Thread: Offense and Defense questions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
    An Elf Mystic with decent magic science can get MS off on attackers with 1 WPA, good luck stopping MS, and fireballs are even easier. The amount of effort it would take to get that wpa down there is astronomical, my attackers would be very happy to hear the other kingdom was making the effort. Even with coordinated GA+AW, assuming they manage to get their stealth high enough to do that.

I could have 5 TPA and would still be just as vulnerable to a rogue, I don't think you understand how much I would need to do, to match a rogue's tpa enough to stop AW. They aren't as ridiculous as last age, but it's still going to take a lot of resources from other areas. And attackers win wars.
    This, becuase
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Doesn't take much to make that elf mystic have a hard time MSing. At that point you can land props that take whole TPA if you're (mediocre) rogues aren't ****e. Then they become a kidnap farm, free prop. You can do the route where you aw into FB/LL range but sometimes half doing 2 ppl IS worth more than finishing one.

At 3 TPA, he's sacrificing any offensive ops and huge vulnerability to theft, aw, Ga, kidnap, prop, regular arson, for like 10-15% military? I just don't know.
    Your basic argument is its better to be a T/M than a A/m. For a t/m 5 raw tpa some TD say 10% and 20% wt will likely "slow down" a rogue and as the rogue fails due to auto catch and what not. 5 raw tpa may even be "enough" tpa to actually protect you (mystic 1-2 will likely "Fall" but mystic 3-4+ will be defensive enough and all mystics can offensively op)

However for a A/M even 2 tpa isn't really sacrificing anything. Because their goal is to take and hold econ while msing->fbing. the difference between say 2 tpa and 5 tpa isnt "enough" to do ANY offensive opp once u grow 20-30% and fail away 1 raw tpa because u cant run max TD.

For your typical A/m your looking at 36 hours into war on (2/1.3)=1.5 raw tpa+30% wt
    Vrs
    ((5-1)/1.3)=3 raw tpa and no TD.

That 3 raw tpa isnt going to be enough to do ANY offensive ops since u have no TD. And even if u have TD its not going to be doing a ton of damage. Couple that with the fact that if u wanted to be running TD the whole time you likely had to avoid stables/tg/hospitals/rax to fit it into your build and your looking at trading a little late war NS and early war ops for what would likely translate into 50%+ more effective military (raw military+military oriented build) not the 10-15% you were guessing.
    Last edited by Persain; 16-04-2018 at 17:19.

Thread Information