Thread: Age 76 Proposed Changes Feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran
    Nerfing offense while boosting defense and increasing attack times looks like a horrible idea to me. This way we'll get wars like we had the age with the 8/9 dwarf elite...

This age we ran a high turtle strategy with Starcraft which worked out pretty well. Next age it would even be more easy to grow a wall of unbreakable provinces because attacking got nerfed so ridicullesly hard. With these changes I might as well run Elfs/fearies/halfling combo with rogues/heretics and mystics and skip out on attackers all the way. Just max out magic and defense and LL yourn way to victory....

My suggestions:
    * Remove the change to attack times in war.
    * Either nerf offense or boost defense. Not both at the same time.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Nerfing offense while boosting defense and increasing attack times looks like a horrible idea to me. This way we'll get wars like we had the age with the 8/9 dwarf elite...

This age we ran a high turtle strategy with Starcraft which worked out pretty well. Next age it would even be more easy to grow a wall of unbreakable provinces because attacking got nerfed so ridicullesly hard. With these changes I might as well run Elfs/fearies/halfling combo with rogues/heretics and mystics and skip out on attackers all the way. Just max out magic and defense and LL yourn way to victory....

My suggestions:
    * Remove the change to attack times in war.
    * Either nerf offense or boost defense. Not both at the same time.
    def didnt get that much of a boost though, look at the nw on the leets on all defnsive leets. for anyone not in the top 3-4 kds attackers will just have an insanely lower nw/acre than hybrids and pure t/ms relative off/def numbers compared to nw should remain the same.

as for attack times, agree though. need to lower base attack time from 16 to 13 or something if they'll be no more war bonus. its WAY to hard to run a war if attack times for non avain or tacts vary much outside of 11-13 hours.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    def didnt get that much of a boost though, look at the nw on the leets on all defnsive leets. for anyone not in the top 3-4 kds attackers will just have an insanely lower nw/acre than hybrids and pure t/ms relative off/def numbers compared to nw should remain the same.

as for attack times, agree though. need to lower base attack time from 16 to 13 or something if they'll be no more war bonus. its WAY to hard to run a war if attack times for non avain or tacts vary much outside of 11-13 hours.
    Yes. Also - probably not listed is that thief/wizard nw increased to 6. That's huge.
    War should feel faster than 'regular' gameplay. T/Ms get a 50% boost basically, the attack speed bonus can't simply go away.
    Last edited by Avenger; 18-04-2018 at 12:46.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Is anyone considering the implications of honor gains for attackers with attack times getting longer in war? Just seems like the new changes will make it even harder for attackers to get honor. Can we increase the honor gains on attacks and/or decrease the honor gains on ops?
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Thread Information