Thread: Dragon Send Button

Enthusiast

Dragon Send Button

This age my kingdom is 4/5 and have alot of newer players my kingdom Our one loss was due to a newer player accidently sending a emerald dragon early before our war. He was of course upset about it and almost quit over his mistake. I had two newer players quit after the war upset over the way we lost. Those are two customers you lost over not giving me the monarch control over sending the dragon. We have a button for the ritual, I suggest giving us the same thing on the dragon. I think we all want the same thing which is more people to play the game, not less.

Forum Fanatic
    Set a funding limit to stop funding by . The problem with a monarch button is if it hits the fan and you have 24 people screaming to send it and your not there your kd is about to lose millions of gc within minutes to another kd. Set a limit to stop training by . Mistakes happen . Reading is very much required in a text based game tho.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Enthusiast
    Of course there was a limit, he added a extra zero.... I am cool just having a send button availible to everyone also.

Veteran
    button for everyone sounds good

Forum Fanatic
    So if you have a button for anyone to use,Whats any different than what you have now. The same person making the same mistake and clicking it to see what it does.

We have all had it happen atleast once,I dont think adding even more crap to code and go thru is worth it just because people dont read and pay attention.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    The idea sounds nice in principle but as mentioned if only the monarch/stewart have the dragon send button and neither are on it can cause problems, as mentioned this is a text based game and reading is crucial, although we all goof on this point for whatever reason.

Sometimes people fund a dragon, they donate say 500k gc after they rob/plunder someone or have just been soaking up gc suddenly you have 100k left to send it, someone else pops on doesn't register it's 100k left and donates 100k...boom, dragon is flying! It sucks but it happens, only way I can see to prevent this is a pop up maybe, do you really want to send dragon if YOUR donation will send it off...rather than a button which will cause chaos if monarch/stewart are ZzzZZz, a simple pop-up:

"Your donation of 100k will send the dragon do you want to proceed?"

But I fear this will annoy Pillz as he likes human error :P which to be fair while I hate it and it messes up game I kind of agree with on some level.

Failing this, I'd like to see more edit options for RC/mass messages, maybe allow monarch/stewart to highlight/colourise/bold/underline/alter text size etc you get the idea of RC's and mass messages that way you can have "do not send dragon stop funding" or whatever in the biggest most colourful flashing fonts available...so you don't remove human error and it's not too demanding code wise.

Enthusiast
    I understand the arguments but let's be real it's not all ways human error. Age of the "oops" every war, dragons could and probably did get sent wrong due to technical problems. Playing from mobile and your device is slow and adds a zero. Your trying to rush because if you stay on too long attack adds will get you. Donating to the dragon exact same time. Ect. So many situations that have nothing to do with human error. Fyi they did it for ritual, so I see no reason why not for dragon.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 23-03-2018 at 12:06.

Veteran
    the difference between the situation now and a button for all is that if 2 people fund the dragon at the same time, one can accidentally send.

with a button, it takes an action decision (or mistaken click at least!).

having to fund it, then click a button and then click a confirmation screen with a tick box would fix it though! (I am joking on this bit ;p).

Thread Information