Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 5:1 sanctioned?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The nonsense is that kds should just disband for an age after being removed from the charts at eoa. Might as well just mass delete all kds caught cheating, retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by azsxdcfv View Post
    Stfu and stop your holier-than-thou nonsense. Incredible that you believe your excrement doesn't stink.

Tip: If you wanna be a b***h, then don't complain when you get treated as one.
    One of these is not like the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Does it matter if zulu knew? If 24 provinces conspired to do something without the monarchs knowledge, you would still punish the kd.

What's the threshold in your opinion for how many need to know? because based on deletions alone at least 20% were in on it (and I'm certain nathz was aware as well, though wasn't deleted).
    It's a tricky line as I mentioned in a earlier post. I been this could be set in motion. Plant yourself in a enemy kingdom get a fake war get them punished and voila you took out one competition with barley no effort.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    It's a tricky line as I mentioned in a earlier post. I been this could be set in motion. Plant yourself in a enemy kingdom get a fake war get them punished and voila you took out one competition with barley no effort.
    What would be a fitting punishment then?
    tldr: I don't know what a fitting punishment would be Korp. I don't envy DavidC. I however think it's worth discussing. And I'm glad its judged on a case-by-case basis though. Few situations are alike.

In this case I must say that Swagger has a valid point, 20% (possibly more, though that hasn't been proven and perhaps must be dismissed as an argument) of the kingdom were proven to be directly involved in an actionable defence, that's quite a lot. In Spartas case I'm not sure how many were involved, but if only Bart (he was the only one deleted, right?), significantly less. Granted he was the leader and consequently responsible for the whole kingdom.

However, if we take the stance that the remaining players in 5:1 are victims than in this scenario there's 2 offenders: the group in 5:1 and their counterpart, that organised the FW. And two victims: the part of 5:1 that was tricked and now suffer the punishment of 5 deletions, and the rest of the competitive kingdoms who are now positioned unfairly relative to 5:1 due/thanks to their FW. In the ideal case, the two offenders gets punished and the two victims gets compensated. The eliminated provinces and the retained right to be ranked and intact explore pool bonus from WW surely punishes the transgressors, but merely compensate one of the victims. If you want to supercharge the argument, 20 players (5:1 remainders)were compensated and 105 players (5 deletions + 5? growth kingdoms) punished.

Perhaps roll them back to pre-war size (+ the 5 daily acres) if that's possible within the code. But keep their right to be ranked. Bleeding the game of innocent people (innocent until proven guilty) and kingdoms by removing their incentives to play is bad in a small and shrinking game imo.

I think that, if I'm allowed to speculate, DavidC would have imposed harsher punishments had this been closer to EoA and more impactful on the final rankings. So timing is a factor as well. Rightly or not.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

The only thing that they gained from the fake war was that they could explore up the new provinces that replaced the deleted ones. Sure its benefits them to a certain degree but that much that they would be in a far better position than anyone else in Utopia? Doubt it.

Postaholic
    The only thing that they gained from the fake war was that they could explore up the new provinces that replaced the deleted ones. Sure its benefits them to a certain degree but that much that they would be in a far better position than anyone else in Utopia? Doubt it.
    Now I haven't kept a close eye on things, so I might be wrong.. But, they kept the acres gained from war too, no (only stripped of WW acres)? So they could grow for the FW duration safe from other interference. Could explore the whole kd in peace due to timing related to the FW? Who know's if they could explore safely at all if it weren't for that war. Perhaps, perhaps not.

As to weather they're in a good position or not is a little beside the point I think. Like I said previously, I believe the meta is against them and that sitting on #1 now with zero pool is a mistake. But that's speculation. They've managed to amass a lot of acres through the consequences of a FW, that's fact. Question is if that's a reasonable outcome from being actioned.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

zulu wrote on the first page of this thread,

Removal of war wins.(Happened)
    Removal of any gains of the fake war from all kingdom members (even if they were unaware of the fake war).(Happened)
    Ofc he could be lying but from this post at least he says all gains were removed

As a new invited I gained nothing, I had 200 acres from start in pool which I used and then I asked a couple of the originals to donate some of theirs to catch up, I would call that a disadvantage by far.

From neutral perspective the eowcf was likely the only advantage gained, however that had to be used to get moral and 5 new provinces into decent shape so they weren’t smashed as soon as oop.

It’s a ****ty situation overall, no one wants cheaters in their kingdom, 5 was deleted and the 20 others who was unaware were punished as well (just not by deletion), should the 20 left get further punished for trying to get over it by recruiting 5 new and attempting to play the age? Maybe DavidC got proof or is satisfied that Zulu and the 19 others had nothing to do with it? (Or do you know that’s not the case?)

Best way to go about it, is to send a message to utopia support if you are unhappy with the decision and make an official complaint, instead of making assumptions as to what has been discussed between utopia support and Zulu.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Post Fiend
    So all of this begs a question.. how do 5 members orchestrate a fake war with another kingdom without leadership consent? A fake war has a predetermined outcome, so if the plan was to MP, you still need leaders to push the buttons. If the plan was to avoid certain members, you still need the people making those decisions to make that decision. I am not making any accusations here, I genuinely have no idea how it is even possible unless one of the 5 was at least a steward.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
    So all of this begs a question.. how do 5 members orchestrate a fake war with another kingdom without leadership consent? A fake war has a predetermined outcome, so if the plan was to MP, you still need leaders to push the buttons. If the plan was to avoid certain members, you still need the people making those decisions to make that decision. I am not making any accusations here, I genuinely have no idea how it is even possible unless one of the 5 was at least a steward.
    You only need to control one of the kingdoms. These 5 provs in 5:1 hits the other kd. The other kd declares, farms out then WD.

Post Fiend
    Except 5:1 declared.... and by a SYG person...

Wow...this thread escalated quickly. If you want to know the FACTUAL truth and series of events and the proof of sanctioning then message me. I will provide you with screen shots. Official statement from SYG. We are a legit kingdom who abides by the rules of the game. We expect all players to play with a high level of integrity. SYG does NOT support the use of multi's or fake warring. What happened with SYG was unfortunate and as a result those players responsible were removed and the kingdom was punished by the Devs. As per DavidC, if you would like an official reasoning on the deletions and sanctioning then you can message utopiasupport@utopia-game.com.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Please don't back up the support email with questions about actions taken against another kingdom. Either PM someone appropriate in 1:1 or head over to discord.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Please don't back up the support email with questions about actions taken against another kingdom. Either PM someone appropriate in 1:1 or head over to discord.
    Or you know, the admins can just make it known what happened so everyone doesn't have to guess or email...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    One of these is not like the other.
    No it isn't. You're full of inconsistencies.
    Insulting users is insulting users regardless the choice of words. He called someone else a retard, and all you can do is just give a warning? That's pathetic

It was entirely rhetorical in use.

Thread Information