The monarch thing is obviously way out there, I wouldn't really hold any hope for such a thing, it just passed through my head.

Elld's points are fair. Let me be clear, I am fine with 400 acre starts, I am just curious why it seems to be 'untouchable', I guess. Also, rune scarcity isn't really a concern of mine, it is just one of the few things that changes with size. Yes it does benefit larger provinces, getting cheaper per acre as you grow, which I assume is because the game wants to encourage growth on some level.

The second point I am not sure, though. The farmouts happen either way, wouldn't it be relative? The gaps would open up wider OOP than they do now, but what is wrong with that? The KDs doing the farming would pull further away from the KDs getting farmed. Then those two skill-disparate groups would be more removed from each other, potentially resulting in those groups warring amongst themselves more often?

Also how big do KDs have to be these days for the WW bonus to get away from minimum? My understanding is its something like 4k min, or 5% of total combined KD acres ... so you need 80k combined acres, average prov size in a 25 prov KD would have to be 1600 acres. Why not let us get off minimum earlier too? I guess you can say the same as for rune production as well, just change the WW formula...