Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops

Post Fiend

Oops

We just started war this last tick. As a kingdom, we had a ton of "oops" error messages. To the point that we were hardly able to get any attacks out for like 5+ minutes after war was declared. The other kingdom did not seemingly have this same issue... looking at the paper they had 23 hits to our 6 at the start of war. Yes, almost everyone in both kingdoms was on and attacking or doing ops... but that is pretty standard it seems. It is getting a little better now (30 minutes in), but we are still seeing oops messages pretty frequently. Whats going on? We basically just lost this war because of oops... rather frustrating.

Edit: Support ID 728E2C89

I'm not in war or anything like that, still I can't open other province pages (when you click on a province name) and most other kingdoms take a few honest tries. Might have to do something with redirecting, example when a kingdom is in war with someone I don't even attempt to press the link to enemy page directly anymore (it WILL oops), my chances are better typing in the coordinates manually (this will still oops sometimes).
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    Just to chime in, the oops problem is VERY bad at the start of prearranged wars when both sides are online. Aside from that it's quite infrequent even in war, but during that initial opening when there's a lot going on, it's cripping to one side or both and it's not just intel or attacks, I've tried to send aid to kd mates and it fails with an oops.

Certain types of Op/Spell waves are more intensive and seem to make the oops issue worse. In the past I have found concentrated NM/NS waves to be very susceptible to this, to the point where we started to schedule our Ops; This province casts, followed by next, etc and then repeat with NS, so as to only be oping 1/2 provs at time, and found this to be helpful, but not a perfect remedy by any means.

Now we just plan our KD comps around nothing having to deal with that BS.

I will guess that you guys got a lot of Ops off, and slower on attacks, while your enemy got more attacks, but less focused Ops...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I will guess that you guys got a lot of Ops off, and slower on attacks, while your enemy got more attacks, but less focused Ops...
    It was two or three wars ago, earlier in the age and rune production was still an issue so I know we were not heavy on nm. I don't recall how much ns was going on from either side. Both were trying their hardest to get mils out asap but they were outhitting us quite a bit and their wave was mostly complete before most of our provs could hit without getting oops every time we'd hit the attack button. Additionally the wave was to get mils out, retain off and regroup for the second wave when we weren't worried about getting hit at home, so we were hitting multiple targets, whereas ns would have been targeted on one or two provs initially. Could have been sh at the time, trying to reduce their off, our tms could have been pulling ponies off their attackers.
    Last edited by trekguy; 23-03-2018 at 15:06.

Enthusiast
    This is complete and utter bull****. Start a war and only one side can opt or attack. So mad right now about this crap....... I ask the makers of the game how this could happen? one side can opt and attack but the other side cant do anything?
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 23-03-2018 at 16:17.

The ef.. i dont even land 1 op. and my stealth down to 19% none of our kdmate made any attacks for 22 minutes. We are so pissed right now.. can the developer do with this bull****. how the hell they can do full ops and full attack while we are stunned 22 minutes and cant do anything

Enthusiast
    I would appreciate devs handling this and dropping us out of this war please. This is completely unfair and a joke. Lost like 4 attackers, all stealth and runes gone plus they got to do a full opt run on us. I would appreciate and pretty much demand out of fair ness to drop us out of this bull**** war

Veteran
    @Coldhearted - DavidC was trying to find out who leads your KD earlier to discuss the situation. I didn't know it was your kd at the time, but if you haven't already and have time then get in touch with him (discord easiest)

Enthusiast
    Well my steward uses discord so he talked to him. Regardless this glitch ruined our age and it might not be a glitch. Wondering if col uses a computer program to spam the server which locks the other kingdom out. Either way I have people rage quiting and swearing off utopia. It's pretty disheartening to play well all age, just to have something like this happen. Anyways I would appreciate a solution and for us to be pulled out of this war as it Cleary isn't right to get completely destroyed do to server issues. Thanks.

Veteran
    David can go through the logs (he said he will) so I think he will be able to see what actions were causing the oops (ie was it ones from your kd or from somewhere else).

Enthusiast
    My favorite saying in the military was "life sucks then you die". So meh our age got ruined over the glitch and I have had people rage quit. At this point comes down to, do I want to pick up the pieces type situation. I guess we will see what David's findings are.

Its not like this is the first time this has happened. I would say it has gotten better, in fact.

After several Ages like this you just have to start considering it in your strategy at this point.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Its not like this is the first time this has happened. I would say it has gotten better, in fact.

After several Ages like this you just have to start considering it in your strategy at this point.
    It has improved overall if you compare today with prior to the acquisition of the game by the new owners. I would say that it occurs with far less frequency outside of those initial prearranged war waves. I agree that it does reflect really poorly on the game but it's not insurmountable except for the fact that no one wants to do anything EXCEPT arranged wars. It seems to be more rare that someone won't immediately cf when waved out of the blue.

Enthusiast
    This issue is different then the normal oops msg. Fml stop comparing the normal oops to one kingdom being completely locked out while the other one isn't.

Thread Information