Thread: Calling all banner makers, graphic designers and the likes

Calling all banner makers, graphic designers and the likes

Greetings, all you creative souls!

I have recently found myself deeply engrossed in the work of creating banners, taunts etc for my kingdom. Now im completely new to this, I have little to no creative skills and an even worse imagination. What I do have however, is too much time on my hands and stamina!

So im gonna ask the community for help in improving the banners I create:

What programs do you use, or would you use to create your own backgrounds. It does not have to be a free program, but it would help if we avoided the most expensive and complicated programs. Obviously these might be better, but remember that im a complete beginner :P

I often find myself using finished backgrounds cause, well lets face it, there are some awesome backgrounds out there. I do find myself wanna add text to the pictures tho. And then I often wanna add effects to that text. This is where I struggle to find a quality program :P Do you know of any decent programs where you can open a background, resize it and add effects/overlays and also add text and in addition have the ability to add effects to that text?

Share any knowledge, tips, guides, walkthroughs or anything you might have found useful in your path to creating awesome backgrounds.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

And THIS is how I get blammed for bannering the server lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

https://www.getpaint.net/ <- basically a free Photoshop lite, but way easier to use. The only -easy- way to get nice text effects without the full Photoshop loadout is to swipe them from online generators (you can just copy and paste them in instead of paying in most cases).
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thank you Octobrev.

I will look it up :P

Zulu.. Are you really gonna feign complete innocence here? Ok, admittedly the taunt was made by me, the taunts were posted by me and the credits where paid by me...... Hmm. Maybe for once your guilt free......

Quote Originally Posted by J0ve View Post
    Thank you Octobrev.

I will look it up :P

Zulu.. Are you really gonna feign complete innocence here? Ok, admittedly the taunt was made by me, the taunts were posted by me and the credits where paid by me...... Hmm. Maybe for once your guilt free......
    Saved me money this age
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information