Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genesis?

Enthusiast

Genesis?

What's going on with this? There is an in game message stating it is set to start in less than 12 hours but there is absolutely no other information here about it. I figured they would be trying to hype it up, considering how long people have been asking/waiting.

Im sure if you join the Discord server you will get more information.

Post Fiend
    Yes more info is on Discord. No it isn't an official launch, more of a functionality test while running 2 game worlds simultaneously.

See telling you they have moved everything to Discord!

Enthusiast
    Discord is okay for a single KD, but it's a total cluster**** for what they're using it for. It also seems odd that the "official" communication is coming through a 3rd party app rather than on the website of the game itself.

Yea, way too many channels, another reason to add why irc is prefered over Discord. It seems silly that they have chosen to use Discord das their platform of communication but what other conclusions is there to be drawn really? As you can see I have not recieved any response on clarification on the matter when asked.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Yea, way too many channels, another reason to add why irc is prefered over Discord. It seems silly that they have chosen to use Discord das their platform of communication but what other conclusions is there to be drawn really? As you can see I have not recieved any response on clarification on the matter when asked.

Veteran
    I like it there.

Administrator
    My apologies for the delay in an official announcement on the Forums. Personal issues have kept me from being able to organize the information so that I could be thorough. You can find all the information you need HERE

Discord has a lot of advantages, but nothing is perfect. There may be a lot of channels, but there are not a lot of categories (a category can be muted in it's entirety if you don't want to be bothered with it). We want to find a way to easily bring community members together and at the moment Discord has proven useful in that regard. It's easy to join, it's easy to communicate with, it's easily accessible via mobile devices and it may become more useful to us in the future. There is no requirement to join Discord, but it has over 1000 users on it currently and is a great place to communicate in real-time with people. The choice is yours.

Anyway, come join us in testing Multi-World Functionality!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    My apologies for the delay in an official announcement on the Forums. Personal issues have kept me from being able to organize the information so that I could be thorough. You can find all the information you need HERE

Discord has a lot of advantages, but nothing is perfect. There may be a lot of channels, but there are not a lot of categories (a category can be muted in it's entirety if you don't want to be bothered with it). We want to find a way to easily bring community members together and at the moment Discord has proven useful in that regard. It's easy to join, it's easy to communicate with, it's easily accessible via mobile devices and it may become more useful to us in the future. There is no requirement to join Discord, but it has over 1000 users on it currently and is a great place to communicate in real-time with people. The choice is yours.

The only reason you even saw this thread is because the words Genesis and Generals are visually similar.

Needs to get out more
    Don't insult my intelligence, Kirk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post

For an old-school, going on Discord is like going to some grindcore party while having the hangover of your life. 20 seconds and you`re out, praying that if you survive the day, the next day you`re off to a monastery. Of course, my opinion is subjective and the whole thing is a matter of taste and preference. But I am, however, pretty positive, that out of the hundreds of communication platforms out there, you could have found a friendlier, cozier, simpler one.

Forum Addict
    Expansion and cozy are mildly contrary, sorry. You can grow or you can stagnate; cozy was rather stagnant.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    For an old-school, going on Discord is like going to some grindcore party while having the hangover of your life. 20 seconds and you`re out, praying that if you survive the day, the next day you`re off to a monastery. Of course, my opinion is subjective and the whole thing is a matter of taste and preference. But I am, however, pretty positive, that out of the hundreds of communication platforms out there, you could have found a friendlier, cozier, simpler one.
    I'm not quite sure I understand your comparison, it may be because I view Discord differently and don't get the reference. Regardless, Discord is quite simple and provides a small sense of security with our settings. You can join the server by the simple click of a link which, if you don't have an account already, requires only an email address to register for an account and you're instantly ported to the platform (via app or web browser) where (at the time of this posting) normally has ~200 online users to chat with in real-time.
    To me, I found it's easy of access very simple. I also found the ability to mute entire groups of channels (chat rooms) with a single click very nice.

However, the best parts of Discord are still being worked on by us. It may provide us a portal to integrate a global chat system to in-game users and a private chat for Kingdoms (in-game in-browser) with no downloads or 3rd party plug-ins that would replace reverbIM.

Anyway, I've found a lot of advantages to using Discord at this time and there is a lot of potential still untapped. There are of course disadvantages but that comes with anything and no one is being forced to join Discord but we do want the community and users to know that it is available.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Nobody is forced to join but all you people do is communicate via Discord.

Thread Information