Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 day war

Regular
    Jesus. That went nasty.

Calm down, both of you. I don't have a horse in this race (full disclosure, I won absolutely nothing in Aintree today and I'm very disappointed. I normally get something by sheer luck) but there are two very important points that I'm sure you both know well but aren't seeing because the red mist has descended;

1) Nobody respects a public forum fight. Nobody wins a public forum fight. Emotions run high and things get said that nobody benefits from. All that comes from it is drama, distraction and attrition, and both kingdoms end up looking like children fighting in the playground.
    2) Nobody benefits from a grudge. It's a never-ending escalation of he said-she said that just gets worse and worse. You'll both end up just trying to out-stubborn the other. People who aren't as dedicated to the grudge will get bored, tired or angry, and they'll leave. That doesn't benefit either kingdom.

War is a simple construct in Utopia: Fight until someone doesn't want to fight anymore (because MP isn't really a thing anymore). Settle your arguments from the War Room, not the forums. Be civil to each other. You're both adults, please act like it in everything you do. Even in a silly online text game. I promise that the alternative only brings misery.

Good luck to both of you and your kingdoms.
    Last edited by Calya; 15-04-2018 at 02:30. Reason: Words are difficult
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Director of Age Changes
    Who are these ghettos?
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You really want to hang your reputation on
    "We were winning so hard that we stopped playing!"

Good Lord people

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

Good Lord people
    I don't think I've seen that angle on the forum before. I'm perplexed.

Yeah calamity calm down. Not my fault that you guys run out of steam. Don't poke someone you don't have the balls to fight tk the death.

Lots of guys from your side are solid, pity you are such a jerk.

Its the interweb. Who is not a jerk 24/7?

Ahh, Calamity don't rage quit. Join me...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

Good Lord people
    We had a kingdom try that with us last age. They were ahead on acres for a bit while we chained down and massacred their DEs. About a week into the war, I message their monarch to see if they were ready to WD soon (we we massively ahead of them at this point in NW, land, military, ect)

his reply?

Nah, there's only a few weeks left in the age (2-3 at that point) and they had already won the war (news to us!) and since we ruined their age (massacres on their mystics), they were going to stick it out, but we were free to withdraw at any point..

a few days later, After they failed a major push to break one of our rogues that had gone UB (lots of NM and NS, most of which failed) they withdrew. I am still not 100% sure if they had really given up, or if he was trying to play me so we'd withdraw just to end the war.

Moral: Most warring kingdoms won't withdraw from a war they have won, and won't give up just because they've won. You give up when it's obvious you've lost.
    Last edited by LuckySports; 15-04-2018 at 21:56. Reason: Moral, not Morale..

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I don't think I've seen that angle on the forum before. I'm perplexed.
    Advanced manoeuvre, wouldn't expect you to get it.

Calamity's KD withdrew.

We warred the way we did for the past 25 wins in a row. It was a lot of fun trying for the 50% but definitely tough in the beginning with an inactive 21vs 24. Was also pretty amused by their monarch calling us ghetto trash and educating us about the warring tier when we won it back to back previously =p.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Advanced manoeuvre, wouldn't expect you to get it.
    Oh snap

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    Jesus. That went nasty.

Calm down, both of you. I don't have a horse in this race (full disclosure, I won absolutely nothing in Aintree today and I'm very disappointed. I normally get something by sheer luck) but there are two very important points that I'm sure you both know well but aren't seeing because the red mist has descended;

1) Nobody respects a public forum fight. Nobody wins a public forum fight. Emotions run high and things get said that nobody benefits from. All that comes from it is drama, distraction and attrition, and both kingdoms end up looking like children fighting in the playground.
    2) Nobody benefits from a grudge. It's a never-ending escalation of he said-she said that just gets worse and worse. You'll both end up just trying to out-stubborn the other. People who aren't as dedicated to the grudge will get bored, tired or angry, and they'll leave. That doesn't benefit either kingdom.

War is a simple construct in Utopia: Fight until someone doesn't want to fight anymore (because MP isn't really a thing anymore). Settle your arguments from the War Room, not the forums. Be civil to each other. You're both adults, please act like it in everything you do. Even in a silly online text game. I promise that the alternative only brings misery.

Good luck to both of you and your kingdoms.
    Well said.

Regular
    =P You call that a long war?

This was a long war!

** Kingdom news report **
    For the time from May 1 of YR4 till July 17 of YR10 - 1073 hours
    [ http://home-world.org/utopia/formatter/ - Seraphim online formatter ]

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 1,009 (29,011 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 674 (25,727 acres)
    -- Ambush: 43 (1,421 acres)
    -- Conquest: 38 (1,863 acres)
    -- Raze: 73 (0 acres)
    -- Massacre: 136 (230,984 population)
    -- Abduct: 17
    -- Failed: 28 (2.8% failure)
    -- Uniques: 438
    Total attacks suffered: 851 (21,463 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 655 (20,528 acres)
    -- Ambush: 44 (935 acres)
    -- Raze: 52 (0 acres)
    -- Massacre: 35 (7,224 population)
    -- Plunder: 19
    -- Abduct: 7
    -- Failed: 39 (4.6% failure)
    -- Uniques: 364

** The kingdom of 4:12 **

(super Ghetto, we were 5 Faeries+1 dark elf (who reset as a warrior) + an avian tactician who sucked up all our aid, then intra-KD attacked us in the middle of the war before defecting to the other side vs. 14 provinces). But, if we're just talking about pure length of war =P 44.5 days here!

And yes, we had to win like so:

July 17 of YR10 The Lords of Utopia have forced Building Provs - One at a time (X:XX) to withdraw from war to spare further suffering. Our people rejoice at this victory!

And we have proven Palem's theory true once again, the side with more faeries always wins, even if all you have are 5 faeries fighting 2 v. 1., and getting betrayed by your own attackers.

That's not a knife

Thread Information