Thread: Why are moderators locking legitimate threads?

Why are moderators locking legitimate threads?

We have now two threads that got locked quite quickly in Utopia talk which both were legitimate and locked under false pretens.

"#PayKuhan" Which was locked due to it being a "troll thread" It was a perfectly fine question and I thought moderators werent supose to moderate threads that they or their kd was involved with? The reasoning as well is pretty absurd "troll thread" when said moderator that locked the thread had indulged himself in just the same in a previous thread and then it was apparently fine not to lock it? Hypocritical at best.

"Utopia Bets" Locked due to "betting can be illegal somewhere in the world" But this is also dumb cause it wasnt talks about betting nor anything active. Nor is discussing something that is illegal illegal. It was a historical thread talking about bets that been made in Utopia and if said bets been honored. So no betting, no talks of betting going also ironic consider Utopia have previously endorsed betting with credits to the winner.

To me it seems threads been locked only cause it can become awkward towards Utopia talk moderators or their friends. Which isnt really the right way to use their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I thought moderators werent supose to moderate threads that they or their kd was involved with?
    I know from prior trolling... A mod can moderate a thread about their own kd, UNLESS they specifically insert themselves into that thread. Once that is done, another moderator must moderate. As that original moderator who inserted themselves into the thread has then turned it personal and unable to moderate...and if I say moderate one more time I may jump off a bridge...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I know from prior trolling... A mod can moderate a thread about their own kd, UNLESS they specifically insert themselves into that thread. Once that is done, another moderator must moderate. As that original moderator who inserted themselves into the thread has then turned it personal and unable to moderate...and if I say moderate one more time I may jump off a bridge...
    No, the rule that they supposed is following is that they arent allowed to moderate threads about themselves or their kingdom cause there is a conflict of interest. This was raised as an assurances when vocal people raised questions about how the moderators shouldnt be people from active kingdoms.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A few things

1. The #PayKuhan thread is a troll thread. The bets thread, if it wasn't intended to be so in the first place, quickly turned into #PayKuhan 2.0. Mods had every right to close both of them.

2. I raised issue with how the bet thread was addressed like half an hour after it was closed. Since it was discussed privately I won't get into the details, but I do want people to know that I raised the issue and that I'm still doing my best to take care of this place, even if I'm not all that active posting.

3. There is no "rule" about mods moderating threads which involve them. Allonon and Proteus do this as a courtesy to forum goers who are less comfortable with mods that are actively involved in top play. Mods are within their rights to moderate anything they feel is against the rules. And for what it's worth, I've taken their rule to mean that they won't actively moderate any thread involving their kingdom and any conflicts those kingdoms may be involved in.

4. I've seen no reason believe that Proteus or Allanon have abused their powers in any way and that includes their "we won't moderate threads involving us" courtesy.

Director of Age Changes
    The 'betting is illegal in parts of the world' was so random roflmao.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

1. The #PayKuhan thread is a troll thread. The bets thread, if it wasn't intended to be so in the first place, quickly turned into #PayKuhan 2.0. Mods had every right to close both of them.
    But others threads where trollings is rampant is not just not closed but encouraged by the moderators. Ie, any Emeriti thread Proteus is involved in mud slinging for example. As a moderator he shouldnt involved in mudslinging which will always derail the threads further.

2. I raised issue with how the bet thread was addressed like half an hour after it was closed. Since it was discussed privately I won't get into the details, but I do want people to know that I raised the issue and that I'm still doing my best to take care of this place, even if I'm not all that active posting.
    Your moderating isnt in question though, i feel im pretty frank about whos I am questioning. Alltought I do not agree with all your opinions and what not you do fair job of moderating this community.

3. There is no "rule" about mods moderating threads which involve them. Allonon and Proteus do this as a courtesy to forum goers who are less comfortable with mods that are actively involved in top play. Mods are within their rights to moderate anything they feel is against the rules. And for what it's worth, I've taken their rule to mean that they won't actively moderate any thread involving their kingdom and any conflicts those kingdoms may be involved in.
    And now you shattered that illusion. :)

4. I've seen no reason believe that Proteus or Allanon have abused their powers in any way and that includes their "we won't moderate threads involving us" courtesy.
    Well I got banned for very difuse reasoning that wasnt even true. When confronted albeit crudely asking for proof of these so called "warnings" i have recieved I got just threats of bans and more false accusations.

I raised this questions with David alltough he replied that he would look into it he never got back to me with it. So either he just ignored it or didnt find any anything suspcious (Which i didnt think he would cause you know moderators never get any blame here).

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But others threads where trollings is rampant is not just not closed but encouraged by the moderators. Ie, any Emeriti thread Proteus is involved in mud slinging for example. As a moderator he shouldnt involved in mudslinging which will always derail the threads further.
    Only thread that I can think of that fits that description (at least recently) was closed. I won't delve into the posting habits of other mods as that's out of my jurisdiction.

Your moderating isnt in question though, i feel im pretty frank about whos I am questioning. Alltought I do not agree with all your opinions and what not you do fair job of moderating this community.
    My moderation wasnt the topic of discussion.

And now you shattered that illusion. :)
    Really no illusion to shatter. They don't moderate those threads. They'll often report posts themselves so another mod will come and check it out. I don't really have a reason to cover for them.

Well I got banned for very difuse reasoning that wasnt even true. When confronted albeit crudely asking for proof of these so called "warnings" i have recieved I got just threats of bans and more false accusations.

I raised this questions with David alltough he replied that he would look into it he never got back to me with it. So either he just ignored it or didnt find any anything suspcious (Which i didnt think he would cause you know moderators never get any blame here).
    Just looked into it. I wouldn't have banned you for it, but I get why you were. Nothing nefarious by the looks of it, unless the "threats" were especially bad.

Only thread that I can think of that fits that description (at least recently) was closed. I won't delve into the posting habits of other mods as that's out of my jurisdiction.
    Not until what page 7 though and there been plenty of derailing already by a lot of people.

My moderation wasnt the topic of discussion.
    Just refering to the last part. :) "I'm still doing my best to take care of this place, even if I'm not all that active posting."

Really no illusion to shatter. They don't moderate those threads. They'll often report posts themselves so another mod will come and check it out. I don't really have a reason to cover for them.
    #paykuhan was closed by Proteus. And well we all know that story.

Just looked into it. I wouldn't have banned you for it, but I get why you were. Nothing nefarious by the looks of it, unless the "threats" were especially bad.
    Though I would hazard I was the only one banned for it while others werent. Also the made up pretense that I commented on his moderating and that I recieved several warnings that nobody can provide.

I thought only the laws in Boston mattered or something. If all the various rules of the world apply here, then why in the world are women allowed to post? Those accounts should be shut down asap.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Just Nazi mods doing Nazi things

Thread Information