Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Science maximum this age ?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmington View Post
    The overpowered 1st one over will likely be gone.
    Why do you think that?

Post Fiend
    Because it can now be easily eliminated with all categories needing exactly 35 profs.

I dunno why it would be any more or less easy now, tbh... but here's to hoping

Veteran
    Because it can now be easily eliminated with all categories needing exactly 35 profs.
    I don't think it was due to the difference in categories. I think it is just the formula that is used.

Happens on ritual too.

Where them ritual curves at?

How high did ppl push theirs last Age? I tried to share my number in utopia talk but no one was biting.

Science caps are same as last age with exactly 35 profs needed to cap. Diminishing returns for overage will be simplified and the same for all categories. The overpowered 1st one over will likely be gone.
    Doesn't look like it.
    I just recently went over my 35th Channeling Scientist, and my 36th scientist (a Novice now) was worth more than the base point that the first 35 give (2.7% vs. 1.785%) , but the 37th (1.65%) and 38th novice (1.35%) were worth less and less. (As it was previous ages)

Here is a thread that is much older, but has some good data & charts.
    forums.utopia-game.com/showthread.php?637675-Science-diminishing-returns/page3

By the way, has anyone else run into a weird anomaly in Channeling? So far, all the numbers in the Wiki for this age's Scientific base points worked out.... and even in Channeling. UNTIL, I maxed out at 35 Professors. At the 1.785% base points, doubled for professors, then doubled again for Mystic personality, the math comes to 249.9%, but on my utopia page I had 250.3%.
    That would make the base 1.78785%. And yet I don't think that number would have worked for any of the first 34 through the age.

I wonder if the bug is in the 35th Channeling Scientist, or the doubling due to Mystic. My 35 professors in Production works out exactly with a 1.714% base and max of 119.98% (120% in Utopia page)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Offensive Military Effectiveness 245.7%
    This includes TGs as well?

Post Fiend
    There is a raw max to BE and ME. Don't worry about it though, you're not going to reach either one of them. The max raw BE is around 250% and the max raw ME is around 300%. These numbers may have changed but I doubt it. And raw ME makes forts and tgs more effective. For example say your raw military ME is 140%(most only get around 107%) and you're getting +20% def and off ME from the tgs and forts. That 20% is modified by the 140% rawME.

I have a question about the new science system. What do you guys mean when you say soft cap?

Post Fiend
    terabyte it has to with your raw science eff. The most easiest way to affect this is through honor. The difference you're seeing would be a bigger difference if you were a lord and even bigger if you were a baron and so on.
    If you guys can explain this new science system to me that would be great. :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mass View Post
    There is a raw max to BE and ME. Don't worry about it though, you're not going to reach either one of them. The max raw BE is around 250% and the max raw ME is around 300%. These numbers may have changed but I doubt it. And raw ME makes forts and tgs more effective. For example say your raw military ME is 140%(most only get around 107%) and you're getting +20% def and off ME from the tgs and forts. That 20% is modified by the 140% rawME.

I have a question about the new science system. What do you guys mean when you say soft cap?
    Blue Mass, soft cap refers to the 35 scientists shown on your science page.

The gain you get from each professor is linear up to that point. After the soft cap (35 sci), the formula changes from linear to an exponential function of some sort to a power of 1/X (someone can probably give us an estimate of the function), where each scientist give less effect than the previous one. It is odd though, a couple professors above the soft cap actually give more benefit than the linear portion.

search for my thread "Science Diminish"

Post Fiend
    Oh dang I actually know what you're describing. It's the reason I would always go even on science and my science numbers would be better than other provinces with the same bpa. You know they put some random factor in it by giving you scientists already assigned.

Thread Information