Thread: Draft Costs Bugs

Exclamation Draft Costs Bugs

Hola,

I've been trying to replicate the draft costs on my prov and using an Excel calculator I have been unable to. I am able to replicate number of soldiers drafted but not the cost. I've come across a couple issues:

Issue #1
    Military page shows costs as:
    Reservist - 23gc
    Normal - 39gc
    Aggressive - 58gc
    Emergency - 86gc

Building Efficiency is 86.8%.
    Armouries percentage is 17.7% (70 acres in 396 acre prov). Buildings page shows this should mean a 25.27% decrease in draft costs.
    [I calculate a 25.29% discount but that can easily be attributed to BE being held in system to more decimals and rounded up to 86.8%, so I ignore that difference]

If I apply that discount (25.27%) to proper rates I get the following information:
    Draft Rate Normal Cost Reduced Cost Reduction % Calculated Cost
    Reservist 30 23 23.33% 22.4
    Normal 50 39 22% 37.365
    Aggressive 75 58 22.667% 56.05
    Emergency 110 86 21.81% 82.2

So none of the values seem to match to the 25.27% discount. This obviously leads to me not being able to match the draft cost value.

Issue #2

The easiest check up front to know there were issues was to take total draft costs / drafted solds. In my case, 1222 / 42 = 29.09524 (As I'm in EOWCF so 50% lower). If I double that value I get 58.190476 per troop. This obviously does not match to the expected 32 * 58 = 1218.

Basically the math just isn't adding up even just using values displayed on utopia pages.

I've noticed other anomalies while creating my full Spreadsheet with formulae (Such as being unable to match Income nor Wages values) but lets see responses on these ones first. ;)

Cheers
    POiD

And Bump ... ?

Military page isnt able to show decimals, so there is some question whether they exist or are rounded out, i guess. also draft costs change as you draft your province deeper, but this should be reflected on the military training page(although rounded, somehow).

If I am understanding your example correctly, I think it is possible that if you had no Arms you would see that your base cost for Agg has increased to 77-78gc per soldier, making it appear as though you aren't getting the full 25.27% discount, but really you are.

Basically, once Military+Thieves% >50 draft costs start to climb up on you. Its possible this is not the explanation you are looking for, but imo it is the most likely scenario.

So if draft costs are going up, Military page should at least show a rounded value of the adjusted cost. As it does not, it is a bug on the military page at very least. That's assuming it is a rounding display bug issue and not a larger bug in formulae.

There is also the issue on drafting cost still. I mention this as I had it even last age (and commented on someone else's bug report then too) where I was charged a small amount each tick for draft but actually drafted 0 soldiers. Which is an obvious bug too and shows there's definitely issues in the application of drafting formulae. If I recall correctly it meant my max pop and total pop differed by 1 and would not equalize. Which makes sense as the system tried to draft a % of a soldier, so removed 1 from pop. This happened continuously until my max pop changed from growth. Unfortunately, this again seems like a definite coding issue and thus my assumption that most of the drafting code is working not in full soldiers but partial soldiers.

To me it seems like really the "math" doesn't work out and the code should be cleaned up to be precise. This whole thing could easily be made to work in proper values of "whole number"s of drafted soldiers and not partial soldiers.
    It's either that or maybe the code is perfect and the wiki information is in need of serious updates.

Thread Information