Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 76 Proposed Changes Feedback

you said it probably cant even be done with 2 factors, which is completely false. I was just proving to you that it can be done with 1, and quite handily with 2, in fact. 20% rax on 75% BE and a base godspeed ritual gets you 11.8h attack time....

and as such; if rax burning wasnt a strategy before this change, but would become one now, that kinda seems like just one of potentially many new strategies... Yes some are lost, and we are almost all partial to these attack times, but its not the end of 'variety'.

I would be fine if they reduce the base attack time to go along with the change they have suggested as well, but i dont think its the end of the world otherwise. its just something else to consider

PS lol @pillz

Post Fiend
    I'm still waiting on why anyone wants to move it from 12. There are several why it's a huge mistake, but I have seen anyone come up with an actual reason to do it. Tell me what is so important that you need to mess up everyone's schedule and risk losing many players. At least half the server's attackers will play Avian, or they won't play. WHY?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    you said it probably cant even be done with 2 factors, which is completely false. I was just proving to you that it can be done with 1, and quite handily with 2, in fact. 20% rax on 75% BE and a base godspeed ritual gets you 11.8h attack time....

and as such; if rax burning wasnt a strategy before this change, but would become one now, that kinda seems like just one of potentially many new strategies... Yes some are lost, and we are almost all partial to these attack times, but its not the end of 'variety'.

I would be fine if they reduce the base attack time to go along with the change they have suggested as well, but i dont think its the end of the world otherwise. its just something else to consider

PS lol @pillz
    You're not getting it. You're not going to have 20% rax except for 1st attack of war.

edit: The reason why rax burning will become more important is that rax are more important. They are in fact, crucial to a non-Avian who needs to maintain 24 hr schedule. You take that and the next attack isn't late, it isn't sent.
    Last edited by Wilmington; 19-04-2018 at 19:40.

if it drops by a substantial amount from first incoming u can always use -h if you really want, or overbuild the rax in the first place. You guys just aren't willing to try to work with it at all.

edit: you could even choose dwarf and always have all the rax u want, on time too

Post Fiend
    Dwarf rax can be taken just as easily. SO 25% rax enough? Better make it 30% to cover incoming AND losses to T/Ms. WHY DO YOU WANT TO DO THAT?????

Personally, I couldn't care less. You could make them 48 hour attack times. I'm saying this is a huge mistake for the game and will cost many players.
    Last edited by Wilmington; 19-04-2018 at 19:53.

I dont, you seem to. Chasing 12h attack times at all costs probably would not be my solution

edit: also since u guys are claiming casual status, AS IF your attacking core is IN/OUT anyways
    Last edited by RattleHead; 19-04-2018 at 19:50.

If you really think that rax and ritual (wich is a kingdom choice, decay, and now give only 10%) can keep your attacks under 12hrs (from 16) you must be really optimistic or you have played A only on paper (with your math) and never in reality.
    Once you get chained and get the incoming land you'll tell me about that...
    Even if you don't get hit still with the incoming land just a blizzard can make you miss the 12hrs target.
    Of course if you start counting race (why don't pick avian directly then), -hrs, and maybe even pers you can do it easyly, but that's not the point the argoument started from.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    if it drops by a substantial amount from first incoming u can always use -h if you really want, or overbuild the rax in the first place. You guys just aren't willing to try to work with it at all.

edit: you could even choose dwarf and always have all the rax u want, on time too
    Instead of trying to rationalize how 16hr attack is sort of not total **** how about we look at it from a different perspective.

What are the advantages of 16hr base attack time compared to a 12hr base attack time in war? If you were given the choice of either one, which would you choose and why?

Other than change for the sake of change, I don't see an upside.

Ya u certainly wont keep 12h attack time once u get chained unless u have race and/or personality, as i said before changeling stated in seemingly absolute terms that you 'could not' reach 12h without being Avian, or combining at least 3 other factors and was pointing out that is not correct. I don't disagree it will have the effects you say, but I disagree that it is so catastrophic.

You can adjust the way you wave, so that everyone has a schedule something like 7AM, 11PM, 3PM, 7AM, but going out at different Uto-times, wow would this be variety? new strategies? from this strategy/variety destroying change? Or you could shoot for 12h attack times, but pick a race that has option to turtle, so if you get stuck sitting home you have defence? There are lots of options other than tears.

I see the argument for people's working days, but not everyone works the same hours in a day either? Some people work 8h, some work as many as 12-16h regularly (yes im sure ppl do work more but not in my KD at least :P) ... it goes both ways.

Both the arguments for it killing variety, and being less copacetic with the 'average' players working schedule are fundamentally flawed imo

edit: An upside potentially, people who like to play TM will probably feel they have a greater sway over the course of a War. The game has run on nothing but offence/attacks for so long, maybe give the TMs a time to shine? I dunno

Post Fiend
    Yes, I can adjust. So can most of the players responding here. That's not the point. The point is how it will affect the majority of the server. The majority of people need a stable 24 hour cycle. This wouldn't be catastrophic to you or me, but it would to much of the server. That still begs the question of why. Why do you want to take the chance of gutting the game? What benefit would come to increasing attack times in war by 1/3?

Believe it or not, this game needs 2/day to survive. Right now, everyone can do that unaided (except Dryad who would have to -1 on 1 attack). The more you stress that, the more players you lose. 33% is a huge stress.

How do you know the majority of people, including those outside your KD, need a stable 24h cycle? I have ppl in my KD who I figure could probably use the longer attack times more effectively at times. People have more than just 9AM-5PM jobs, some work twice that in a day, sometimes the time they work rotates, too ... 12h attack times doesn't always jive with that either, but people still manage to get by.

Gutting? I think you are just resistant to change, because I don't feel your arguments are real game-changers. Pestilence's 'argument' is the most legit to me... is it change for change, or can the devs please explain what benefit they seek to reap?

I will have to just agree to disagree with the others, I see their points but I don't think its 'gutting' the game of anything, its just inconvenient for them.

Regular
    I heard ppl were leaving, age after age, because they were bored.
    I heard new ppl tend to not stay because they tend to bore themselves.
    I tend to think if people turn to be bored, it's because unfortunatly , change after change, game turns to become boring.
    I would like to understand in what way slowing the game will make it less boring ?

Post Fiend
    Keep the attack time changes, but give us more options when it comes to adjusting +/- to attack time. We as players can then manage our own attacking/waking/working schedules.

Post Demon
    it almost sounds as if there is only one change following this thread, we adjusted to scientists and rituals, we can adjust to no reduction in base attack time too, feel a lot of other more important changes are being forgotten in this thread, mainly the reduction in off points for elites and raise in nw for elites for most races.

Post Fiend
    I know this because they are on one. They work about the same time every day. They sleep about the same time every day. They play Utopia about the same time every day. Drastically changing that will make those unable or unwilling to change their RL schedule to work in a daily schedule that isn't 24 hours long just quit the game

Thread Information