Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hipmunks farmout to Emeriti

Isnt it obvious from Proteus post?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The fact that every war everyone has they try to make a "fae wall" means faeries are overpowered.
    For the record, at no point during this war was a single faery unbreakable. The only unbreakables we had were two dwarves.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    What you're saying is that, ideally you want to rack up war wins, and your KD picked a setup designed to lose wars. I'm sure we're all curious why
    When going for land it’s hard to wrack up war wins. You are too big and too few kds to war you so you won’t get enough wars and wins by the time you have a contender fight.

We actually tried two flavors of setups. 2 ages ago we had a lot of faeries and were unable to get many wars. We warred BB later in the age and they WD up land from us. That was a situation where the faery wall loses land min time and the same situation played out in this war we had now as well as our first war with 4:15. The other problem with the fae wall we found was your opponent has to be willing to war beyond mintime for you to eventually farm them and get WW, but that’s not something you can control. Even when you can break the wall, it takes far too long to actually cripple those provinces with 1-2 taps.

Last age we went the opposite direction and had many attackers. We didn’t get WWs but we’re up big acres come mine time and exited with them which led to a crown.

This age same setup but tougher given the early age stareoff with Bb that led to nowhere and the wave from Sparta. Late age with a setup like this it was. Tougher to outfarm against kds collecting WWs.

The other thing I forgot to mention which was been said already, unless you have a superior advantage with these mechanics opening is suicide and leads to guaranteed war loss or huge acre loss. That’s why people have stareoffs.

Everyone has their own preferences but I enjoyed the game far more under the mechanics of the old devs than I do now.

The setups that RR / Hipmunks have do well in this meta and both kds have stated they really care about WWs and like to war. At lest myself, I don’t like to war every week and was for > 2 days. It’s really hard to do when you work long hours and are no longer single. Also as you get older it’s harder for your body to bounce back.
    Last edited by Proteus; 06-04-2018 at 12:33.

Veteran
    Thanks for the synopsis Proteus. How were ops on both sides? Dryad/Heretic looks like an interesting combo at first glance but looking outside-in doesn't seem to capitalize on the race's offensive advantages. Add to the +attack time and -kills it looks like a dilution of short term advantages (perhaps ability to 2x t/m) and a slow bleed long term vs. Orcs.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    Thanks for the synopsis Proteus. How were ops on both sides? Dryad/Heretic looks like an interesting combo at first glance but looking outside-in doesn't seem to capitalize on the race's offensive advantages. Add to the +attack time and -kills it looks like a dilution of short term advantages (perhaps ability to 2x t/m) and a slow bleed long term vs. Orcs.
    I don’t want to speak for HMs but we went with 3.5 rtpa and flipped housing to crime sci on the last moment on most of our provinces except for a few larger ones where we went lighter on tpa to ensure we could break their top Dws. We were able to NS their orcs fairly easily in the beginning for strong kills but as dryads got fatter and their orcs got smaller that was no longer possible. We had some solid NS power against 4:15 (and they ran WT) war 1 and war 2 we went high off low tpa (they had WT build for war 2 on their core as they anticipated the high tpa strat). The challenge we really had was due to positioning as our first war against 4:15 was fighting them on the heels of a strong WW against BB and we had just dumped pool. Dryads are pretty reliant on WH for offense to break TM walls that are properly pumped. With the OOPS bugs the TMs are favored as it’s easier to rob a provs horses and spam ops second before it’s home to trap it in. At the same time oops is being created when you interact trying to hit the TM that’s speed robbing you. Overall Dryad is a really strong race choice and we were had lower attack times than our opponents in vast majority of our wars. Dryad can’t hold land long term though. When fighting a TM wall, of you destroy their core and hit the TMs down, as long as TM is able to continue doing ops, they’ll chain all dryads down by one over a period of time and all gains will revert back. Really needs to be paired with a wall of UBs. It’s also a philosophical choice as well, the TM wall setups really take longer than min time wars to get back the land that’s initially taken by attacker setups and then to start farming them. All of this results in really long wars.

I personally was impressed with the determination that both HM and 4:15 showed. Maybe I’m just personally so far over the hill (and am way past my prime) but they were very active and motivated so my hats off to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    When going for land it’s hard to wrack up war wins. You are too big and too few kds to war you so you won’t get enough wars and wins by the time you have a contender fight.
    You're in 3rd, 1st and 2nd are 6/6 and 7/7 and you gave them both warwins. I don't know how much more obvious it can be that you're wrong and utterly ****ed up the meta this age.

We actually tried two flavors of setups. 2 ages ago we had a lot of faeries and were unable to get many wars.
    What on Earth does your setup two ages ago have to do with this age, and how badly you failed due to a bad setup and worse strategy.

We warred BB later in the age and they WD up land from us. That was a situation where the faery wall loses land min time and the same situation played out in this war we had now as well as our first war with 4:15.
    So you successfully withdrew up acres once, is what you're saying. And your strategy was to farm out free land/warwins/honor to your competitors in the hopes that... what exactly? The only reason you even got to war 4:15 is because after being stomped earlier in the age you managed, inexplicably, to find like 50k acres in free waves.

The other problem with the fae wall we found was your opponent has to be willing to war beyond mintime for you to eventually farm them and get WW, but that’s not something you can control. Even when you can break the wall, it takes far too long to actually cripple those provinces with 1-2 taps.
    So to summarise, you just believe you should never war to win, and gambled on a losing streak to carry you to #1.

Last age we went the opposite direction and had many attackers. We didn’t get WWs but we’re up big acres come mine time and exited with them which led to a crown.

This age same setup but tougher given the early age stareoff with Bb that led to nowhere and the wave from Sparta. Late age with a setup like this it was. Tougher to outfarm against kds collecting WWs.
    You make it seem like nobody was collecting land... but obviously they succeeded where you failed. To recap, here are the war win records of the top 7 ranked kingdoms (those over 100k)

RR - 6/6
    Hipmunks - 7/7
    Emeriti - 2/6
    Coins - 5/6
    Resilience - 1/4
    BB - 2/4
    CoL - 5/5

You have the fewest T/M provinces of the group, and the most losses, and as we all know only #1 matters. So just accept your setup and strategy were bad for this age.

The other thing I forgot to mention which was been said already, unless you have a superior advantage with these mechanics opening is suicide and leads to guaranteed war loss or huge acre loss. That’s why people have stareoffs.
    Your last war was arranged and you had a full hour advantage due to oops. You still couldn't have pulled off the win and for some reason, despite your claim you could have withdrew up 30k acres, you didn't. I mean, it was my prediction too - 30k at min time. Might have been a little high for that point of the war, but you withdrew up like 2k and maybe 7-8k in LL? lololo.

Everyone has their own preferences but I enjoyed the game far more under the mechanics of the old devs than I do now.
    You might not like the mechanics but the glitches sure are nice, amiright?

[/quote]The setups that RR / Hipmunks have do well in this meta and both kds have stated they really care about WWs and like to war. At lest myself, I don’t like to war every week and was for > 2 days. It’s really hard to do when you work long hours and are no longer single. Also as you get older it’s harder for your body to bounce back.[/QUOTE]

And finally, proteus lowkey admits that Emeriti miss played the meta and selected a bad setup.

Sir Postalot

Why is opening any different now than it was before? I had full intel of your staredown with BB, and you could have 2x'd their entire hybrid kingdom turtled. The whole point of running 21 dryads is who cares if they chain 2 of them, you have 19 more. Don't see why giving the button is difficult. Also, you don't need to send all 50 hits in at once to open.

Pillz, Emeriti's setup wasn't bad. Training and staring at BB for a week instead of opening and letting all the weaker setups catch up was bad.
    Last edited by flogger; 06-04-2018 at 19:16.

I don't know if it is a comfort, but talking to memster, he agrees with flogger.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Fanatic
    @Pillz - And your personal accomplishments are what again?

Who is it you are rooting for and what are their credentials, wins, and achievements? Everyone can have an less than ideal age but the guys you are trying to bash have way less of them than the ones you put on a pedestal so you failed hard
    Last edited by Proteus; 06-04-2018 at 20:25.

Post Fiend
    Just let the record state, I agree with Flogger we misplayed the situation with BB. I disagree with his assessment on how we should have handled it.

And Pillz, who cares? We made some mistakes in the age. Your assessment on the hipmunks war is wrong. And yes ultimately something we thought we could pull off this age didn't work. But you're interested in everything we do so we must be doing something right.

@Pillz - And your personal accomplishments are what again?

Who is it you are rooting for and what are their credentials, wins, and achievements? Everyone can have an less than ideal age but the guys you are trying to bash have way less of them than the ones you put on a pedestal so you failed hard
    Trolling the **** out of you, apparently. I haven't put anybody on a pedestal, I'm laughing at you and your kingdom's ineptitude this age.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Trolling the **** out of you, apparently. I haven't put anybody on a pedestal, I'm laughing at you and your kingdom's ineptitude this age.
    Funny to judge others without having competed yourself. Classic.

Since you failed to credentialize yourself, this is a conversation not worth having.

Funny to judge others without having competed yourself. Classic.

Since you failed to credentialize yourself, this is a conversation not worth having.
    It was over a long time ago, when you wrote a lengthy excuse, as I'd said you would.

The new system is boring as hell for a lot of people (me and a few old "whoring" type players ive talked with) and its pretty obvious that growing is not really something anyone is trying to do anymore because its such a clusterfokk and requires even more time dedicated then it ever did in a time when most people playing the game are not teenagers anymore.

I would bet that its actually just emertiti being "stopid" enough to go for land crown as their primary goal this age actually... maybe bb i dont know..

Hesus actually never have landcrown as a primary goal, he wants to have some wars and preferably against some interesting opponents which then might lead to a growth or it might not.. I would bet hipmunks are in pretty much the same situation actually, i dont know them but by the fact alone that they didnt fill their kd, they were not big early from what i remember etc it would hint at that their goal was same as hesus(4.15 i dont know what the kd really should be called).

So the nr1 and nr2 kd dont really care for growth one of them will just happen to crown in nw/land by doing their thing.. which is quite curious because the game have never been like that before.

I also heard rumours that hawk said(on twitch) he would change it so that you wouldnt tripple crown anymore and that he would try to change the mechanics to separate the war/growth/honor being all the same, which now lead to the sitaution where one kd will instead quad crown? ;)

Anyway its 3am and im tired so i didnt really have any real points i just find it curious that the state of being a growth kingdom dont really exist anymore (other then emertiti i guess?)

Bring back whoring!
    Last edited by vir; 07-04-2018 at 01:28.

it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Most land lost in a single tradmarch
    The Day of the Doctor: 1,786 acres.

I would honestly love to see the stats of this attack. Creds earned? Kills? Troops lost?
    Tom [leshra#] attacked The Day of the Doctor (5:1)|captured: 1,786|loss: 3,640 Will O The Wisps and 3,640 horses|kills: 7,171 (+4,920 prisoners)|return: 9.59|12813 spec creds|3,682 peasants|2675941off (2 gens)

Thread Information