Thread: TMs Science

TMs Science

Greetings.

First I would like to point out that this suggestion is more of an idea that I wish be implemented and that im sure there are other players/devs who can think of a better more balanced way of solving a problem which I do feel is there.

The "problem"

As of now the only real way a TM can aquire science at any pace is through revelation and labs.

Attackers however can have revelation on them, build labs and more effectively abduct.
    Now last age I had no problem doing 2 quads a day for a total of anywhere between 10-50 scientists depending on at what stage of the age it was or the quality of my target. A TM has no real way of keeping up with that.

Suggestion:

Now I wouldnt mind a thief or mage op that could "steal" or "kidnap" scientists.

This could obviously very quickly be abused so it would have to be well designed. An initial suggestion however would be:

Thief op. Named "Kidnap scientist" moderate to hard difficulty.

Costs double stealth. This means that you trade off 2 potential other ops for this. You could even go triple stealth here. Just a way of limiting the amount of scientists one tm could take.

Only available during unfriendly status. (This means what it says. It can not be used in war nor at peace) There are several positives and negatives to this, but I kinda like the thought of it not being too powerful but still worth doing.

Effect: Steals a portion of scientists based on the logical criterias involved.
    Maybe limit it to a max of 2-3 scientists though.

Now im sure you are all thinking, omigawd I would steal sooo many scis with this as a tm. And yes maybe you would. But an attacker could always just abduct them back. And I do feel that being stolen scientist from hurts a tm soo much more than it does an attacker who can quickly replenish them.

What do you think. At all viable ? Any ideas on how to balance this properly if it is ?

Post Fiend
    No attacker personality has Revelation, and the TM bonuses to science efficiency the TM perses have are larger than sci bonuses for attackers. However, it is true that currently if you want loads of science, then you should probably play an avian sage or something like that, because you can just army in army out on abducts at getting scientist much faster than scis will spawn. Then add the sage bonus of sci protection plus a splash of Unis and you'll probably bring in a lot more than is taken from you... Barracks for attackers is probably better than labs. I think for the last few ages Abducts have become perhaps a little too powerful, but i'm not sure creating a loop where more scientists will be in flux or just moving between provinces with the addition of a TM op is the answer. Perhaps its just the way gains for abducts is calculated that makes it unbalanced.

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Well attackers pers doesnt have it directly. But im sure you understood that since they often get revelation casted upon them by their kds tms they indirectly have it :P
    TMs cant have attackers abduct them scientists however :P
    And out of war I may see how labs might be slightly more dmg for the build of an attacker vs the build of a TM. but thats not by a ton :P

And yes, it seems unbalanced to me as a TM has a MUCH harder way to sci.

Post Fiend
    This gives Hybrids a huge advantage, being able to abduct and steal scientists. Unfortunately, there is probably no way you could design a thief op to steal scientists that would be fair and balanced. The best thing the devs could do is redesign science again where you steal research notes, allowing scientists to level up faster.

Strategy Moderator
    have your kd wave for science...once u "secure" a cf via an offer have your t/m's suicide abduct then accept cf :D

Thread Information