Thread: Possible bug with barrier ritual

Postaholic

Possible bug with barrier ritual

It strongly feels like barrier is bugged for thieves (possibly +150% instead of +15%). Wizards do not seem affected.

that extra 0 could make a HUGE difference
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Postaholic
    Well, yes, that would. That's an unlikely bug though. It's more likely an issue with the calcs, i.e. a 15% bonus not actually just multiplying on 15% but doing something weird instead.

For reference, NS on a particular province was about 75% success before barrier, with 20% autofail from wts. After barrier it drops to 30% success. SoTs drop from 100% success to 40%. SoMs drop from 90% success to 20% (weird). These are small sample sizes but still most likely statistically significant.

Meanwhile spells do not seem to be affected at all. That could actually be a bug on its own, but it could also just be that 15% extra wpa doesn't do much.

Postaholic
    There may be some other reasons contributing to this, but since we are at war I don't really want to go into it. Once war is over I'll let you know what I think the change is. This is our first time every using barrier I think, so if it does turn out to be a bug we are not aware of it.

We can discuss in the war forum after war :)

Too bad admins don't look at this subforum

Sucks to be you steel.

Any more details jdorje? Saw prov doing ops? No other changes?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I discussed with Swagger and it could be some things on their end. I also discussed with David and he said everything looked to be fine with the formula. I'll let jdorje comment on the specific numbers more if he wishes to, as I wasn't tracking super close.
    Last edited by Memster; 02-03-2018 at 00:51. Reason: English is hard

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Sucks to be you steel.

Any more details jdorje? Saw prov doing ops? No other changes?
    Nothing to suggest you're in communication with the owners of general.io so I'm holding on to the notion that I am correct

Regular
    Don't know if you checked our surveys but we did get extra WTs on both orcs and elves in preparation of fighting you guys.
    So what probably caused you to fail more was that elves went from 0 to 25% WTs and some of the orcs went from 10 to ~22%. And that was about the time we lifted up our barrier.

Postaholic
    And piggggg woke up! I made a post in war forum

Thread Information