Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boost Abduct in War

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolzly View Post
    It's just risk/reward relating to landdef that I have issue with.

I think that land&nw-based gains have something to do with this as well.
    I agree with you on these parts. I think a min 1 abduct is too blunt to try to fix it, but I would like to see the risk / reward of running land def adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    If thats the case then both KDs could be scraping each others land def provs for sci, could they not? seems fair enough to me. The point, for me at least, would not be to work the odd abducts in like you are suggesting, although I suppose it makes sense. To me, it would seem to offer a means for the better KD to extract some extra war win bonus. Its not that difficult to come up with a strategy that would let you abduct smaller provinces in war, it is moreso to come up with one that lets you abduct people in proper range, though it can be done as well.

If its a hard floor of one, but still beholden to all the relative NW/land factors to get any further gains, I find it hard to believe this would be an issue. For real gains you would still need to hit in range, but if that is what we want to see then the kills modifier probably has to go, otherwise it has no use in war other than vs land def, or if the war is over before mintime.
    Yes, both KDs would be doing it but to different provs (ie KD wide the gains would net off, but on a province basis they wouldn't). Some provs gain, some would lose. I can see an argument that that isn't a bad outcome for other reasons (that it probably boosts t/m and hybrid science at a cost to the pure attackers) but to me there are better ways to achieve that result if it is intended. I don't see that it achieves what you are hoping for - ie a mechanism for the BETTER kd to get something additional from war - because with a min gain of 1 you only need 1 land def prov and then everyone can hit that one (ie it is not the case that the KD who creates 5 land def provs will be able to make more abducts than one who creates 1, aside perhaps from the direct effect of it being 20 non land provs versus 24 which already exists).

I would be fine removing the -50% kills on abducts during war. Then it becomes (if it is not already) viable to hit in range to gain science, without the need for this artificial min gain mechanic.

So why is 10 acres on a chained province better than losing 1 scientist? You all think scientists are sacred or something. That is why you should be able to still lose them. Then you would not sit in wars that you can't win forever.

Its fine, I will simply go back to PKing provinces like the old days and razing into wars of kingdoms that drag too much to PK them when I have nothing better to do.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information