Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 76 Proposed Changes Feedback

Enthusiast
    - Multi-Attack Protection (MAP) - Will no longer increase from failed attacks
    I am against this. This will allow people to do the bounce kill. Maybe 0 for the first bounce, but if there is more than once bounce then normal rules apply, akin to say being on guard of attacks.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Enthusiast
    - Attacks - Intra-Island attacks will no longer have reduced attack times
    - War - Attack time reduction from War will be removed
    Removal of attack time modifiers has a implications of what is the base attack time will be? Then also how does that affect Barracks? *im assuming the barracks rate will change in relation to all of this*
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brezenski View Post
    Paladin is very versatile, and paired well with Dryad and Avian for me (over the past two ages). It pairs nicely with someone looking to run A/M IMO.
    I'm talking more about full KD balance, not just a lone province in a ghetto.

Hextors post covers my thoughts pretty much.

As. For Persian saying war will be impossible to run I think that's the intention. Remove the ability to play in a properly 'organized' fashion, to enforce a more 'casual' game play from now on

Regular
    Yea, removing the 12 hour attack times in war is very in the wrong direction - it'll kill off the game for most casual players (basically anyone who doesn't care enough to get up at 3 am to make an attack - which is almost everyone). That's introducing a very big problem into the game, to solve a very very very small problem (the slight 10% boost declaring kd's get for one wave when starting a war). I wouldn't even call the first wave boost to be that much of problem really? If it's an arranged war, both sides get it - no problems. If it's a declared war, that's probably in response to a hostile wave - in which case it's usually someone waving down, and any benefits given to the declaring party would tend to encourage more wars.

If the opening wave bonuses was a concern, I'd just make it a 12 hour base, in and out of war (the slow phase in makes getting a good wave rhythm going difficult too). Then adjust the Avian bonus down, such that Avian + 10-15% rax would give 8 hour attack times (or Avian Tacts get it naturally)

I thought that after last age changes it could only get better but clearly I was wrong.
    I really don't understand why you keep making thing easier for T/M and harder for A, can someone please explain me the logic in this?
    In almost every kingdom t/m end ups with 2-3 honor rank more than A, with more nw and land.
    It may be easier to play as A than to do it as T/M but even so, a noob who listen some advice (if not orders) will be able to end better as a T/M than a good player going as an A.
    More so in a warring kd the better an A play the more he will be targeted by the enemy.
    I may understand the need to increase the ops power in war so that it won't be just a fight of activity but also tactis...
    But sure enought what you are doing is not that.

Forum Addict
    Don't change attack time in war
    12 hours is fine for casual players and any weird return time means Utopia can't fit in with life. At that point casuals get hammered and quit or the kingdom wants them to leave. We're all getting older. We have jobs and alarms don't appeal.
    Rax isn't the answer, acre trading sees to that.

16h isnt that terrible

if u start at 7 AM with first hits your cycle goes 7AM, 11PM, 3PM, and back to 7AM, for example. obviously not everyone can take off at the same Uto-times etc... i dont think attack time change is so 'bad' just a big adjustment. You can use XXXX/Tact with X% rax or Avian/XXXX if you really need 12 attack times to make your life work...

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    16h isnt that terrible

if u start at 7 AM with first hits your cycle goes 7AM, 11PM, 3PM, and back to 7AM, for example. obviously not everyone can take off at the same Uto-times etc... i dont think attack time change is so 'bad' just a big adjustment. You can use XXXX/Tact with X% rax or Avian/XXXX if you really need 12 attack times to make your life work...
    i have usa, eu, and aussie as my main core. there are VERY few times they can all line up, and a 16 hour rotations means 1 of them always ends up with 2-3 am hits every day.

well maybe u gotta spread them out? i have the exact same issue mate

Post Fiend
    I'm feeling like theres a lack of Thief hybrid to choose. Like Dwarf was the choice before, because of that raw BE bonus, but in comparison to Elf and Dark Elf, their defense seems to lack a little and they dont get the same kinds of bonuses either of them get. Perhaps Bocan could be given a buff or a changed focus to include equivalent offense to Elf, DE, Dwarf, and Human, with a bonus to Thief Efficiency. So, like the Elf -> DE mirror for the hybrid mage, the Bocans being a Thief hybrid mirror for Halflings. Or the other way around.

How about sending dragons with less then 100% of the gold paid similar to rituals paying 50% gets you 50% of the effects - maybe if you pay more then 100% the stronger the dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    I'm feeling like theres a lack of Thief hybrid to choose. Like Dwarf was the choice before, because of that raw BE bonus, but in comparison to Elf and Dark Elf, their defense seems to lack a little and they dont get the same kinds of bonuses either of them get. Perhaps Bocan could be given a buff or a changed focus to include equivalent offense to Elf, DE, Dwarf, and Human, with a bonus to Thief Efficiency. So, like the Elf -> DE mirror for the hybrid mage, the Bocans being a Thief hybrid mirror for Halflings. Or the other way around.
    I think it's what they are trying to do:
    Elf give bonus to wpa, DE to spell dmg for the mage.
    Halfling give bonus to tpa, Bocan to sabotage dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    16h isnt that terrible

Same issue as Persain. Our best wave times will result in many of us having to make attacks around 2am every other day. It's just not going to work. Why should I be forced to run Avian or Tactician to be able to have a reasonable attack time? I don't want to play either of those.

One change I'm highly in favor of, though, is the ability to appoint 2 Stewards. Our kingdom is run by council, so being able to have three of us with access to most monarch options would be a tremendous boon. We could then guarantee 24/7 leadership availability.

Regular
    Fairies are small and sweet. Why make them so strong? Giving them + pop and nerfing off power while keeping them /9 is overkill.

How about this.. instead of making fairies strong why not make them dynamic? Drop elite defense to /7 and give them +10% pop(think fairy, small, more room). This way there is more room to do more things. More room for higher wpa or tpa or if you want to go the defensive route you still are able to. It will make the race a lot more dynamic and fun imo.

Oh and please don't nerf attack times in war :)

Thread Information