Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** playing

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    most of the time...****play starts way before a guy razes into a war (especially in the lower tier)

I don't have to use my KD as an example...but we are about 17 players only with Avg Prov Size of 1000ac and Ave Prov NW of 250k and unfortunately many 22-player ghettos with 3-4 nub/scrub provs are still deathly afraid to war us

in fact most 22-player kd with avg size of 1000ac/250k NW right now (mostly all Top 50 NW kds) have no problem retaliating a fair retal hit, prolonging a hostile with a KD or waving into an hopen hostile "accidentally" because they never checked the "Snatch News"
    And the problem with tags and respecting those tags is that often the offending kingdom has randomly hit outside of their hostile or decided to steal outside of their hostile. There is nothing wrong with that, but I personally will not respect your tag at that point. Razing into a war should be reserved for the most serious of offenses.

In my opinion, all a tag does is make you a target - it says hit me because I have a lower chance of hitting back which is aside from looking for war, I have not tagged my kingdom while in conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    And the problem with tags and respecting those tags is that often the offending kingdom has randomly hit outside of their hostile or decided to steal outside of their hostile. There is nothing wrong with that, but I personally will not respect your tag at that point. Razing into a war should be reserved for the most serious of offenses.

In my opinion, all a tag does is make you a target - it says hit me because I have a lower chance of hitting back which is aside from looking for war, I have not tagged my kingdom while in conflict.
    Correct...the truth of the matter is that leadership diplomacy in utopia overall has gotten lazy as of late. Less kingdoms...less targets...so there is less wiggle-room to give up on hostiles if you have already spent 24-48hrs of advance prep (sots, soms).

My favorite excuse that I get from monarchs who get the scolding (after not paying attention to their opponents "Snatch News" for open hostiles) + CF request are either "i wasn't in charge of this wave" or "well you guys are in range anyways and we cannot allow you have open relations so unless you send a CF we wont stop"

KD Leadership in the war-tier need to spend more time prepping for targets if they really care for the state of the game...or prepared to be sh-tplayed.

I assume alliances will start to form to ensure actions are taken at some point or another.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 27-05-2018 at 03:24.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Waaaaaaah

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Think you mean hawt (at the time obv)
    Depending on how you read this, the aside makes it worse not better...

Post Fiend
    Hitting into a hostile ... That can be pretty much avoided: CF for a few days those KDs in your range and then proceed with your own business. If a KD in your range doesn`t wish to CF, then you pretty much know they got their eyes on you. Not much of a rocket science here. Utopia is all about securing advantages and, what people tend to forget, having diplo relationships with those who matter for you, those in range in our specific case.

Also, define a hostile ... A KD hitting another KD, some 20% smaller ... is that a hostile? Or just a good old fashion bashing and then it`s open season?:)

Regular
    CF'ing kingdoms near your range just so you can go about your business is an easy way to piss off your players, too. often times it takes a while to find plunders, and when i do they just so happen to be in kingdoms we've CF'd. with the player base as low as it is, more CFs hurt more than help, IMO.

Why are you plundering kingdoms in range of your own?

Thread Information