Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hordez 4 8 VS COL 6 11

Regular
    Based on my time in CoL, I consider them to be one of the fairest KDs around, so I really can't imagine them trying to manipulate the "oops" on purpose. I get the frustration about game being unplayable during that agreed war start (apparently 50 people spamming ops/attacks on each other is sufficient to bring the game to its knees), but it's something for the devs to address, not a reason to start blaming your opponent. And yes it might've helped to turn the munk script off, as it's an additional overhead - adds communication with munk's server, which may also be laggy/unreliable.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxo View Post
    Based on my time in CoL, I consider them to be one of the fairest KDs around, so I really can't imagine them trying to manipulate the "oops" on purpose. I get the frustration about game being unplayable during that agreed war start (apparently 50 people spamming ops/attacks on each other is sufficient to bring the game to its knees), but it's something for the devs to address, not a reason to start blaming your opponent. And yes it might've helped to turn the munk script off, as it's an additional overhead - adds communication with munk's server, which may also be laggy/unreliable.
    It's why I mentioned an alternative in prelude to war. Perhaps CoL wouldn't agree to an unagreed war, but that'd be their prerogative as well.

The fact is, I've heard of these lags and lockups for some time. It's not why I worked on Elliptical Waves but it occurred to me it'd offer a pragmatic solution to low tech kingdoms confronting higher tech kingdoms.

The considerable smashing strength of full wave warring kingdoms is tough for newer kingdoms to match. There's much in shorthand execution you gain from experienced cohesion that new kingdoms will lack. There'll be clunky moments where guys think defense is how much offense to send or be confused by targets based on names rather than characteristics.

The development toward divisional organization was foremost in my assessment of kingdom to kingdom prowess: the difference in proficiency between ghetto to organized war tier. Most kingdoms can muster 5 actives per GMT prime on their given continent. If you get those players to recognize that fundamental virtue(primetime) they can master microing rather quickly.

Basically everyone fights the same at their given tier. In the lower tier it's like pulling teeth to get the kingdoms to focus on a few t/ms. In the middle, the chain waves can be easily foiled because the focus is too narrow and it's essentially all they use. The higher war tier is very knowledgeable about leverage mechanics and micro pretty well, but they tend to require healthy core provinces to feel war ready. This is partially why agreed war is desirable.

Since I've played marginally up top, in warring kingdoms and primarily in ghettos I've given consideration to the idea of agreed war and simply found it incompatible with the type of kingdoms The Virtual Kingdom was aimed toward. This may seem a silly tangent, but I'm pointing out to CoL that reputation precedes itself; but also that they aren't alone as "spam guilty" kingdoms go. It happens, intended or not. Even if it is intended, this is meta and doesn't frighten me and shouldn't frighten others. Opponents of CoL should simply acknowledge the risk involved in full wave tactics at a given tick. The Virtual Kingdom system is set in a pentatonic GMT flux, which I've long advised lower tier kingdoms to adopt; at least in some form.

I'm not implying Coldhearteds kingdom; it appears to me they weren't aware of the CoL wave reputation. This is important to learn if you ever tangle with top kingdoms as well as high order war kingdoms. To not war great kingdoms is not a solution. I've offered a strategic alternative and expect it to be beaten. That's how I learn.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 25-03-2018 at 18:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    I have fought pretty much every kingdom in the game. Including COL who DB me last age oop, I shy away from fighting anyone. This glitch was not a normal oops you see from time to time. Granted devs have done a great job to improve the servers and game play. We have experienced little to no oops all age. Name any kingdom in the game and I have fought them once or twice. Yes this kingdom is new, yes some didn't prep 100% right but they all showed pretty much for the wave. They all attempted to play the game and where locked out by something. Either way they got cheated by things out side of there control and many will end up quiting over it. Col will go to any lengths to win, they proved it by reporting some of my guys for cursing. Even though many of their guys did the same to us. Difference between my kingdom and col is we war straight up and keep our word. Your right strait I shouldn't have warred them, not because of their skill or activity but because they are dirt bags who will stoop to any lengths to win.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 25-03-2018 at 19:20.

Regular
    I don't know who you are, Coldhearted, but it seems to me you are continuing a war which you couldn't win in the forums. It's a strategy that has been used for quite some time, yet it's hardly a very fruitful one. I know CoL, most other warring kds know them too, so the idea that they created some kind of mega-oops-glitch in order to win is not gonna stick. You might want to switch to doing something more constructive than slinging empty accusations. If you honestly believe you had been wronged, please submit whatever details you can to the game administration and let them check it. I know the game is far from being in a perfect state, and it sucks if some people in your kingdom might quit over that, but don't try to drag even more players together with you. Utopia is small enough as it is.

Post Fiend
    CoL is also the oldest kingdom in the game. And i have known them to be quite honorable in the 20+ ages i been around

Why hasnt Hordez withdrawn yet...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Why hasnt Hordez withdrawn yet...
    Because we are enjoying the war. We want to extend the war until they doubled the NW

Quote Originally Posted by Nathz View Post
    Because we are enjoying the war. We want to extend the war until they doubled the NW
    Fair enough
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 360 (48,700 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 343 (46,905 acres)
    -- Ambush: 11 (1,661 acres)
    -- Conquest: 1 (134 acres)
    -- Raze: 1 (0 acres)
    -- Failed: 4 (1.1% failure)
    -- Uniques: 101
    Total attacks suffered: 259 (42,398 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 230 (40,317 acres)
    -- Ambush: 18 (2,081 acres)
    -- Raze: 2 (0 acres)
    -- Abduct: 1
    -- Failed: 8 (3.1% failure)
    -- Uniques: 75

** The kingdom of 6:11 **
    Total land exchanged: +6,302 (360/259)
    +6,394 An unknown province (43/0)
    +1,470 RobEm (9/1)
    +941 Vanguard (13/0)
    +817 I didnt like Kenny Anyway (20/16)
    +767 Turn on the red light (12/0)
    +726 Neil Armstrong (7/7)
    +482 OMG Who Killed Kenny (20/44)
    +459 Kenny killed by mutant turkey (16/0)
    +332 Gladiator (12/0)
    +300 Bricks will be shat (7/0)
    +113 Something Clever (7/0)
    +105 Speaker for the dead (4/0)
    -64 OMG I Killed Kenny (14/11)
    -139 I want to be king (16/7)
    -167 ducks are honorable (16/17)
    -178 What the duck (6/2)
    -244 Struck Kenny with lightning (16/16)
    -292 Moi moi beaches (12/4)
    -346 Condemned To The Gallows (15/11)
    -372 Strangled Kenny with a zip tie (19/18)
    -374 Kennys heart is a baked potato (16/16)
    -547 No I Killed Kenny U bastards (17/24)
    -583 Cowboy Bebop (13/3)
    -1,036 OverloadedOnPlanetariumInfo (16/25)
    -2,262 Kenny gets frozen in carbonite (14/37)

** The kingdom of 4:8 **
    Total land exchanged: -6,302 (259/360)
    +1,473 Maze Runner (24/23)
    +1,277 An unknown province (10/0)
    +1,243 The Shape of Water (23/17)
    +735 planet of the hoardz (15/0)
    +486 Celestial Hunter (17/10)
    +341 throne of games (5/6)
    +338 Blood Blue Moon (26/27)
    +280 Jumanchie (18/12)
    +272 District 9 (10/5)
    +202 Barutak (18/21)
    +139 Cyberian Tigra (21/31)
    -91 Su1c1de Squad (15/16)
    -295 Kickboxer (19/23)
    -301 Three Billboards (2/3)
    -627 MonteCristo (0/2)
    -1,120 Learning Forex (0/3)
    -1,158 Slender Man (0/4)
    -1,288 North Gate (4/5)
    -1,311 LoStLorD (0/6)
    -1,342 X Men Dark Phoenix (18/60)
    -1,435 Last Jedi Sucked (7/9)
    -1,709 The Predator (7/16)
    -2,411 Angel has Fallen (0/61)

** Uniques for 6:11 **
    Condemned To The Gallows - 6
    Strangled Kenny with a zip tie - 6
    I didnt like Kenny Anyway - 6
    Vanguard - 6
    Struck Kenny with lightning - 5
    I want to be king - 5
    No I Killed Kenny U bastards - 5
    Kenny gets frozen in carbonite - 5
    OverloadedOnPlanetariumInfo - 5
    RobEm - 5
    Kennys heart is a baked potato - 5
    OMG I Killed Kenny - 5
    OMG Who Killed Kenny - 5
    Cowboy Bebop - 4
    Kenny killed by mutant turkey - 4
    Neil Armstrong - 4
    ducks are honorable - 4
    Gladiator - 3
    Turn on the red light - 3
    Moi moi beaches - 3
    Bricks will be shat - 2
    What the duck - 2
    Something Clever - 2
    Speaker for the dead - 1

** Uniques for 4:8 **
    Maze Runner - 7
    Blood Blue Moon - 7
    The Shape of Water - 7
    Jumanchie - 6
    Cyberian Tigra - 6
    Kickboxer - 5
    X Men Dark Phoenix - 5
    Su1c1de Squad - 5
    Barutak - 5
    District 9 - 5
    planet of the hoardz - 5
    Celestial Hunter - 5
    Last Jedi Sucked - 2
    The Predator - 2
    Three Billboards - 1
    throne of games - 1
    North Gate - 1

** Highlights **
    Most land gained in a single tradmarch
    Vanguard: 484 acres.

Most land lost in a single tradmarch
    Condemned To The Gallows: 425 acres.

Least land gained in a single tradmarch
    Strangled Kenny with a zip tie: 12 acres.

Least land lost in a single tradmarch
    OMG Who Killed Kenny: 23 acres.

Most land regained in a single ambush
    Condemned To The Gallows: 212 acres.

Most land lost in a single ambush
    OverloadedOnPlanetariumInfo: 180 acres.

Least land regained in a single ambush
    Strangled Kenny with a zip tie: 115 acres.

Least land lost in a single ambush
    OMG I Killed Kenny: 64 acres.

Most bounces made by
    Gladiator, Something Clever, Kenny killed by mutant turkey, Vanguard: 1 times.

Most bounces received by
    OMG I Killed Kenny, No I Killed Kenny U bastards: 2 times.

March 23 of YR7 - War declared on 4:8
    June 5 of YR7 - 4:8 withdrew from war

Regular
    Is this not the same KD that f#£@# Zulu's Kd at age start by adding 6ppl or so with the button?

And regarding the ooopppsss ... we all have it... thats why we try and war without aggreed anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathz View Post
    Ok so 3yrs later and you still havn't paid your poker debts to me yet.
    Whats up?

If you have time to play i am sure you can find time to pay me too.
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    Ok so 3yrs later and you still havn't paid your poker debts to me yet.
    Whats up?

If you have time to play i am sure you can find time to pay me too.

Where do you play. Join Me

Administrator
    So far I've spent just over 5 hours gathering the data and reviewing the actions for the start of this war and have not been able to find anything unusual surrounding the actions of CoL or the OOPS that took place. I still have more to look at and once I finish I'll post again.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    So far I've spent just over 5 hours gathering the data and reviewing the actions for the start of this war and have not been able to find anything unusual surrounding the actions of CoL or the OOPS that took place. I still have more to look at and once I finish I'll post again.
    But David, these were "special" oopses so strong in nature that they posses stealth technology to avoid your logging features. Clearly we are going to need to escalate this immediately to every ISP handling upstream traffic for packet inspection!
    We may even need to check for Russian involvement.

Don't worry ColdHearted I got your back!

/s
    Last edited by Tarmor; 26-03-2018 at 14:03.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmor View Post
    We may even need to check for Russian involvement.
    /s
    Mwhaha, the CoL's Russian ain't playing in CoL atm *winks*

Thread Information