Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boost Abduct in War

Boost Abduct in War

OK, so in war, 148 scientists on a chained province 40% my NW. 0% universities. I do an abduct and get 0.

I know I was taking a cheap shot and all that, but really? ZERO?!?!?

What the hell devs? Utopia is supposed to be a cruel game. If we can't strip out chained provs, then that is major leverage to ending wars that is removed.

Please fix this.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Would this not end up with fake abduct wars? Apparently people are already abusing the current system why would we make it easier in war?

I know abducts in war are already nerfed slightly, add that to the fact that abducts have been nerfed this age too so they prob stacked up and you got zero!

Veteran
    40% of your nw.... hit in range if you want to abduct

Dude, it I said war. Should we only hit in range in war. Get a clue!
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Abducting an already chained province is kind of a douchey move. Leave it as it is. It's already hard enough to recover from a chain when you lose a war, imagine losing half your scientists?

Post Fiend
    It's not "douchey" it's a win condition.

Would you prefer the only thing to do when a province hits landdef is go for a PK?

If science could be lost in a war due to poor play, then poor play could lead to more surrenders and quicker. With few things to lose it's hard to pressure a surrender and by extension hard to earn a win.

It could be good for gameplay if done properly.

Exactly

Veteran
    @Sheister - yes, if you want good gains from abducts you should hit in range in war.

I agree with LuckySports. There's no need to make mechanics so you can get easy science by feeding on people you chained.

I did not say good. I said zero is BS.

This is why utopia sucks now, too many people coddling each other leading to dragging hopeless wars. You need to make it hurt so people leave.

So, genius, I am UB and their entire kd is out of range. Should I just swap to Econ build and pump the rest of the war so it is fair? Pansies like you disgust me (in rye utopia sense). If you don't want you province wrecked, withdraw.

Post Fiend
    Swap to econ build and aid your other guys until they are all UB. Thats what we do when we have obviously won a war, but they won't withdraw. Once to we got to about half our folks UB and able to attack their biggest guys, they withdrew.

why? Why should I be forced into the strategy that their bunny hugging world likes? That is stupid. If I can gain land in a TM in war, I should be able to gain min 1 scientist per abduct in war. If the little chains whine enough, they will drive their own kingdoms out of war by wearing down their monarchs. That is as it should be.

The whining children have really screwed this game up with watering down and coddling away everything that makes the game great. The cruelty is what makes it a challenge and makes it great.

Veteran
    As you have noted, you can TM for gains. If you want good abducts (or even any abduct gains on someone who has only 148 scientists to begin with), then don't set provs up to outgrow the kd/opponent.

Why did you want to become UB? Presumably for the economy benefit / to secure land? So goal achieved. If that wasn't your goal you could play your war differently.

You are complaining about people who made the game easy and yet you want to be able to easily get abducts on people much smaller?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    why? Why should I be forced into the strategy that their bunny hugging world likes? That is stupid. If I can gain land in a TM in war, I should be able to gain min 1 scientist per abduct in war. If the little chains whine enough, they will drive their own kingdoms out of war by wearing down their monarchs. That is as it should be.

The whining children have really screwed this game up with watering down and coddling away everything that makes the game great. The cruelty is what makes it a challenge and makes it great.
    I know I am wrong but it sure sounds like u are whining.
    Tadpole's troopers, aka RoughKnecks!
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    As you have noted, you can TM for gains. If you want good abducts (or even any abduct gains on someone who has only 148 scientists to begin with), then don't set provs up to outgrow the kd/opponent.

Why did you want to become UB? Presumably for the economy benefit / to secure land? So goal achieved. If that wasn't your goal you could play your war differently.

You are complaining about people who made the game easy and yet you want to be able to easily get abducts on people much smaller?
    No, I grew to become UB from the sheer fact that they are dragging the war. Doing things to strip out their provinces will make them end the obviously unwinnable war. All I can think is you are one of the miserable kids who just wants protections from everything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    I know I am wrong but it sure sounds like u are whining.
    I guess it could be fair to say that. Honestly though, I just think there should be a means to make staying in unwinnable wars painful enough to not have to play to the 50% mark. Stripping out provs is one way to drop their NW more to get to 50% faster or to force enough pain for them to WD. If the outcome were at all in doubt, this is a non-issue. No one is learning in competitive wars.

I think increasing abducts in war to the point where they will effectively make people want to WD, will lead to a mass exodus of a big percentage of the remaining player base.
    #magi

Thread Information