Thread: Ritual bugged at 213.3% effectiveness ..??

Post Fiend

Ritual bugged at 213.3% effectiveness ..??

About 85 or 86 casts done ..

We are covered by the Onslaught ritual with 213.3% effectiveness left! The ritual will be lifted in 120 days.

That seems a bit excessive?
    6DC95A4F

Regards,

NighT

Administrator
    Yes we're working on fixing it at the moment. You realize if you KNOW there's a bug with something you're not supposed to exploit it right?
    I do appreciate you bringing this to the Forums, and we will deal with it but don't cast a ritual if you can see it is bugged...
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Post Fiend
    You're serious? This is a joke right? How was I supposed to know rituals are bugged?
    The only known ritual bug was earlier today/yesterday, which made it apparently finish at 120 casts or something. Which was replied to by the devs that a fix was implemented.

Anyway, it auto finished after the 48 hours had passed. And I'm not even bloody monarch or steward.

Post Fiend
    David.

Slightly out of line accusing Night of expoliting a bug that a.) we were completely unaware of. B.) he went out of his way to report so you would fix because and i quote “I dont want to win a war like that”. C.) We had no way to stop because it auto cast at max time (and again we didnt know it would bug like this). I would say Night prides himself on being a fair player and i believe his past actions back that up. Your suggestion that he was taking advantage of anything is pretty insulting to say the least.

If not like we had to do anything crazy for this, the ritual sat at 85 cast and then auto triggered. If you knew about a bug this substantial and allowed the server to continue running i belive that is on you and the other devs, certainly not the guy who brought it to your attention despite the fact that not saying anything would have benefited us immenseley.
    Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of "Cakey Cakey"? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?
    - Some Nub

Post Fiend
    This was a 'bank error in your favour' not a bug that could be exploited.

Kinda raising an eyebrow at this response DavidC.

Regular
    Shooting the messenger like this is a little unfair. Hopefully the bug is resolved soon.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Regular
    We all know NightT has a copy of all the code and he spends all day searching for hidden features to exploit, and reports them 4 minutes later.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolzly View Post
    This was a 'bank error in your favour' not a bug that could be exploited.

Kinda raising an eyebrow at this response DavidC.
    No, because if $250 appears in your account that's not yours, and you spend it... guess what you still have to pay it back because it wasn't suppose to be there to begin with.

Clearly this was a bug, and using it to your advantage is in fact cheating, hence David's response.

Edit: I'm not accusing NighT of cheating (he said ritual was on pace to auto complete)... just saying David's response is valid.
    Last edited by Memster; 30-04-2018 at 00:50. Reason: clarification

As far as i remember, the ritual did not indicate 213% prior to casting. Once it auto cast, it showed 213. Either way, the game broke and it was reported literally minutes after. I dont even think we had anyone make any hits during the broken period. There was no cheating.

Post Fiend
    Last edited by Wolzly; 30-04-2018 at 03:44. Reason: Rethinking my moral crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    No, because if $250 appears in your account that's not yours, and you spend it... guess what you still have to pay it back because it wasn't suppose to be there to begin with.

Clearly this was a bug, and using it to your advantage is in fact cheating, hence David's response.

Edit: I'm not accusing NighT of cheating (he said ritual was on pace to auto complete)... just saying David's response is valid.
    For him to use it to his advantage he would need to be aware of the bugs existences beforehand. Also, how do you suggest that they would avoid this situation?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    For him to use it to his advantage he would need to be aware of the bugs existences beforehand. Also, how do you suggest that they would avoid this situation?
    I'm pretty sure everyone knew the rituals were bugged. And again, I'm not accusing NighT of cheating (hence my clarification). I merely was replying to the comment of "free money" because of a game screw up.

How do you avoid it? Easy. Don't activate your ritual. Inquire about what happened. If it auto started, alert the devs. I myself had my KD stop casting on our rit as soon as I was made aware what happened.

All I was saying is David was in the right with his comments. Doesn't mean he was condemning anyone in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone knew the rituals were bugged. And again, I'm not accusing NighT of cheating (hence my clarification). I merely was replying to the comment of "free money" because of a game screw up.

How do you avoid it? Easy. Don't activate your ritual. Inquire about what happened. If it auto started, alert the devs. I myself had my KD stop casting on our rit as soon as I was made aware what happened.

All I was saying is David was in the right with his comments. Doesn't mean he was condemning anyone in this thread.
    He didnt mention NighT specifically but it the comments were taken as such either way. As accusations of NighT cheating as you can see by his reply. Davids comment was poorly worded.

How do you stop activating when it autocompletes? Isnt this thread exactly that, inquire what or that this happend and alerting the devs?

Forum Fanatic
    Not everyone knew about it . Not everyone hangs out in here waiting for people to post crap that doesnt work.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    You're serious? This is a joke right? How was I supposed to know rituals are bugged?
    The only known ritual bug was earlier today/yesterday, which made it apparently finish at 120 casts or something. Which was replied to by the devs that a fix was implemented.

Anyway, it auto finished after the 48 hours had passed. And I'm not even bloody monarch or steward.
    He was responded to a post that told people to exploit the bug, that has since been removed.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information