Thread: Defense and Offense

Defense and Offense

Currently, Dryad is sort of breaking the game with its ridiculous offense numbers. The main problem is that T/Ms can still secure UB against all the other attackers, so Dryad having such a huge offense gap between the other attackers almost makes them a must-have. I suggest that we lower the offense gap between Dryads and the other attackers, and also lower the defense gap between T/Ms and Dryad offense. I propose the following...

- Increase Elf/DE/Bocan defense to 8
    - Increase Avian/Dwarf/Human offense to 10
    - Increase Orc offense to 11
    - Increase War Horse offense to 3
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 13-03-2018 at 11:02.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Veteran
    I really don't have this issue. Currently I run a setup of Elfs, Fearies and Orcs and have no problem with disposing of Dryads. Won 2 out of 3 wars so far and all opponents had Dryads in their setup.

Enthusiast
    Issues are deep mechanics flaws, not one race causing the core of the problems. Dryads are probably 3rd best attacker this age next to human warrior and any dwarf combo. We have 5 avians in our setup that completely destroy dryads. Dryads weaknesses are lack of speed and horses being so easy to steal. Just have to exploit there weaknesses and it's really easy to netrulize them. I am a bocan heretic and I had stolen every horse on every dryad in under 24 ticks in our last war by myself. :)

Veteran
    1. I think there are probably multiple KDs without dryads, but haven't looked.

2. The devs' stated aims are that at the beginning of a war, an attacker should be near able to 2x a t/m at the same size. So if your suggestion that t/ms can be UB from other attackers is correct, the action should be to increase their off / decrease tm def.

3. Dryad have penalties to offset the higher off. Other races are comparable in setups that deal with the attack speed issue of dryad. Dryad can have the highest absolute off but then it has to deal with the speed issue.

Needs to get out more
    Honestly, my biggest problem with dryad is the elite conception not the mechanics.

The elite should be a treant or ent, if you're into the LOTR occult.

In D&D the will o the wisp was indeed a tough opponent, but mainly because they had an annoyingly high armor class and unorthodox offense.

This Utopian elite is pure treant. From the crabby apple trees in The Wizard of Oz to the last march of the ents in LOTR you get the idea these archetypes are capable of inflicting structural damage to stone hewn structures like wizard towers.

I'm sure Emeriti figured something out regarding dryad for whoring. The rest of us aren't in that much trouble. My guess is some features of dryad legitimize the chaining tactic. This comes down to how races are used. The enemy that gets away with the most murder is bocan, followed closely by faery.

"Ask any RPG'r any real RPG'r. It doesn't matter if you break a t/m by an inch or a mile; breaking is breaking." *
    * Dominique (The Dungeons and the Dragons, 2001)
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 14-03-2018 at 14:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    just overcharge godspeed ritual and your problem solved.
    Looking at top war, bb human core failed while panda dyrads threat human big cows.
    who says dyrad as 3rd best attacker is wrong. dyrad is the best lol.
    Last edited by Over; 16-03-2018 at 06:06.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Over View Post
    just overcharge godspeed ritual and your problem solved.
    Looking at top war, bb human core failed while panda dyrads threat human big cows.
    who says dyrad as 3rd best attacker is wrong. dyrad is the best lol.
    Well, Emereti's Dryad core failed against Hipmunks Orcs :P

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Well, Emereti's Dryad core failed against Hipmunks Orcs :P

it was war spoils that caused i think, so not orcs but hipmunks and eme strat.

Strategy Moderator
    I think that was more than just a "dryad vs orc" thing. Hipmunks also had more faeries, as well as elves and dwarves along with more total nw and military. Hipmunks also implemented an effective strategy including good use of ops etc. Still, Emeriti did wd up land and still came out of the conflict with more gains than Hipmunks even counting their ww bonus. I don't think you can fairly conclude orcs are better than dryads based on that conflict.

Post Fiend
    each race has their own strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't say any one attacker race is better than the others, it depends on the individuals (or kingdoms) play style and that of your opponent.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    I think that was more than just a "dryad vs orc" thing. Hipmunks also had more faeries, as well as elves and dwarves along with more total nw and military. Hipmunks also implemented an effective strategy including good use of ops etc. Still, Emeriti did wd up land and still came out of the conflict with more gains than Hipmunks even counting their ww bonus. I don't think you can fairly conclude orcs are better than dryads based on that conflict.
    The conclusion is not that Orcs are better then Dryads. The conclusion is that Dryads are not as all powerfull as the topic starter makes them to be. It's not that picking Dryad = assured win over anything else. With other races you can still implement a strong strategy capable of beating Dryads :)

Thread Information