can be in 20 -30 min ticks? Please give up your pipe dreams unless you are prepared the fix the MAIN problem on hand.

Last night's genesis game was so much fun! I couldn't peel myself away until it ended suddenly

Gen was fun again. Mods should pay more attention to bug reports though

We'll add a Discord channel for Genesis bug-reports so it's easier to keep separated next time. I play on the Genesis server so you can also mail me (I use Sassy Wolfie there) or message me on Discord too.
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Post Demon
    5 minute tics was a bit extreame I'd say, the first few days was fun but no way to not use vm, after that it started feeling more like a chore. I went into vm for 2 full days then returned more casually and mannaged to somehow get killed in the last day of the round due to having less insane science than everyone else and not entering vm while at work.

Try 30 minute tics next if you want to experiment with faster tics, 4 hours base attack time is still pretty fast and manageable even if you got a job and need sleep, vacation mode should not be mandatory. Also put a hard cap on science so that you can focus on other things and still be fine. Maybe disallow sitting and invites since genesis originally was everyone randommed together.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Thread Information