Thread: HatWalk ~ The Virtual Kingdom, Age 76 ~

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    The Elliptical Wave

If you'll note, each division operates in the convention of 2 attacks/day, army in/out with opportunity being the strategic norm. In a cyclonic approach we have the 2 attacks per day overlapping between divisions. We begin our day with plague and Nightmare with Chastity casters through the day, with plague and Nightmare ending the day. So we're not just overlapping in time, but nw zones, man-to-man and vulturing opportunists. The majority of activity happens between conventional waves with the objective of folding enemies under a constant melange of various pressure mechanisms.

The banter between divisions is a no-brainer and they may coordinate movements to mutual benefit. In the event divisions are decimated in war they can consolidate efforts within reach of their given prime GMT activity. And, like any kingdom, players can exert themselves to hyperactivity if the notion and time permits.

Each of the 5 major division have a council member. Council positions include a lucid wave coordinator who can interpret elliptical progression, an intel interpreter, diplomatic representative, economy guru, and a global strategist. No one is expected to be an expert and delegating responsibilities is encouraged. We don't expect the intel interpreter to distill the Snatch News of 25 kingdoms, but to communicate the concerns and critical information that help navigate kingdom direction.

Global Strategist might be construed as monarch, but again, the monarch might just be a cultural commissar. Essentially, the global strategist will digest the merits of the kingdom and levy that information against the ever progressing world around us. It's global because the factors include the diplomatic environment, kingdom power rankings, knowledge of kingdom build strengths & weaknesses, and ranking topography. Ranking topography is simply understanding what kingdoms are built for and what they play for: whoring builds, charting war and honor sets. These are important to understand because their ultimate goals dictate their daily conduct. Through Snatch News we can see who incidentally waves one kingdom whilst hostile with another. We write that down.

It can rub some players wrong if they think the council responsibilities are daunting. My intent is to convey a polished version of what will likely be a blue-collar pragmatic approach by most.

In the movie, Kelly's Heroes(1970), there's a scene where Donald Sutherland and a few of the tank crew are looking over aerial photos for a bridge to cross while stuffing their faces. Very Utopia like, if you think about it. Digest intel, digest food. Formalities are protocol, say for log posts and investigations. Formalities are for diplomacy.

Which leads us to the diplomat. Diplomacy is an intelligence test, not a linguistic gymnastics match. The boxing advice follows here as well: protect yourself at all times.
    To task, I'm not a diplomat at all. There is no inherent value in the written word because it requires rules to offset intent. It is an illusion. I find it fascinating that an enemy fears the secession of hostilities so much that they can't respect my word and mean no harm. They want CF, and I'm simply stopping.

Why is it important; not CFing all the time? One, because we're depending on the mechanic of CF to override intent. Like a paladin we should walk in purity. It's not about being a goodie two-shoes, it's a confidence to stride long in your world with a reputation for both retaliation and respecting other kingdoms space. So diplo isn't for me, but I had to digress.

Diplomacy is a Wonderland to certain players and their focal interest results in some of the best "results to effort" ratio in game. Diplomacy as an art IS meta. I find these syrupy characters almost too much, and I love how they say they hate diplo. But really, they love diplomacy with fatal attraction. We see the top players in forum, and I know such personalities in real life: Twinkling eyes, big picture sales pitch, photo bombing both chancellors and bums. All I want the diplomat to know is they are free to run the yard, but we have an invisible fence. No doubt they'll test the fence; it's who they are. Captain Obvious says we recruit one of these guys no matter how much eye rolling may result from their antics.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-05-2018 at 12:59.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information