Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decrease province limit per kingdom to 15

Post Fiend
    because of the number of kingdoms that have 20+ players and have all been playing together for ages. If you break up a bunch of long-standing kingdoms, you'll see a bunch of people leave. You would see a slight increase in the number of kingdoms, and a large decrease in the number of people playing. It's not the first time it's been suggested, and the answer is always the same. People are just tired of repeating themselves.

Forum Fanatic
    And making more kingdoms doesnt mean people who can run them magically appear. Bad monarchs run off alot of new players.At worst i could see going to 22 but not any lower.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
    because of the number of kingdoms that have 20+ players and have all been playing together for ages. If you break up a bunch of long-standing kingdoms, you'll see a bunch of people leave. You would see a slight increase in the number of kingdoms, and a large decrease in the number of people playing. It's not the first time it's been suggested, and the answer is always the same. People are just tired of repeating themselves.
    That is still a speculative statement. Been repeated many times yes, never been tested out.

Not many KDs have a 25 full core. Lot of them have around 15 players core with 10ish attackers chilling around and just following orders. I do not think this would end in such a disaster like you trying to make it look. Maybe few players would leave.. but that's happening every age anyway

Forum Fanatic
    His statement is no more speculative that yours is. Game has been maintaining numbers for awhile now . If you can’t get to 20 provinces your not trying to .His speculation if correct kills the game if this was implemented. Your speculation that it wouldn’t is risky .
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 13-05-2018 at 13:19.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

AGE 65 ... Mechanic Changes

Kingdom and Islands
    Kingdoms will fill to 22 players, rather than 20

It has not always been 22!
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Wtf are you on about? Nobody in this thread has brought up province allocation. This is about kd size limits.

And thunder is correct. 25 is the best size. Way to fix the game is to bring players in, not split kingdoms up to compensate for the low numbers. It won't work and it'll hurt the game in the long run.

I'm on the fence about province sizes anymore. it is true that the best solution is to bring more players in, but the next best thing is to lower max kingdom sizes one province per age until we're at a max of 20 to 21 provinces per kingdom.
    #magi

WTF r u trolling about?
    LuckySpot: because of the number of kingdoms that have 20+ players and have all been playing together for ages.
    clamity: The point of the post was to increase the # of kingdoms.
    DonJuan: 20 player max kds would fix all
    Botboy: Not many KDs have a 25 full core. Lot of them have around 15 players core

If the number of provs in a KD is decreased the number of "allocations" will decrease. Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.
    It won't hurt the game.
    Very few KDs have the same 22 ppl age after age, much less 25.
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 15-05-2018 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    WTF r u trolling about?
    LuckySpot: because of the number of kingdoms that have 20+ players and have all been playing together for ages.
    clamity: The point of the post was to increase the # of kingdoms.
    DonJuan: 20 player max kds would fix all
    Botboy: Not many KDs have a 25 full core. Lot of them have around 15 players core

If the number of provs in a KD is decreased the number of "allocations" will decrease. Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.
    It won't hurt the game.
    Very few KDs have the same 22 ppl age after age, much less 25.
    Again, you're spewing nonsense unrelated to anything discussed in the thread. You haven't even made a point on topic yet.

I fail to see what having the same 22 or 25 or 7 or 3 players every age has to do with anything. Invites & the recruitment system exist for a reason, as to EoA reservations. Province allocation refers to the games mechanism for placing new provinces within kingdoms across the server. It won't give kingdoms with over 22 players new provinces. Previously, as you mysteriously saw fit to point out, that number was 20.

Smaller kingdom sizes have a lot of repercussions. You're going to (hypothetically for the sake of this argument) have more 'full' kingdoms at 15 (again hypothetically) that are active than you currently have 25 province kingdoms. But a lot of left overs from 15-25 player kingdoms are going to end up drift wood, and quit or end up in deadend kingdoms without leadership. Your '15' player core kingdoms will still suck balls compared to the kingdoms they face, and enjoy the game less. For a game that was designed to rely on socialization and teamwork, it seems convert productive to minimize that component just because some people find it too hard to make friends and find players.

A lack of leaders, the splintering of kingdoms, the 'leveling' of the kd-size player field, and the deviation from the game's original design all make the idea a bad one.

The title of this thread is: Decrease province limit per kingdom to 15
    Again you spew non existent logic with the only goal to harass me.

I am 100% on topic, as I already posted 15 members is too small. 20 is very doable even using an example from the wiki.
    Smaller KDs would lead to more KDs

You merely give bad opinions.

Khronoss is spot on with his post.

TunderTA: I am sure fewer provs in EVERY KD would lead to more KDs. It would be swell tp have 150 KDs instead of 130.
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 21-05-2018 at 02:51.

Forum Fanatic
    Yet it seems your current monarch or you if your the monarch cant recruit people to play in the kd now when there are people looking for kds .Making the number of people in kds smaller isnt going to make them want to play there either.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Botboy View Post
    That is still a speculative statement. Been repeated many times yes, never been tested out.
    Because it can't be "tested out".
    You either implement it or you don't, and if the implementation is a disaster and tons of people leave then that damage is already done, and most likely irreversibly so.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    What I'd suggest is a gradual decrease, say 24 next age, in KD player #s until satisfactory supply/demand of players is achieved.

Coming back to the game briefly, it seems almost every KD has problems maintaining 25, a vestige from previous ages that hasn't adjusted to the current base. While it's true that decreasing to 15 immediately would cause some of the player base to leave, it's also true that that there many ~20 player KDs who have been together for a long time and thus don't shuffle around. The recruitment pool is drying up as players stick with their long standing teammates. Players also leave at the end of the age. In that sense, a decrease to 24, 23, 22, etc. as needed would not impact KDs as the concerns above have outlined.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    What I'd suggest is a gradual decrease, say 24 next age, in KD player #s until satisfactory supply/demand of players is achieved.

Coming back to the game briefly, it seems almost every KD has problems maintaining 25, a vestige from previous ages that hasn't adjusted to the current base. While it's true that decreasing to 15 immediately would cause some of the player base to leave, it's also true that that there many ~20 player KDs who have been together for a long time and thus don't shuffle around. The recruitment pool is drying up as players stick with their long standing teammates. Players also leave at the end of the age. In that sense, a decrease to 24, 23, 22, etc. as needed would not impact KDs as the concerns above have outlined.
    Some kingdoms stays smaller intentionally as well.

Thread Information