Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 148

Thread: Age 76 Proposed Changes Feedback

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    535

    Age 76 Proposed Changes Feedback

    You can find the proposed changes here: Click Here

    Please use this thread for feedback on the proposed changes!
    Last edited by DavidC; 20-04-2018 at 09:48.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

    Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

    Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

    Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

  2. #2
    Post Demon Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,758
    Elite off numbers have been nerfed. Ok.
    Attack Gains Formula - Land component of gains formula will be removed and revert to a Networth based gains formula only. - Good, very good.

    Dwarf is too weak. Buff elite to 7/5.

    Faery 3/9 elite and +5% population is overkill. Maybe 3/8 with bonus population or no population.

    Human elite could be 8/3.

    Heretic -thief loss needs to apply to successful ops too.

    Warrior military sci bonus or offense bonus could go down a bit, it was very strong this age.

    Undead is still unimpressive. Give them the '-50% food required' bonus it had on the test servers.

    Could very well just remove bocans if halflings are back.

    Sci could be linked to acres.
    As a starting point I suggest limiting scientist experience to 3+72+96=171 hours, and then nw=hours*(acres/400).
    Up for debate if acres/400 or less/more.

    Topfeed needs to be nerfed.

    Onslaught honor gains bonus swapped with Godspeed gains bonus, and keep Godspeed at -15% attack speed.

    Do not remove attack speed bonus from wars. Just keep the bonus (-10%) after 12h.

    My personal touch:
    New dragon: Onyx
    Suppresses target kingdom's ritual (no ritual bonuses while dragon is alive). Cost/hit points equal to Emerald, or somewhere between Ruby and Emerald.
    With the advent of overcasted rituals, it can be a tactical weapon to tackle those 130%+ Godspeeds.
    Onyx vs Onyx war would basically be the old war when we had stances and no rituals!
    Last edited by Avenger; 20-04-2018 at 10:32.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    20
    Halfling made a comeback w/ a nerf. I'd consider perhaps a -5% BE as opposed to -10%. That's pretty painful.

  4. #4
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    164
    Resilient is the only ritual to have a negative effect (-40% gains on attacks you make). Maybe reduce the -gains on incoming attacks for resilient and add another deterrent factor to make it attractive. Something like:

    Resilient -15% Gains on attacks into your Kingdom & -10% Honor loss from attacks & -15% Military Casualties on defense
    RS Metallic Symphony

  5. #5
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    418
    Definitely agree that topfeeding needs nerfed. Gains vs bigger provinces and gains vs bigger KDs are too high.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    567
    Nerfing offense while boosting defense and increasing attack times looks like a horrible idea to me. This way we'll get wars like we had the age with the 8/9 dwarf elite...

    This age we ran a high turtle strategy with Starcraft which worked out pretty well. Next age it would even be more easy to grow a wall of unbreakable provinces because attacking got nerfed so ridicullesly hard. With these changes I might as well run Elfs/fearies/halfling combo with rogues/heretics and mystics and skip out on attackers all the way. Just max out magic and defense and LL yourn way to victory....

    My suggestions:
    * Remove the change to attack times in war.
    * Either nerf offense or boost defense. Not both at the same time.

  7. #7
    Post Fiend sl0hnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    128
    ^^Thats what Avian is for, or Tact
    Heck change Avian to cant use stables only

    All changes are perfect.
    Dryad WH 3, no QF .. no longer a reason to play. Maybe 1 Pris sent per 4 troops

    Give all prov who's name starts with David +3% BE
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 18-04-2018 at 17:09.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

  8. #8
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Nerfing offense while boosting defense and increasing attack times looks like a horrible idea to me. This way we'll get wars like we had the age with the 8/9 dwarf elite...

    This age we ran a high turtle strategy with Starcraft which worked out pretty well. Next age it would even be more easy to grow a wall of unbreakable provinces because attacking got nerfed so ridicullesly hard. With these changes I might as well run Elfs/fearies/halfling combo with rogues/heretics and mystics and skip out on attackers all the way. Just max out magic and defense and LL yourn way to victory....

    My suggestions:
    * Remove the change to attack times in war.
    * Either nerf offense or boost defense. Not both at the same time.
    def didnt get that much of a boost though, look at the nw on the leets on all defnsive leets. for anyone not in the top 3-4 kds attackers will just have an insanely lower nw/acre than hybrids and pure t/ms relative off/def numbers compared to nw should remain the same.

    as for attack times, agree though. need to lower base attack time from 16 to 13 or something if they'll be no more war bonus. its WAY to hard to run a war if attack times for non avain or tacts vary much outside of 11-13 hours.

  9. #9
    Post Demon Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    def didnt get that much of a boost though, look at the nw on the leets on all defnsive leets. for anyone not in the top 3-4 kds attackers will just have an insanely lower nw/acre than hybrids and pure t/ms relative off/def numbers compared to nw should remain the same.

    as for attack times, agree though. need to lower base attack time from 16 to 13 or something if they'll be no more war bonus. its WAY to hard to run a war if attack times for non avain or tacts vary much outside of 11-13 hours.
    Yes. Also - probably not listed is that thief/wizard nw increased to 6. That's huge.
    War should feel faster than 'regular' gameplay. T/Ms get a 50% boost basically, the attack speed bonus can't simply go away.
    Last edited by Avenger; 18-04-2018 at 12:46.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor

  10. #10
    Enthusiast Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Elite off numbers have been nerfed. Ok.
    Attack Gains Formula - Land component of gains formula will be removed and revert to a Networth based gains formula only. - Good, very good.

    Dwarf is too weak. Buff elite to 7/5.

    Faery 3/9 elite and +5% population is overkill. Maybe 3/8 with bonus population or no population.

    Human elite could be 8/3.

    Heretic -thief loss needs to apply to successful ops too.

    Warrior military sci bonus could go down a bit, it was very strong this age.

    Undead is still unimpressive. Give them the '-50% food required' bonus it had on the test servers.

    Could very well just remove bocans if halflings are back.

    Sci should be linked to acres.
    As a starting point I suggest limiting scientist experience to 3+72+96=171 hours, and then nw=hours*(acres/400).
    Up for debate if acres/400 or less/more.

    Topfeed needs to be nerfed. This is a priority.

    Onslaught honor gains bonus swapped with Godspeed gains bonus, and keep Godspeed at -15% attack speed.

    Do not remove attack speed bonus from wars. Just keep the bonus (-10%) after 12h.

    My personal touch:
    New dragon: Onyx
    Suppresses target kingdom's ritual (no ritual bonuses while dragon is alive). Cost/hit points equal to Emerald, or somewhere between Ruby and Emerald.
    With the advent of overcasted rituals, it can be a tactical weapon to tackle those 130%+ Godspeeds.
    Onyx vs Onyx war would basically be the old war when we had stances and no rituals!
    I agree with most of your suggestions except a couple. The honor gains on Onslaught are the only reason to take it over Godspeed. If you give Godspeed -attack times and +honor gains, you have absolutely no reason to take Onslaught, EVER. That said, I do believe Godspeed should not have both -attack times and +gains.

    Sci should not be linked to acres. That was total cancer and everyone should be glad that it's gone. It opens the door for all kinds of abusive behavior, just as it did in the past.

    Other than that, I agree with pretty much the rest of your post. No need for Bocans (at least in their current state) if Halflings are going to be as strong as these proposed changes make it seem.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

  11. #11
    Strategy Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,038
    @ avenger yea. the relative power of attackers and t/m's should remain the same next age in all kds but "top" wars where your 100% acre limited. in those wars offense was an issue so the overal change is fine.

    Attack times though yea, no way to fix that especially when your talking a chained attacker on 0 acres, puting a kd to 16 hour attack times just means you horribly mess up time tables on everyone.


    As for whats "Strong/weak".

    Orc is a bit strong
    -given other relative attackers since +25 gains is pretty big and their offense is still decently high...i'd lower gains to 10% but trade it for no +ME deaths.

    Warrior is hard to get away from
    -just compounds off a little, i'd go back to warrior having +1 general and the ME science v any actual offense buff....or at least remove its 2 spells, it doesnt need the spells and flat bonus

    Feary seems pretty strong.
    - Im not sure its gonna take that much of a boost given off/def #'s buuut i'd still make it less of a "Wall."
    You cant easily lower their wall capability w/out making them just weak if you lower def to much. So i'd remove -10% econ and give them receives +30% (25-35 is fine) more theif/magic damage. Means if u want a "safe" t/m from attackers then u risk eating t/m ops to bring u down. seems pretty reasonable.

    Bocan seems weak
    With the reintroduction of halfer as the real supertheif AND the huge hit to the nw and cost of bocan leets they seem a tad off. i like the concept of specs->theives as a a/t but with a 6/0 offspec and a 4/7 leet they wont have any kinda of ability to attack and have a def if they run enough tpa to even ns. i'd push their leet to 5/7 so they can at least "risk" using a few to attack with.
    Last edited by Persain; 18-04-2018 at 13:28.

  12. #12
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    I agree with most of your suggestions except a couple. The honor gains on Onslaught are the only reason to take it over Godspeed. If you give Godspeed -attack times and +honor gains, you have absolutely no reason to take Onslaught, EVER. That said, I do believe Godspeed should not have both -attack times and +gains.

    Sci should not be linked to acres. That was total cancer and everyone should be glad that it's gone. It opens the door for all kinds of abusive behavior, just as it did in the past.

    Other than that, I agree with pretty much the rest of your post. No need for Bocans (at least in their current state) if Halflings are going to be as strong as these proposed changes make it seem.
    I thought he was talking about the NW of the Sci Guys being linked to acres. I could be wrong, but that is how I read it. So science effect wouldn't go up from it which was the abused part.

  13. #13
    Enthusiast Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    336
    Is anyone considering the implications of honor gains for attackers with attack times getting longer in war? Just seems like the new changes will make it even harder for attackers to get honor. Can we increase the honor gains on attacks and/or decrease the honor gains on ops?
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13
    Is there any way we can see how many troops we kill while defending ? It would be nice to see the differences whiles getting attacked / especially with Wrathful smite on.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18
    I may be interpreting the war attack time point incorrectly, as my interpretation doesn't match Walhalla has been posted here. I understood it as we would no longer be able to subtract time from attacks during war (using the +/- hours function).

    Removing the ability to subtract time is a bad idea. More casual players (or those that have spouses that would murder them if they got up in the middle of the night to make an attack) depend on that function to adjust their attack times, mostly at the start of a war, when the full war time reduction hasn't phased in.

    Of course, if it means we won't get a reduced base attack time in war anymore, that is also a bad idea. A 12hr base attack time just makes sense. It fits in naturally with many people's schedules and it makes return times easy to remember. Also, I have to agree with an above post that war should move at a faster pace than time spent out of war. Longer attack times means people won't feel the need to log in as often, which reduces engagement with other players and the game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •