Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOPS Hot Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Wouldn't your last paragraph mean you risk stealing war horses to find that not only did you not manage to steal them before the attacker sent out, but also that you just wasted a lot of stealth getting 0 horses?
    No it wouldn't. The issue was primarily that passive spells like MS didn't have accurate effects because the db updated when provinces got interacted with or accessed their throne page or made operations. An attack sends out all horses, the prov would be updated as such, and again by the OP itself.

Ms is the most consistent example Zauper & hawk bring up when discussing the flaws of mehuls code... And it seems painfully minor compared to what we suffer through now.

Veteran
    DavidC: Per province is *much* better and does address most of my concern (it makes the effective rate about 25x faster, so...).

I'll defer to the programmers and database experts on whether 3 seconds is feasible as compared to 5, though I would ask you to keep in mind the possibility of reducing the cooldown after testing this deadlock protocol.

And yes, I do think if two kingdoms are at war the throttling should apply to both sides. If one side is spamming NM and NS and the other side is spamming Aura and whatnot, it doesn't seem fair if only one side's actions happen to trigger the OOPS threshold while the other side is hot to trot.

Veteran
    Also, you should post a link to this discussion thread in the announcement, along with a notice that just badmouthing the server or code will get you banned :p

Thread Information