Thread: Conquest

Conquest

Little thought experiment here, and some other questions... As far as I know there isn't really a lot of literature about conquest, other than;

Base gains are 6.8% land for a full hit, gains are decreased in proportion to the relative offense sent vs. targets defence.
    Would it be safe to assume that the following, from Traditional March, also applies?

... gains are capped at 20% of your or your opponent's land, whichever is smaller.
    If so; given the right circumstances, would it be possible if I had a target so large that 12% gains from a Trad march would be equal to 2x my hard gains cap of 20%(So base gains would be 40% of my acres, if the cap did not exist), that I could send minimum to break for a Conquest, and still hit or come close my hard gains cap of 20%?

And a side question, if you send 51% relative to target def, can random factor still bounce you entirely?

Veteran
    I think your question is basically asking what order the cap is applied - ie is it capping the normal gains then applying a conquest mod, or applying a conquest mod and then applying the cap if applicable. I imagine it is the latter but just guessing. I think it would be fair to assume that there is still a cap, yes.

Not sure about random factor.

And btw I am not sure if that 6.8% is the right figure.

Wasn't there an age with lots of conquesting not long ago? 72 or 73 maybe? I recall discussions about cq max gains then

Hmmm Emeriti's Orc WH Age perhaps? rings a bell...

Hmm I see CQ gains were buffed last Age actually, I hadn't noticed, maybe this is what caused the gains that got me thinking about this
    Last edited by RattleHead; 28-04-2018 at 13:17.

I think it was Ovenmitt raving about cq min gains

Thread Information