Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Improvements Idea

Read the appropriate thread

Forum Fanatic
    I cant figure out why people think lowering the number of people in a kd will somehow make all these new leaders to run these kds. Bad leaders run off more players than anything else. New people being told stupid **** to do,new people not being taught that hitting into wars isnt good. There are people all the time looking for kds. If your kd cant recruit them and even get to 20-22 people you already have a monarch issue . People play this game mostly because of the players they play with as friends. Break that up and they leave. Not rocket science folks and this has been went over for years. Recruit people to fill your kds .

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    I cant figure out why people think lowering the number of people in a kd will somehow make all these new leaders to run these kds. Bad leaders run off more players than anything else. New people being told stupid **** to do,new people not being taught that hitting into wars isnt good. There are people all the time looking for kds. If your kd cant recruit them and even get to 20-22 people you already have a monarch issue . People play this game mostly because of the players they play with as friends. Break that up and they leave. Not rocket science folks and this has been went over for years. Recruit people to fill your kds .
    Inverse that logic to 'hone your skills with a quality core'. Let's assume recruiting is a strength for some and weakness for others. If recruiting isn't your strength then either delegate the role, work on your ability to recruit OR work with the players you have. There's no reason to fear larger kingdoms if your team is tight and you have sharp teamwork.

I've been in micro-kingdoms and the fundamentals still apply. Fact is, most micro-kingdoms I've occupied didn't have even mediocre teamwork. The first rule is to balance your ideals and pragmatism. I'm not afraid of anyone in Utopia which is a byproduct of my curiosity. When a dangerous opponent is encountered I want to know what makes them tick. By engaging in hopeless exchanges I'm looking over my opponents.

We can learn much by rejecting the culture of the norm and embracing adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Leaders aren't born from quality cores. Leaders just sort of are. Some people understand the game and happen to want to put in the time to lead and have the ability. Others have the interest but need to be taught everything cause they're idiots. Good players can be ok leaders when needed, but leadership takes an incredible amount of time.

The idea that Utopia should be made to require less time is... Worth entertaining, but not in the direction administration seems to be taking kt

Anyways, if you want solid suggestions (other than my first), then grow the player base. There are communities open to games like Utopia, khronosschoty and I continually push the idea of approaching the FOSS community, for instance.

Anyways, other than that, a full rewrite of the game, so that it is actually quick? Proper mobile interface, and maybe an official app?

The only improvements left to be made are quality of life/convenience ones like those, other than the glaringly obvious fact that we need more players.

Extend min time to 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Read the appropriate thread
    Will do, will read the other threads here in the suggestion forum thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Extend min time to 72 hours
    I want to specify, is the min time you're talking about the minimum time in hostile before entering war? How would that help? (I haven't played in a super-kingom and some things aren't obvious at a lower level)

And yeh, I always thought that Utopia was quite fast as a website. (Haven't played for a while now, will check it soon though)

And by the way, I want to say that you're making interesting points guys, this is valuable information, I wonder if the administration is reading these kinds of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersnake View Post
    I want to specify, is the min time you're talking about the minimum time in hostile before entering war? How would that help? (I haven't played in a super-kingom and some things aren't obvious at a lower level)

And yeh, I always thought that Utopia was quite fast as a website. (Haven't played for a while now, will check it soon though)
    No he means war, a minute time war is now 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    No he means war, a minute time war is now 48 hours.
    Thanks! So a 72 hour war would be better.. But why? I'm curious to learn the reason. (Sometimes you want a fast war, just saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersnake View Post
    Thanks! So a 72 hour war would be better.. But why? I'm curious to learn the reason. (Sometimes you want a fast war, just saying)
    Because going to war to abuse the post war cf to pump for a rematch is sort of cheap. I guess there is a fine line between strategic withdrawals and exploitation of mechanics.

I'd also argue that in many cases 48h is too short a time to war these days.

Lower the number of provinces per kingdom. merge all kingdoms with less than 5 provinces. More building options! Have a building or spell that increases Mana regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensal View Post
    Lower the number of provinces per kingdom. merge all kingdoms with less than 5 provinces. More building options! Have a building or spell that increases Mana regeneration.
    Revoke his ability to post is my latest suggestion

Forum Fanatic
    I 2nd the motion based on the fact its a game killing suggestion thats gone over almost weekly but every person who cant recruit thinks it what the game has to have to help them.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

How about iternationalization? Was this idea brought up? What do you guys think?

Thread Information