Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 76 Proposed Changes Feedback

Is QF gone? I have not seen it.

Post Fiend
    Lets break this down a bit..

Avian - Despite the nerf to elites, overall they are buffed once you consider the other elite changes. Their attack time will make them a favorite if the war attack speed changes stick (I really hope not), but even without, they are definitely one of the stronger races for attacking, especially with the low-nw elites they have.

Bocan - A complete waste of a race. Their spec-to-thief bonus suggest an A/T Hybrid to fully utilize them, but their actual stats suggest T/M with a heavy focus on thief ops. They aren't really a better option vs any of the other T/M races, so they need a serious buff. I recommend giving them some more attacking power so they lean more towards A/T hybrid, allowing them to fully utilize their bonuses.

Dark Elf - A runner for the strongest attacker. With their Elites having 8 defense, and ospecs running 8 offense, they will be able to field a more powerful army for their networth than any other attacker, and with gains going to soley NW based gains, that will make them incredibly powerful. Elite conversions will also allow them to keep their defense up with their acres as they grow in war. Potentially makes them a very powerful attacker, especially combined with warrior.

Dryad - The HUGE nerf to their offense, without buffing their attack speed will lead them to be heavily under utilized. They are no longer the offensive power-houses they have been, and they are too slow to compete with other attackers. They will still be able to manage higher offense levels than other races, but the margin has shrunk considerably. With the nerf to attack times in war, I see Dryad losing a lot of steam this round unless they get some love. Either up their offense again, or buff their attack times. 16 hours to get chained while waiting for acres to come in will be rough enough, I don't think a casual attacker could survive 18+ hours of getting chained without relief.

Dwarf - Buffed their BE back to 20%, but dropped Elites to 7/4. Still a fairly flexible well-rounded race, capable of Hybrid or attacker. I would like to see Elites pumped back up to 7/5 to make them a bit more tanky, but unlike Bocan or Dryad, dwarves are still very capable.

Elf - Talk about a defensive power-house. Definitely the best defense-to-nw ratio of any race. I see a lot of Elves being UB this age, and they are still quite capable attackers with everyone else's offense nerfed, I think Elf might be a little overpowered. Dropping Elites to 6/5 to better accomodate the new offensive numbers would help balance them out a bit.

Faery - So other than adding +5 pop and dropping their offense a little bit, Faeries are relatively untouched this age. With everyone else's offense dropped, we will see a lot more Faeries going unbreakable either as soon as war starts, or shortly thereafter if not immediately dealt with. They only real threat will be Halflings, who can field a much greater TPA than Faeries, but any smart kingdom that wants to keep UB faeries, will destroy the halflings early in the war to prevent that. Their only real negative is that their elite offers a lot of NW, reducing their potential DPNW in comparison to an Elf. I don't think it will be enough to keep half the server that doesn't want to get hit, from running Faery or Elf.

Halfling - I need to run the numbers, but I suspect +10% pop will go a long way to counter the -10% BE, I would suggest a different negative effect, one that isn't already being partially countered by their bonuses (2.5-3.3 more PPA can give +10% BE easily enough) Other than that, these will definitely be the super-thieves this age. +50% TPA is crazy, put that on a rogue or a Heretic, and no one else can compete. Halflings will be capable of bringing down T/Ms this age, which might be necessary with the nerf to offense across the board.

Human - Buffed scientist spawn rate, buffed defense on elites, nerfed offense. You have basically swap with dwarves for the tanky attacker race. Should be interesting to see how many humans take up sage simply to be dragon-funders late game. They will certainly need the extra income to pay for elites.

Orc - With slower war attack times, Orc will be best capable of keeping up with Avians in war, not because they can attack as fast, but because +25% gains is CRAZY when everyone has been slowed down. You don't need to attack 10% faster if you can grab 25% more land with each hit. They are also definitely in the running for most powerful attacker, with their elites. I would recommend dropping gains to +15% and maybe reducing the military losses.

I forsee a lot of kingdoms running either a core of Avians or Orcs as attackers, depending on what their overall strategy is. I also anticipate seeing a lot of Dark Elf attackers tearing up the place with their OPNW (Offense Per NW) compared to other attackers.

Recommendations - Do NOT change war attack times, 12 hours works great for everyone. Casual and hardcore players.
    Nerf Elf offense to put them more in line as a T/M or a/M.
    Nerf Faery - Drop their elite defense by a point, leave their pop bonus to allow greater flexibility, then those that want to run higher defense, still can.
    Buff Bocan - As they stand, it makes no sense to run Bocan over a Halfling. I think a redesign as a more attacker-friendly race would help a lot. Buffing their offense would do a lot for that. Maybe +1 ospecs.
    Buff Dryad - Either buff their offense a bit more, so they stand out better against other attackers, or reduce their attack time a bit so they aren't as vulnerable to being chained to pieces.
    Reconsider Halflings - Their +10% pop and -10% BE are a bit counterintuitive, either drop the pop for another bonus (maybe give them the more effective banks from Bocans?) or drop the -BE for a different nerf (+10% defensive military casualties would be fitting)

Thats the changes as I see it. The personalities didn't seem to change much. I will say Undead needed a buff, I don't think its quite enough. I feel like -25% food consumption would make them more appealing without making them overpowered.

Edit: Paladin is fine, I did not see that they were changed to ALL military losses, not just defensive ones. That makes them quite a bit more powerful. I still see them as more suited to an A/m, as Undead runs better on heavy attackers, but they definitely moved up a few notches for power.
    Last edited by LuckySports; 19-04-2018 at 03:39.

Even though there is quite a few changes I disagree with, this are the two most outstanding ones for me.

1. Faery is way too buffed now. You have decreased the offense across the board for almost all elites, that is fine. But faery def gets boosted? Faery should be given slightly harsher penalties and not a boost in population like +5% population.

2. The most ridiculous change. No more reduced attack time in war? The meaning of war will be lost. There should be an increase in activity during war time and shouuld not remain stagnant throughout the age. Some strategies involves adding rax into your build to run 8h attack times -> this is good because it shows that for certain stratgies, activeness in the game PAYS off. It feels like with this change, you are discouraging activeness in the game. "Oh, i just need to login once or twice a day.... slowly.... my mind will forget about Utopia.... bye bye Utopia, *Quits*"

This shouldn't be the mentality you should be encouraging.

Enthusiast
    Just wait for the announcement "Since you have so much free time with long attack times go play Generals against your opponent in the war forum"

Post Fiend
    Most of the server relies on 12 hr attack times to keep with 24 hour schedule. 16 hour attack times will lose you most of the server. Before I call it the stupidest idea I've ever seen, I would really like to know the reasoning for 16 hour attack times.

Base attack time was always 16h. Don't exaggerate. With Godspeed/Tact you are back to 12h cycles like it used to be?
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

The changes to the attack times are a great idea, as it actually adds strategies. Now, raxs are actually important, everything else that reduces attack times are now something that people will actually look to use in their war strats. Having the base, reset for all instances at the point that it was already at, does not mean that you can't make your attack times closer to 12 hours. It just means that you may have to include raxs, and maybe go tact as a personality if it suits your play style need more.

Veteran
    "Last edited by Roxiator; Yesterday at 21:13."

Please use the change log so we know whether you have changed something we need to be concerned about or a typo. Does anyone know what got edited please?

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    "Last edited by Roxiator; Yesterday at 21:13."

Please use the change log so we know whether you have changed something we need to be concerned about or a typo. Does anyone know what got edited please?
    Probably this:
    'Networth - Wizard's and thieve's Networth will be increased from 4 to 6'
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Am I the only person that doesn't mind the changes to attack times in war? In my warring kd this age, every single of our 6 wars was decided in the first 24 hours by the attackers on each side. The changes to attack times means that T/Ms will have more of an impact besides being UB. As someone who has played T/M for pretty much all of my Utopia career, I look forward to a world where T/Ms have more of a chance to make an impact in wars.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Veteran
    Thank you Avenger

Post Fiend
    Of course you don't mind change in attack time because you're not an attacker. So yes, you look forward to an age where T/Ms are UB and attackers do 33% less damage in war. T/Ms don't need more of an impact, they already have a huge one.

I agree with attack times change...

It gives the T/Ms more of an impact before armies return and also allows people with REAL LIVES that cant sacrifice as much personal time a chance to compete in most Uto wars (Which would be ideal in trying to reach and keep new/returning players).

Organized KDs that choose speed will want to play Tacticians or choose Avian race and/or use Barracks in their build.

Good change to increase the dynamics of the game
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Post Fiend
    This is actually worse for people with real lives because it screws up an easily manageable 24 hour schedule. Now, you're forcing them into Avian/tac/Godspeed and severely limiting their choices to be able to war. People with RLs will probably drop to 1/day unless they go Avian or tac/Godspeed.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I agree with attack times change...

It gives the T/Ms more of an impact before armies return and also allows people with REAL LIVES that cant sacrifice as much personal time a chance to compete in most Uto wars (Which would be ideal in trying to reach and keep new/returning players).

Organized KDs that choose speed will want to play Tacticians or choose Avian race and/or use Barracks in their build.

Good change to increase the dynamics of the game
    I think you're missing the point of the arguments against the attack time change. It's not the total time that matters, but when that time occurs.

Think of it this way, your standard work day might be 9 to 5 right, 8 hours. Great. Do you prefer that? Or 7 hours total, but you need to show up to work from: 7am-8am, 11am-1pm, 3pm-4pm, 6pm-7pm, 10pm-11pm, then again from 3am-4am.

You sacrifice more actual personal time to compete in Uto wars if you have an inconsistent schedule. I.e. with 12 hour attack times, you can attack in the morning before work at 8am, then again in the evening after dinner at 8pm, day in day out. Nice and easy to manage around your schedule. With 16 hours, you start out at 8am, then have to attack again at midnight, then you need to take a break in the middle of the work day at 4pm. If you actually have to do work at 4pm and can't make it for the tick (and you dont get destroyed army home), then suddenly with your 5:30 pm attack time, you're now stuck waking up at 1:30 am, then you'll have problems the next day with your army returning at 9:30 am when you're at work as well.

Basically, you're forcing every attacker who does not have the ability to stop and play utopia at any time during the work day without fail to compete in wars, to play either Tact or Avian (we all know that you can't rely on buildings in war). Forcing players into only 1 race and 1 personality would have an even greater impact on the game (as well as players who couldn't wake up for an attack at 3am because of the 16 hour attack times, get destroyed army home, and leave the game demoralized.

Thread Information