Thread: Suggestion For Faery Spells

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggestion For Faery Spells

Can we have the formula for Faery spells changed to something like the following?

(100 - (Acres/8)) + (10 + (WPA x 20)) = % success chance

It seems a bit silly that your allies can essentially defend against your spells with their WPA. The success chance should be solely based on your WPA, with a bit of a crutch added in for the start of the age when you have no WPA yet. The first half of the formula would not be allowed to go below zero to prevent growing from actually starting to hurt your success chance.

With this formula, a Faery/Paladin at 400 acres and 1 WPA would have the following success chance...

(100 - (400/8)) + (10 + (1 x 20)) =
    (100 - 50) + (10 + 20) =
    50 + 30 = 80% success chance

And then later in the age a Faery/Paladin with 1000+ acres and 3.5 WPA would have the following success chance...

(100 - (1000/8)) + (10 + (3.5 x 20)) =
    0 + (10 + 70) =
    0 + 80 = 80% success chance

So this formula would actually work quite well and solve the problem of your teammates essentially being able to defend against your spells. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 21-02-2018 at 16:17.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Thread Information