Thread: dragon ritual

dragon ritual

Heroic
    +30% Dragon slaying strength
    +15% Dragon funding strength
    -15% effects of enemy Dragon

shrug

Post Fiend
    Interesting idea but this could end up being a wasteful ritual if enemy kd are unable to fund drake if you rob/cripple their economy or if they are just bluffing.

Also, would this stack with paladin bonus of +35% Dragon-slaying strength?

If you want to talk (new) rituals let us rethink the awful resilient ritual, does anyone actually use it?

sure it would stack with paladin, dont see why not. ~1.75 slay power for a paladin with base heroic ritual up

thats the risk i guess, same as anything its strategic choice... maybe you only use it pre-war for funding purposes, maybe you whip up a 40cast for slaying mid-war, or maybe you know its going to be one-way dragon against you and you use it for some protection/slay ability.

resil is easy imo, just match the in/out %, but no i dont really see it in use.

Veteran
    imho resilient shouldnt match the in/out otherwise it's an easy choice to use it. I've seen it used a bit, but there are particular (limited) situations where i would consider it. but i dont see a problem with that being the case.

i dont mind the dragon ritual idea. havent considered in any detail whether the numbers are balanced. it should stack if we have it because other bonuses stack.

it being an 'easy choice' if they are even would depend on the value, non?

Veteran
    yeah, true i guess. perhaps i was too hasty in my comment :) But my concern would be, for example, that we turn it into a de facto wizz pumping stance. Currently there would be a downside of that in that you are vulnerable to hits that you can't effectively retal. with the same in/out, that disadvantage goes away.

it is also true (which hadn't considered earlier) than having the same numbers in/out may make it viable in new situations (eg potentially in war, although i still think that would be very limited as there would normally be a better option)

i think the changes to guilds/personailties has made a decent enough change to WPA pumping that that would be less of an issue, but point taken. im fine to just wave goodbye to it as well

Love the name, but I dislike the bonuses. I suggest the following change:

33% boost to the effects of your dragon against your opponent
    20% nerf to incoming dragon effects.
    #magi

seems less exciting that way to me :P

Thread Information