Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4:15 vs 5:1? Is it happening?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Foursup View Post
    Sounds like poor attempt of a prep on your part.
    It was a good prep, just too many resources and not enough time.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Do you think exploring those 20k acres was a good idea?

Maybe an overpumped 30k land difference was better than almost- pumoed 10k land difference?

Just wondering really...probably was best move too since it the perfect buffer
    I don't think it would have made a difference in the end one way or the other, but our elf were like 3000 acres after the emeriti war, those wouldn't have lasted five seconds in a war.
    Last edited by Swagger; 10-04-2018 at 07:10.

Post Fiend
    Should have gone for the b2b with Emeriti instead of exploring it seems

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    It was a good prep, just too many resources and not enough time.
    How on earth can someone explore over 20k acres or more during end of war ceasefire and come out fully pumped against a 40% bigger kingdom? Again, these big kingdoms expect all the advantages 100% of the time. Hipmunks would war 4:15 in a heartbeat if it was on even terms but it seems 4:15 didn't want to give them time to fight. Utopia is a nasty game with kingdoms just wanting to vulture the potential threats as quickly as possible. I mentioned earlier that these kingdoms might have agreed a war to allow hipmunks time to prep but it appears from the wave that 4:15 didn't want to take any chances. I sit, I watch, I notice things and of the two top kingdoms on the server I would favour hipmunk to win the war on even terms. Maybe hipmunks will remember this power play and make broco remember come next age. What goes around comes around right. Anyways, I hope both kingdoms enjoy their status as the giants in utopia. I also wonder if hipmunks had decided to whore more they would probably exceed 300k acres by now. I also think they have truly proven themselves in the war tier and can now move into future ages as the ultimate giants. Just my two cents :)
    Last edited by ThePuncher; 10-04-2018 at 10:38.
    Marmite, you either crave it or loath it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuncher View Post
    How on earth can someone explore over 20k acres or more during end of war ceasefire and come out fully pumped against a 40% bigger kingdom? Again, these big kingdoms expect all the advantages 100% of the time. Hipmunks would war 4:15 in a heartbeat if it was on even terms but it seems 4:15 didn't want to give them time to fight. Utopia is a nasty game with kingdoms just wanting to vulture the potential threats as quickly as possible. I mentioned earlier that these kingdoms might have agreed a war to allow hipmunks time to prep but it appears from the wave that 4:15 didn't want to take any chances. I sit, I watch, I notice things and of the two top kingdoms on the server I would favour hipmunk to win the war on even terms. Maybe hipmunks will remember this power play and make broco remember come next age. What goes around comes around right. Anyways, I hope both kingdoms enjoy their status as the giants in utopia. I also wonder if hipmunks had decided to whore more they would probably exceed 300k acres by now. I also think they have truly proven themselves in the war tier and can now move into future ages as the ultimate giants. Just my two cents :)
    Why would you not use your size advantage to secure landcrown? It sounds a bit stupid to allow your competition time to catch up and prep. Thats a good way to lose a crown :P

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor View Post
    Didn't 4:15 do that when they warred Emertiti first time? 4:15 being in eowcf with BB and emertiti prepping for a long time oow. Don't remember how much we explored thou.
    Why post if you don’t remember? Emeriti dumped a lot of pool while 4:15 was at war due to not having cfs. 4:15 came OOW with more military and larger UBs.

Forum Addict
    You explored while we were hostiling. Had more than 6 days to pump. Ofc we had ub:s, we stole your horses and Binar cried.

Good thing you lost you moderatorship, would have banned me for posting something on the forum for not remembering.

Postaholic
    We don't blame barco for waving us, it was the logical play by them. We failed in getting to a position to war them and they had no reason to let a potential competitor sit for free. We probably could have hostiled them and potentially blocked them from crowning if emeriti and/or ronins reacted quickly, but I'm not a fan of plays like that. They had a great age and warred their way into position the same as we did, nothing but respect for them.

We had also full converted to war build and were hemorrhaging cash, so them giving us more time wouldn't have changed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    We don't blame barco for waving us, it was the logical play by them. We failed in getting to a position to war them and they had no reason to let a potential competitor sit for free. We probably could have hostiled them and potentially blocked them from crowning if emeriti and/or ronins reacted quickly, but I'm not a fan of plays like that. They had a great age and warred their way into position the same as we did, nothing but respect for them.

We had also full converted to war build and were hemorrhaging cash, so them giving us more time wouldn't have changed anything.
    +1. Classy post.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    +1. Classy post.
    True utopian :)
    Marmite, you either crave it or loath it

Quote Originally Posted by ThePuncher View Post
    True utopian :)
    That classy post ran counter to your own, though.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor View Post
    You explored while we were hostiling. Had more than 6 days to pump. Ofc we had ub:s, we stole your horses and Binar cried.

Good thing you lost you moderatorship, would have banned me for posting something on the forum for not remembering.
    Yeah in hindsight that wasn’t good idea given I couldn’t keep myself from telling certain people what I thought of them. From the outset, I was offered a secret troll alias which I chose not to take as that would be too much of a hassle and I want people to know that it came from me.

But no I wouldn’t have banned you for posting what you said, it’s just not accurate. You trying to spin it in a certain way to tell some sort of story, which I don’t see the point of. I did say congrats to folks there for having a good age with good wars.

If Proteus didnt ban Korp i wouldnt worry that you would have gotten banned Mansoor

Post Fiend
    Unfortunately, the fight will not occur. Hipmunks did not want to war and we really had no choice but to respect that. Both of our kingdoms had an incredible age, but it seems like a bit of a waste to me to not fight it out for the rightful warring crown victor. Perhaps we could have given them more time to prep, but I know if the roles were reversed 4:15 would have fought regardless. Personally, I would have a hard time accepting the war win crown as is. We both got to the same spot warring mostly the same kingdoms, and it only makes sense to me to duke it out for the title. I get they feel they would not be able to win, so why bother, but you won't know unless you try. And as I said before, we surely would have tried if the positions were reversed.

It's been a grind this age and we're both tired. But fack me this could have been one hell of a finale. Shame.

Regular
    Cant say hip did a good prep , they did not even max eco in thier eowcf. Is that RR faults? I was excited to war u guys and u just ... if it was we vs u and we had low land/nw we should still war u nobody remember nr2.

Thread Information