Thread: Starting Acres

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Starting Acres

A couple questions and/or a suggestion, I guess.

Why is it 400 acres? Could it be 800, or 1000? If not, why?

The main difference I can think of is rune cost per acre. If you started with all the same per acre figures as we do now, but larger, OOP wars could be more interesting if rune scarcity isn't such an issue?

I feel like it might leave more room for KDs of different skill levels to stratify, without the KDs who inevitably get beat up OOP having to go into the abyss that is sub-300 acres.

[edit sorry these should read as two entirely separate thoughts]

... and just something that popped into my head right now, what if a KD Monarch control their starting size. Once elected, Monarchs would basically need the power to reset all provinces in the KD during freezetime, with a setting that would have four options(radio buttons imo), and need a confirm box etc.

The four options would be as follows;

400 acres, 100% resources/acre 750gc, 75 bushel, 10 soldiers/10 spec credits, 7.5 peons, 200 unbuilt/200 credits (meaning same per acre as now)
    600 acres, 2/3 resources/acre 500gc, 50 bushel, 6.7 soldiers/6.7 spec credits, 5 peons, 300 unbuilt/200 credits
    800 acres, 50% resources/acre 375gc, 37.5 bushel, 5 soldiers/5 spec credits, 3.75 peons, 400 unbuilt/200 credits
    1000 acres, 40% resources/acre 300gc, 30 bushel, 4 soldiers/4 spec credits, 3 peons, 500 unbuilt/200 credits (everyone starts with all the same resources, except acres)

That is, if someone doesn't have a good reason for why it can't or shouldn't be more than 400. There's usually something I haven't considered with suggestions like this
    Last edited by RattleHead; 10-05-2018 at 03:55.

Thread Information