Thread: Amnesia Defensive Spell

Amnesia Defensive Spell

Need to make a spell that is a defense against Amnesia. You have NB and PAT to combat storms/droughts and prop, need one for amnesia. Its cheap and uncalled for for a prov to lose 2/3rds of its training time in war and have no defensive spells to even TRY and combat it. Make the spell called "Protect my learners" or something dumb like that... and it can be a duration defensive spell with a random defensive factor between 30-60% protection for anywhere between 2-14hrs.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Its called Magic Shield, or Mystic Aura, or Reflect Magic, or Divine Shield ...

but since you bring up NB, why do blizzards appear to be immune?

Magic Shield doesnt do anything and only orcs have RM...mystic aura is a 1 shot spell not duration so if thats the case might as well get rid of all defensive spells in general. Which is not gonna happen.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    A kingdom must choose Amnesia over nightmares, fireballs, and MS, so there is a built-in limitation.

But I'm not opposed to some mitigation. Perhaps universities could also protect, and a spell like "Archivist's Dream" or the like could reduce the damage of Amnesia by a modest percent.

Post Fiend
    magic shield does feel useless at times when you see zero fails in news and ops blast their way through your province but pretty sure it is doing something to prevent ops from non-t/m's, at least I hope so.

other than NB which protects against storms/drought and has % chance of curing plague when cast Xtimes, I don't like the idea of having specific defensive spells against specific offensive spells, kind of makes the spell redundant! Also you can get a faery to cast RM on you, so problem solved in terms of defensive spell protection against amnesia.

Post Fiend
    Magic Shield increases defensive WPA by 20%

If your rWPA is 1
    and theirs is 12, 1.2 wpa isn't going to slow them much :P Its more useful against provinces around your own mWPA.

Thread Information