Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUG: Remove networth as a metric

SUG: Remove networth as a metric

You want utopia to go places, remove networth from the game. Acres only. The game is and has always been about acres. Remove networth as a metric from all calculations, kingdom page, province pages, internal stats, all gains formulas, etc. The game instantly becomes simpler and more competitive.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

What!? I've won wars solely because of NW. Acres are basically only a measure of potential where Networth is a measure of actually power. And removing Networth makes balancing the game more difficult. There is a reason and rational for why elites have different NW values.

Veteran
    This is a facially absurd suggestion. You would have to drastically overhaul racial balancing, and probably eliminate half the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    You want utopia to go places, remove networth from the game. Acres only. The game is and has always been about acres. Remove networth as a metric from all calculations, kingdom page, province pages, internal stats, all gains formulas, etc. The game instantly becomes simpler and more competitive.
    Terrible idea. What they should do is return to NW-based gains.

Forum Fanatic
    Damn I’m agreeing with Steel again

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    What!? I've won wars solely because of NW. Acres are basically only a measure of potential where Networth is a measure of actually power. And removing Networth makes balancing the game more difficult. There is a reason and rational for why elites have different NW values.
    Power is never outwardly visible in reality, especially when we're talking scope of country vs country in a fantasy setting. Networth as a quantifiable metric makes no sense.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    This is a facially absurd suggestion. You would have to drastically overhaul racial balancing, and probably eliminate half the rest of the game.
    Networth has no effect on racial balancing, other then to satisfy a networth based gains formula.

None of the rest of gameplay uses networth, other then to satisfy gains based formulas. Dragon formula would have to transition to acreage based.

Forum Fanatic
    The game has been on land based. It was a huge fail .No need to go back to repeating bad ideas all over again just so land farms can pop up everywhere OOP and make farming people fresh OOW even worse.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Demon
    nw is fine, nw based gains would be even better. You got to have this factor so it does not just become about who can cram in the most stuff on the least acres, running 70% homes should have its drawbacks as it should never be the go to strategy for the majority of players, that would take the meaning of all other buildings out of the game.

Director of Age Changes
    No, we need nwbg back.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Bring back net worth based gains, yes please!
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    nw is fine, nw based gains would be even better. You got to have this factor so it does not just become about who can cram in the most stuff on the least acres, running 70% homes should have its drawbacks as it should never be the go to strategy for the majority of players, that would take the meaning of all other buildings out of the game.
    with networth as a nonmetric, cramming isnt relevant.

Post Demon
    sure it is if we use land based gains and you can hold twice the military I have on the same numbers of acres then I can never retal and you win every time.

with nw as a metric I don't care if you can hold twice my miltary on the same acres, you'll never be able to sustain it for long, and since your nw is much higher than mine with twice the military why should I care, I would not be a good target for you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    sure it is if we use land based gains and you can hold twice the military I have on the same numbers of acres then I can never retal and you win every time.

with nw as a metric I don't care if you can hold twice my miltary on the same acres, you'll never be able to sustain it for long, and since your nw is much higher than mine with twice the military why should I care, I would not be a good target for you anyway.
    The fallacy you're holding onto, is that without networth, the only thing that matters is the acres. There is zero incentive to pump a small number of acres when getting more acres is the better deal and easier thing to do.

Post Fiend

Thread Information