Thread: Dragon Overhaul

Dragon Overhaul

I was sitting and looking at all the fun changes over last few ages and I think next up is dragons. They do get used but it is a bit of final nail in the coffin or not at all.

I also think the benefits and the different strengths don't make sense. I really like sapphire which causes a thief/mage penalty but it is just too damn weak to survive long.

So I think a unified strength, all dragons take the same to effort to be killed, so you have the choice of the type only and not need to consider the strength.

I also think they don't get used much because if you chain well as a kingdom but also like to send dragons, then your dragons die quickly because your effort used to chain basically kills your own dragon if they enemy kd understands this logic.

So my main solution is that Dragon no longer die sending troops but require thief/mage ops. Maybe fireballs and nightstrike or maybe a new "kill dragon" op but that sounds lame, something more cool.

The dragon has more of an impact and is good right from the start or before the war to soften up a kingdom.

That being said.... different strengths based on relations would still make sense.

I still like money to buy dragons, that also keeps the economy warfare strategy in play.

Summary:
    - all dragons same strength based on kd relations
    - stealth/mana required to kill dragon
    - also strengthens ET/SW
    - races spells could reflect this. Greater Fireball or WPA/TPA comes into the damage done (new race perks)

Thanks

I made a suggestion awhile back(http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Dragons-abound!), it still requires troops to 'feed' them, but I suppose what is used to slay/charge them could be whatever you want...

My take on the 'unified strength' was to remove all Dragon types, and mash all their perks into one(not all at full strength they have today). With my idea KDs could pump their Dragons to varying levels, so the main difference betweens Dragons would be how much either KD invested into building up its HP(you refer to 'strength', as i am understanding).

... Always trying to sell my ideas in other ppls threads! After reading mine again I thought of another nifty thing about how it would work. In that overpopulated provinces would always have a Dragon to send their troops to, whether to Slay an enemy, or feed a friendly :D ...

this was my general Dragon description;

All Dragons have same effect, only the amount of units fed to them, and thus their HP will vary
    -10% lower income and the loss of 20% of new draftees
    -15% Higher military losses in combat
    -20% lower magic & thievery effectiveness
    -Reduces building efficiency by 15%
    -Reduces military effectiveness by 5%
    -one province per tick(maybe every 3 ticks?) basically takes a raze+massacre from the dragon, or something to this effect :D
    Last edited by RattleHead; 28-03-2018 at 13:50. Reason: sell,sell,sell

Post Fiend
    A single dragon with a single cost/health points with all of the attributes of existing dragons is an intriguing idea/suggestion.

This was my attempt/idea to get more destructive dragons in the game: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...latinum-Dragon I'd like to pitch the idea of a dragon killing peasants/troops and destroying buildings again.

I like the of the different dragon slaying ops too, maybe mage ops kill less % than sending troops, but I can definitely see the appal of FB'ing/NS'ing a dragon.

So a dragon would have the following stats:

20% Higher military losses in combat

15% lower attack gains

10% lower income

the loss of 20% of new draftees

25% lower magic effectiveness

25% lower thievery effectiveness

Reduces building efficiency by 25%

Reduces military effectiveness by 10%

Kills 1%-10% peasants/troops/built acres per tick. Random. Pretty much like the dragons during the Mehul days of the game.

Increase in 25% Build Time.

as for health points/cost, maybe somewhere near an emerald but slightly cheaper.

I think a dragon needs to be painful and burdensome on all races/personalities in the kd to encourage everyone to contribute to killing it off.

Post Fiend
    You could also make Dragons a bit more like rituals..

You choose which one to purchase, and you have a "basic" payment to get the weakest dragon, but you can over-pay. The more you over-pay, the better their health.

The Monarch and Steward could choose when to launch the dragon. You would to have a curve, similar to what we have now.

Nothing until you pay the minimum

Health increases rapidly up to current Emerald levels

Once you hit the "max" you can't fund anymore, and it can either auto-send, or the monarch/steward can launch.

Thread Information