Ya u certainly wont keep 12h attack time once u get chained unless u have race and/or personality, as i said before changeling stated in seemingly absolute terms that you 'could not' reach 12h without being Avian, or combining at least 3 other factors and was pointing out that is not correct. I don't disagree it will have the effects you say, but I disagree that it is so catastrophic.

You can adjust the way you wave, so that everyone has a schedule something like 7AM, 11PM, 3PM, 7AM, but going out at different Uto-times, wow would this be variety? new strategies? from this strategy/variety destroying change? Or you could shoot for 12h attack times, but pick a race that has option to turtle, so if you get stuck sitting home you have defence? There are lots of options other than tears.

I see the argument for people's working days, but not everyone works the same hours in a day either? Some people work 8h, some work as many as 12-16h regularly (yes im sure ppl do work more but not in my KD at least :P) ... it goes both ways.

Both the arguments for it killing variety, and being less copacetic with the 'average' players working schedule are fundamentally flawed imo

edit: An upside potentially, people who like to play TM will probably feel they have a greater sway over the course of a War. The game has run on nothing but offence/attacks for so long, maybe give the TMs a time to shine? I dunno