Thread: HatWalk ~ The Virtual Kingdom, Age 76 ~

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    Why Did I Post This?

Originally Posted by Sheister
    yeh.... what are you talking about Palem?

(My answer, not as an impolite gesture. This is a demonstration of going against what logistically shouldn't happen:)

** The kingdom of TFC **
    Total land exchanged: -3,753 (731/909)
    +809 Vortex Math (29/20) me

Because faeries are a dream to some and a nightmare to others.

^ Ok, so I posted this because the players in the fantastic kingdoms listed above generally have a deep belief in the strat they're running. When they express their thoughts on mistakes they made it's based in certain aspects beyond their control. These kingdoms also reap the pump benefits I mentioned before. Everything is logistically perfect, even if we hear self deprecating rhetoric.

But why? Because when you face these challenges and defeat them anyways, you know that the builds are part of the equation and not all encompassing. I've been in those places; in the kingdoms of pristine mechanics. It's not where I learned to overcome tough opposition, it was outside of them as an opponent.

These are the kingdoms that will walk you down. I'm warning you because they are tough, but can give you false confidence, like not having Nightmare. I like Nightmare, but I know it's a tool, not a strategy. These kingdoms have their battle arrays sorted out. Now see, I've been vanguard and have spearheaded into these situations, but the strategy failed. These guys that buy into waves and don't know how to look at the immediate foreground; it's disheartening to them. Despite some logistical weight, there are things that happen because you try, and others because you can.

To be a good attacking faery in TFC isn't that impressive. What you're looking at is a learning curve in the example above. It's my first time playing an attacker faery which steered me toward further experimentation. For me, the greatest accomplishment was that I was the largest faery in the kingdom after war and no one randomed me after war protection. You're probably thinking I was just lucky, and to a degree you'd be right. I'm here to tell you there was zero reluctance on my part to retal.

The lesson is if you can attack with a faery and make it stick then you can attack with anything. This isn't silly tricks, this is locking horns with heavy attacker races and by force of wherewithal abiding positive acres.

And where did the practice come from to be able to run my first faery attacker and come out smelling like a rose? I remind you to look again; those attacks were being answered by counter attacks. It's not a situation where my province was ignored and scarfed acres on the down low. - It comes from the challenge idioms of never attacking unprovoked.

Here's an excerpt from post #26:

Compounding my situation, I've run a pure retal doctrine. Let's see what that means:
    - My province doesn't attack unless provoked.
    - My province often takes the first hit with my army home equalling heavy losses.
    - My province doesn't steal or cast unprovoked.
    - My retaliation is based in who's the most formidable target.
    - My prerogative is to spare apparently new players of retal.

Now I'm not recommending whole kingdoms sit around like dodo birds waiting to be waved into oblivion. I'm pointing out that by dictating my own disadvantages there has been enlightenment in managing violent situations against superior opposition. Thus when we look at near perfect kingdoms builds like those of prime warring and whoring kingdoms they are interesting puzzles.

By not attacking first I was controlling my environment to be prepared. By not attacking first my opponents were superior by design. I learned how to learn. This is only one way. I'm sure that a less painful path would yield comparable results. Be creative ;)
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-06-2018 at 20:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information