Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Improvements Idea

Question Game Improvements Idea

Hi guys, the title says it all.
    What do you think utopia needs to become a better game? All ideas are welcomed. Who knows maybe someone important might check them out? :)

I have lots of ideas, but one particular idea that bothers me and that I would like your opinion on is:
    "Lower the number of players in the kingdom to 10 - 13 players max"

What do you think about this guys?

I have lots of ideas, but one particular idea that bothers me and that I would like your opinion on is:
    "Lower the number of players in the kingdom to 10 - 13 players max"

What do you think about this guys?
    First thread in Suggestions form is about exactly this: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-15&p=15465174

But to humour you, I will say legalize xlogging and (non-automated) login scripts.

A thousand excuses..
    Can I somehow transfer this thread to the Suggestions subforum? Or it would be better to start another there?

Let a mod move it

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    First thread in Suggestions form is about exactly this: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-15&p=15465174

But to humour you, I will say legalize xlogging and (non-automated) login scripts.
    Sincerely, I don't know what xlogging is and how would that fit in the Utopia context?
    And why would you need non-automated login scripts? (very curious)

To facilitate xlogging? I dont wanna have to log every province manually =\

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    To facilitate xlogging? I dont wanna have to log every province manually =\
    Sorry for the 'obvious' question, but what is xlogging? :) Google doesn't tell me much about it. And how would it apply to utopia?

Veteran
    X-logging is the practise of login on to the accounts of your kingdom mates. Its one of the ways you can cheat into this game:)

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    X-logging is the practise of login on to the accounts of your kingdom mates. Its one of the ways you can cheat into this game:)
    Well, would that solve the problem? Wouldn't that mean more work for one person? I mean would it be fun for you to play 3 provinces at once?

Hey guys, any more ideas? :)

Needs to get out more
    Most of the stuff I can think of the devs have added. Frankly, most of the remaining problems are based in player culture.*

I think khronoschotty(sorry for the name butchering) made some great suggestions.

The biggest problem I've encountered is the screen jump that causes you to push the wrong tabs. The game should be accessible and user friendly in the interest of developing world players.

One of my suggestions was to have satellite kingdoms(5 players or less) that could glom onto kingdoms of less than 25 in the interest of war stance. Reason being there are a lot of players like myself who don't want to or can't do the full kingdom rigamarole of 3rd party com systems, bot fiddling, and baby sitting the meter. I and others like me would be happy to join an abbreviated kingdom in war vs larger kingdoms. The base mechanic would be that the satellite kingdom would be subject to the host kingdom meter. The idea would be to allow a greater field of kingdoms to participate in wars across size and nw.

* Player Culture Problems:

Kingdoms define themselves by warring, whoring/honor which is stifling to players like myself who aren't afraid to grow into formidable territory and mix it up with tough kingdoms. Most war kingdoms are narrow field and sometimes even define themselves as casual, serious or ghetto.

Every kingdom wants you to use this bot or that app that doesn't work on old platforms. In fact I enjoy playing the game without bots and just kingdom chat. This has essentially driven me to retirement, lol. By the same token this creates problems for the potential of developing world players who may have technological and language barriers. I'm perfectly fine sharing kingdom space with players who can't speak English. Thus, having easy access to 5 province kingdoms would allow players like myself and other rejects to join the game and be unobtrusive to the bot and com equipped kingdoms. Activity and fight IQ have always been my strengths. The little kingdoms would allow for rejects to learn the sweet science of poking the bear and how to deal with the ensuing violence.

In Conclusion

We can put the lower province kingdom debate to rest by allowing satellite kingdoms to merge in war with kingdoms of less than 25. This wouldn't solve all the problems since it's obvious the OP regards 13 as the maximum obtainable level of quality players. Recruitment is a tough skill/talent and players so gifted often scoff at the inability of certain leaders to retain a pool of quality. Still, we can play with these numbers, basically allowing the number of provinces, size and nw to equal a possible war target. Heck, you could even "shop" for ringers which might add intrigue.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 15-05-2018 at 21:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Even tho there is many threads. ill address the one of lowering kd numbers. It will kill the game .Everything else wont need to be even looked at because there will be no one left.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    ill address the lowering kd numbers. It will kill the game. Everything else wont need to be even looked at because there will be no one left.
    Well sure Lowering numbers of KDs is bad... JK
    I speculate you meant lowering prov numbers in a KD .
    I see no way this suggestion will kill the game.
    I doubt ANY KD has the same 22 members from 2 ages back.
    As it was mentioned in the other exact topic thread, the number of members could even be reduced over several ages.
    To max a KD at 13-15 seems excessive to me but 20 members would be very doable.

Resulting in more KDs not fewer.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Well sure Lowering numbers of KDs is bad... JK
    I speculate you meant lowering prov numbers in a KD .
    I see no way this suggestion will kill the game.
    I doubt ANY KD has the same 22 members from 2 ages back.
    As it was mentioned in the other exact topic thread, the number of members could even be reduced over several ages.
    To max a KD at 13-15 seems excessive to me but 20 members would be very doable.

Resulting in more KDs not fewer.
    I'm curious why would 15 players per kingdom kill the game? Do most of the kingdoms in the game have a core of 20 players or it's just the top 10 kds that do?
    One more thought would be that it would decrease the comradeship feeling that this game creates?

Thread Information