Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New adds

Forum Fanatic
    Whatever they have went to needs to be corrected somehow . The time table of when these ads started is posted in multiple threads. Sadly I haven’t seen a lot changing on them going away.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Whatever they have went to needs to be corrected somehow . The time table of when these ads started is posted in multiple threads. Sadly I haven’t seen a lot changing on them going away.
    Yeah, this is kind of bull. I can't use the forums because of these ads. I mean I can't use them even WITHOUT running an adblocker.
    I don't care about the ads themselves. I care about the fact that I can't use my forums anymore. I have to constantly reload my page then spam the ESC button and hope it catches before the ads load; otherwise the forum text-box is broken....in which case I'm not seeing the ads anyway.
    I get that you're trying to subvert ad-blockers, but you need to accept that ad-blockers work on the client side and anything you do, people will find a way to subvert. It's a war you can't win. In the meantime, you're causing playability issues for everybody, adblockers or not.
    Last edited by Caelum; 27-03-2018 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    Yeah, this is kind of bull. I can't use the forums because of these ads. I mean I can't use them even WITHOUT running an adblocker.
    I don't care about the ads themselves. I care about the fact that I can't use my forums anymore. I have to constantly reload my page then spam the ESC button and hope it catches before the ads load; otherwise the forum text-box is broken....in which case I'm not seeing the ads anyway.
    I get that you're trying to subvert ad-blockers, but you need to accept that ad-blockers work on the client side and anything you do, people will find a way to subvert. It's a war you can't win. In the meantime, you're causing playability issues for everybody, adblockers or not.
    I can't even click on the menu options in game because the ads have been causing the cursor to think it's trying to move instead of hyperlink.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by HowYaDoin View Post
    I can't even click on the menu options in game because the ads have been causing the cursor to think it's trying to move instead of hyperlink.

Yup, nothing but problems.
    I've liked most things the current devs have done, but this is egregious and will drive people away. I get that you don't like ad blockers, but it's a fact of life now.

If this stuff isn't fixed, I will personally write a greasemonkey script customized for utopia-game.com to wipe these ads off the face of the planet and distribute it. It may be easy to combat ad-block, but when it's custom fit for your your site that's another story. The alternative of course is to simply stop your ads from breaking the rest of your site. I would assume that is better than watching as players dwindle and the ads don't get seen anyway.
    Last edited by Caelum; 30-03-2018 at 16:40.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HowYaDoin View Post
    it disabled my in game forum, mail too..i reported it in discord too. :D

Forum Fanatic
    Sadly weve been reporting it for weeks. Still effecting my phone log ins

Monsters

#MONSTERS

I think it's advertising related. Since a few weeks? whenever I go on mobile (standard Chrome, Android) the screen jumps constantly whenever I try to scroll or click on something. Only happens on Utopia.
    I don't use ingame adblock (and of course no Chrome adblock since it's not even supported on mobile).

Very annoying, certainly when you're in a hurry to hit before tick or have to train/build.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Forum Fanatic
    Same issue ive been having on phone Nim. David redid adblocks on account. Still not really helping fully.What i have started doing was changing screen size on phone and it will go away till i switch screens but if i dont do that quickly it will at time hijack the game

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Still not a word.

This is so disappointing, because I've been so happy with the new team up until now.
    The proper response to this in any other business would be to pull the ads until they're fixed if they can't be fixed right away.

The game-breaking issues that have been happening lately combined with the total lack of acknowledgements are unsettling. I just went into vacation mode for the first time in probably 4 years. Primarily because of the doldrums my kingdom is currently stuck in while I leave town for a few days...but normally I'd just go less-active and use my phone. With the state of things, I just said screw it and activated vacation. This is a sign to me that I'm growing tired of the problems, and am considering leaving for good because the game has begun to turn into a chore.

If these issues at the very least can't be addressed soon, I'll probably hang my hat.

Forum Addict
    Not content with the ads that stop you using the forums and PM's, the malware ads are back again. This is a real concern as you can block individual sites on pc but not on a tablet or phone.

What is being done and how can you track these add campaign down

Forum Fanatic
    Yea thats still where im having issues, same as when it started. Doesnt seem to get much replies. I even sent screen shots in as i was asked to weeks ago with nothing back.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Still not even a comment about this.
    Even a "Sorry we're looking into this" would be nice.

EOA is Friday...I won't be returning.

Regular
    Why is this still happening?

The new "What is Brain Health" ad blocks the body box for forum posts/replies

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Forum Addict
    Ok I managed to find something that helped, with zero input from GameAdmin.
    Not sure if it fixes everything but it does fix the malware one. Reset your google advertising id.
    But the forum and pm blocking ads are back again and they wreck the game.

Forum Fanatic
    The ones i was getting finally went away

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Thread Information