Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age 76 Power Rankings

Enthusiast
    DE cant run no elites.
    As below dont see horses.
    Last edited by tiggis; 23-04-2018 at 01:25.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post

And here is a ink to a publicly editable version of the sheet that made this. If you are modifying it significantly, please make a copy (although I've got my private copy anyway). If you catch me in further errors - point, laugh, and then maybe fix and post an update. (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Thanks Ethan. It's very kind of you to post this.

I have a question - what do the red versus green cells mean? ie if a call is red, should I be concerned?

Also, I noticed that the % max column (U) seems to always divide by row 39, but row 39 is not always the highest MPNW figure. I am not particularly good on excel though so I may be wrong about what is going on and if I am right about the issue then I don't know how to fix it.

Post Fiend
    Thanx Ethan!

BTW it doesn't include horses, right? I couldn't find them in file.
    #Plaidovia

Post Demon
    Relating to the red and green - there is conditional formatting to changes the color from green to red if something is no longer sorted correctly. You can resort by selecting the whole range, going to data/sort range, and then sorting by MPNW or Max%. It mostly doesn't matter in the lower section, except as you noted it aways divides by cell 39, so if you don't have it sorted you can get values above 100%. (This isn't bad, if you wanted to say, set orc as the base case, some things will be above it and so should be over 100%.) I have to admit, I don't know why to top cell is red even when it is sorted correctly - something funny in the conditional formatting. Since I haven't a clue how you even *do* conditional formatting in google (it is left over from when it was in excel) I can't fix that either.

Yes, horses are excluded. Mostly because the amount of land available for them varies from race to race. It isn't exactly easy to get the built in correctly, where the land subtracts from the TGS (or homes?), but it shouldn't be impossible. We'd probably have to pull a dodge to get around a circular reference though, so it isn't easy either.

And DE can't run 0 elites, true. But whatever % elites you end up at, you can use a linear interpolation and it should be almost perfect.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Veteran
    Thank you

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Relating to the red and green - there is conditional formatting to changes the color from green to red if something is no longer sorted correctly. You can resort by selecting the whole range, going to data/sort range, and then sorting by MPNW or Max%. It mostly doesn't matter in the lower section, except as you noted it aways divides by cell 39, so if you don't have it sorted you can get values above 100%. (This isn't bad, if you wanted to say, set orc as the base case, some things will be above it and so should be over 100%.) I have to admit, I don't know why to top cell is red even when it is sorted correctly - something funny in the conditional formatting. Since I haven't a clue how you even *do* conditional formatting in google (it is left over from when it was in excel) I can't fix that either.

Yes, horses are excluded. Mostly because the amount of land available for them varies from race to race. It isn't exactly easy to get the built in correctly, where the land subtracts from the TGS (or homes?), but it shouldn't be impossible. We'd probably have to pull a dodge to get around a circular reference though, so it isn't easy either.

And DE can't run 0 elites, true. But whatever % elites you end up at, you can use a linear interpolation and it should be almost perfect.
    Sorry to beat a dead horse (see what I did there?)

Woudnt the exclusion of horses unfairly lean the findings torward Avian? Anyway to account for say 1 point per offense in the final adjustments?
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    Sorry to beat a dead horse (see what I did there?)

Woudnt the exclusion of horses unfairly lean the findings torward Avian? Anyway to account for say 1 point per offense in the final adjustments?
    Yes and it also affects other races. As it gives large bonus to Halfers, but smaller to let's say Dryad/ork
    #Plaidovia

Postaholic
    And a different look:

Low TPA/WPA (low dpa for nw chart)

High TPA (high dpa for nw chart)

High WPA (high dpa for nw chart)

Guess gives some inclination above pure hitting...
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    And a different look:

Low TPA/WPA (low dpa for nw chart)

High TPA (high dpa for nw chart)

High WPA (high dpa for nw chart)

Guess gives some inclination above pure hitting...
    I wish i could see the pics :( Imgr is blocked for me for some reason (not just on your post - everyone's).

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I wish i could see the pics :( Imgr is blocked for me for some reason (not just on your post - everyone's).
    Well, hit me up on discord and I can send em to you. Also, I sent the sheet that made the graphs to Crystopher, so it's included in the Province management sheet that he keeps updated. Can make your own graphs there :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Here comes some more image spam! I know I am late to the party, but I don't want to get rusty :P

TM Rankings

Attackers

MP+NW

Gains/Losses

Sustainability

Economy

Totals

Last edited by RattleHead; 25-04-2018 at 01:49. Reason: NW fixed

dammit i botched the NW entirely ... brb .... ok got it
    Last edited by RattleHead; 25-04-2018 at 01:49.

Veteran
    Thanks Tadpole! Will do

@RattleHead - thanks, I've been looking forward to this. Need some time to get a chance to go through it properly once I get over the fact that my hypothetical attacker pick comes out way lower than I think it should on your chart (although partly it is due to spells not being included) ;)

Small point as I noticed it - Bocan bank bonus was removed (you still have the note on your chart about it - although I don't think (?) you are including it in the calculations).

Yes thats correct, the note is just legacy, income for bocan is 1.0000

Ya with spells the Birds(making assumptions on your pick :P) would fly up the ranks I imagine... I also have some prisoners in this time which I don't always do, helping Dryad out a bit there I think.

For example, with BL+Fanat on Avian (no spells for others, or any other changes at all) and Avian moves to 98.7% on total agg (their OPA looks more like Elf, or Halfling, but with considerable NW advantage)
    Last edited by RattleHead; 25-04-2018 at 15:35.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post

Ya with spells the Birds(making assumptions on your pick :P) would fly up the ranks I imagine... I also have some prisoners in this time which I don't always do, helping Dryad out a bit there I think.

For example, with BL+Fanat on Avian (no spells for others, or any other changes at all) and Avian moves to 98.7% on total agg
    Correct assumption :) Hah I thought so - that's more like it! ;)

Thread Information