Thread: Hipmunks farmout to Emeriti

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    All unit values are over inflated. But in this context, Emeriti's biggest drawback was their lack of a Fae wall.
    The fact that every war everyone has they try to make a "fae wall" means faeries are overpowered.

Forum Fanatic
    Tl;dr analysis is great fight with hipmunks, these guys are evil and are good warriors. Take my comments with a grain of salt as this is my opinion only as this age was supposed to be my slack age/age off but I came back for the last few things to help out.

The setup we have this age is not really a WW setup, that’s pretty obvious. It’s more of a farm in min time and exit setup. As such, it wasn’t really built to force a WW from hipmunks here. While we could break all of their provinces in the beginning it just takes way too long to desert all of them down to no def when you are 1-2xing. In this meta UB(ish) walls win wars. Whether they gain/grow or not depends. If you have enough WWs accumulated through the age, by the time you have a later age war, the WW bonus is massive and it’s very hard to overcome it by outgaining in war. On the other hand, if you haven’t warred much through the age but have many non-attackers, you could lose a lot of land in war inspite getting the WW.

There were several points in the war where we could have WD up 30k+ acres but stuck around to try and get the win (not really what our setup was made for) but there really wasn’t anything else worthwhile to do given how the age has played out.

New meta definitely seems to stay smaller and get as many wars wins as you can to build up the counter (pumping is no longer a thing like in the past), that way when you get WW later in age the bonus is massive even if you lose land in war. The other consideration is how much you enjoy warring and if you are willing to war for many days in excess of min time to get WW.

Grats hipmunks and good war. I’m gonna go back to my semi retirement hole but you guys are evil, keep it up.
    Last edited by Proteus; 06-04-2018 at 03:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Tl;dr analysis is great fight with hipmunks, these guys are evil and are good warriors. Take my comments with a grain of salt as this is my opinion only as this age was supposed to be my slack age/age off but I came back for the last few things to help out.

The setup we have this age is not really a WW setup, that’s pretty obvious. It’s more of a farm in min time and exit setup. As such, it wasn’t really built to force a WW from hipmunks here. While we could break all of their provinces in the beginning it just takes way too long to desert all of them down to no def when you are 1-2xing. In this meta UB(ish) walls win wars. Whether they gain/grow or not depends. If you have enough WWs accumulated through the age, by the time you have a later age war, the WW bonus is massive and it’s very hard to overcome it by outgaining in war. On the other hand, if you haven’t warred much through the age but have many non-attackers, you could lose a lot of land in war inspite getting the WW.

There were several points in the war where we could have WD up 30k+ acres but stuck around to try and get the win (not really what our setup was made for) but there really wasn’t anything else worthwhile to do given how the age has played out.

New meta definitely seems to stay smaller and get as many wars wins as you can to build up the counter (pumping is no longer a thing like in the past), that way when you get WW later in age the bonus is massive even if you lose land in war. The other consideration is how much you enjoy warring and if you are willing to war for many days in excess of min time to get WW.

Grats hipmunks and good war. I’m gonna go back to my semi retirement hole but you guys are evil, keep it up.
    What you're saying is that, ideally you want to rack up war wins, and your KD picked a setup designed to lose wars. I'm sure we're all curious why

Forum Fanatic
    What you're saying is that, ideally you want to rack up war wins, and your KD picked a setup designed to lose wars. I'm sure we're all curious why
    When going for land it’s hard to wrack up war wins. You are too big and too few kds to war you so you won’t get enough wars and wins by the time you have a contender fight.

We actually tried two flavors of setups. 2 ages ago we had a lot of faeries and were unable to get many wars. We warred BB later in the age and they WD up land from us. That was a situation where the faery wall loses land min time and the same situation played out in this war we had now as well as our first war with 4:15. The other problem with the fae wall we found was your opponent has to be willing to war beyond mintime for you to eventually farm them and get WW, but that’s not something you can control. Even when you can break the wall, it takes far too long to actually cripple those provinces with 1-2 taps.

Last age we went the opposite direction and had many attackers. We didn’t get WWs but we’re up big acres come mine time and exited with them which led to a crown.

This age same setup but tougher given the early age stareoff with Bb that led to nowhere and the wave from Sparta. Late age with a setup like this it was. Tougher to outfarm against kds collecting WWs.

The other thing I forgot to mention which was been said already, unless you have a superior advantage with these mechanics opening is suicide and leads to guaranteed war loss or huge acre loss. That’s why people have stareoffs.

Everyone has their own preferences but I enjoyed the game far more under the mechanics of the old devs than I do now.

The setups that RR / Hipmunks have do well in this meta and both kds have stated they really care about WWs and like to war. At lest myself, I don’t like to war every week and was for > 2 days. It’s really hard to do when you work long hours and are no longer single. Also as you get older it’s harder for your body to bounce back.
    Last edited by Proteus; 06-04-2018 at 12:33.

When going for land it’s hard to wrack up war wins. You are too big and too few kds to war you so you won’t get enough wars and wins by the time you have a contender fight.
    You're in 3rd, 1st and 2nd are 6/6 and 7/7 and you gave them both warwins. I don't know how much more obvious it can be that you're wrong and utterly ****ed up the meta this age.

We actually tried two flavors of setups. 2 ages ago we had a lot of faeries and were unable to get many wars.
    What on Earth does your setup two ages ago have to do with this age, and how badly you failed due to a bad setup and worse strategy.

We warred BB later in the age and they WD up land from us. That was a situation where the faery wall loses land min time and the same situation played out in this war we had now as well as our first war with 4:15.
    So you successfully withdrew up acres once, is what you're saying. And your strategy was to farm out free land/warwins/honor to your competitors in the hopes that... what exactly? The only reason you even got to war 4:15 is because after being stomped earlier in the age you managed, inexplicably, to find like 50k acres in free waves.

The other problem with the fae wall we found was your opponent has to be willing to war beyond mintime for you to eventually farm them and get WW, but that’s not something you can control. Even when you can break the wall, it takes far too long to actually cripple those provinces with 1-2 taps.
    So to summarise, you just believe you should never war to win, and gambled on a losing streak to carry you to #1.

Last age we went the opposite direction and had many attackers. We didn’t get WWs but we’re up big acres come mine time and exited with them which led to a crown.

This age same setup but tougher given the early age stareoff with Bb that led to nowhere and the wave from Sparta. Late age with a setup like this it was. Tougher to outfarm against kds collecting WWs.
    You make it seem like nobody was collecting land... but obviously they succeeded where you failed. To recap, here are the war win records of the top 7 ranked kingdoms (those over 100k)

RR - 6/6
    Hipmunks - 7/7
    Emeriti - 2/6
    Coins - 5/6
    Resilience - 1/4
    BB - 2/4
    CoL - 5/5

You have the fewest T/M provinces of the group, and the most losses, and as we all know only #1 matters. So just accept your setup and strategy were bad for this age.

The other thing I forgot to mention which was been said already, unless you have a superior advantage with these mechanics opening is suicide and leads to guaranteed war loss or huge acre loss. That’s why people have stareoffs.
    Your last war was arranged and you had a full hour advantage due to oops. You still couldn't have pulled off the win and for some reason, despite your claim you could have withdrew up 30k acres, you didn't. I mean, it was my prediction too - 30k at min time. Might have been a little high for that point of the war, but you withdrew up like 2k and maybe 7-8k in LL? lololo.

Everyone has their own preferences but I enjoyed the game far more under the mechanics of the old devs than I do now.
    You might not like the mechanics but the glitches sure are nice, amiright?

[/quote]The setups that RR / Hipmunks have do well in this meta and both kds have stated they really care about WWs and like to war. At lest myself, I don’t like to war every week and was for > 2 days. It’s really hard to do when you work long hours and are no longer single. Also as you get older it’s harder for your body to bounce back.[/QUOTE]

And finally, proteus lowkey admits that Emeriti miss played the meta and selected a bad setup.

Forum Fanatic
    @Pillz - And your personal accomplishments are what again?

Who is it you are rooting for and what are their credentials, wins, and achievements? Everyone can have an less than ideal age but the guys you are trying to bash have way less of them than the ones you put on a pedestal so you failed hard
    Last edited by Proteus; 06-04-2018 at 20:25.

@Pillz - And your personal accomplishments are what again?

Who is it you are rooting for and what are their credentials, wins, and achievements? Everyone can have an less than ideal age but the guys you are trying to bash have way less of them than the ones you put on a pedestal so you failed hard
    Trolling the **** out of you, apparently. I haven't put anybody on a pedestal, I'm laughing at you and your kingdom's ineptitude this age.

Sir Postalot

Why is opening any different now than it was before? I had full intel of your staredown with BB, and you could have 2x'd their entire hybrid kingdom turtled. The whole point of running 21 dryads is who cares if they chain 2 of them, you have 19 more. Don't see why giving the button is difficult. Also, you don't need to send all 50 hits in at once to open.

Pillz, Emeriti's setup wasn't bad. Training and staring at BB for a week instead of opening and letting all the weaker setups catch up was bad.
    Last edited by flogger; 06-04-2018 at 19:16.

Post Fiend

Pillz always seems to be aggressive toward others and I don't really understand why. Yeah it's obvious that everyone makes the odd mistake or perhaps even come across as arrogant or almighty like with their thoughts or actions. Does this give people like pillz the right to mouth off? Proteus is an excellent utopian who does what is required as honourable as possible to succeed. It's true that everyone sometime or an other will make wrong moves and try to cover it up as we are all imperfect human beings but pillz man please try to wind your neck in a few inches as you seem to think you are some kind of godlike figure in these forums. I don't mean to offend you intentionally but man you seriously need to climb down from your pedestal and take a few chill pills. Proteus on the other hand would easily own you in terms of utopia and it's stupid mechanics :) have a good day sir!!!
    Last edited by ThePuncher; 07-04-2018 at 08:30. Reason: Spelling
    Marmite, you either crave it or loath it

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The fact that every war everyone has they try to make a "fae wall" means faeries are overpowered.
    For the record, at no point during this war was a single faery unbreakable. The only unbreakables we had were two dwarves.

Thread Information