Thread: Require Relations for Expose Thieves

Post Fiend

Require Relations for Expose Thieves

I'm proposing that ET should require relations as in the case of sabotage wizards. First reason is that with the war proposal system, one kd can get the jump and ET the other side before declare effectively neutralizing their opponents tms. Obviously some will hate this because it's a part of their strategy. Unless I'm mistaken, it's rarely, if ever, used outside of hostilities or war anyway so it should only affect war proposals by forcing this damaging op to wait til declare after which all's fair. The second reason is more nefarious, one kd gets a friendly kd to ET their opponent before they accept a war proposal giving them an advantage while their opponent regroups and is unable to op.

Quote Originally Posted by trekguy View Post
    I'm proposing that ET should require relations as in the case of sabotage wizards. First reason is that with the war proposal system, one kd can get the jump and ET the other side before declare effectively neutralizing their opponents tms. Obviously some will hate this because it's a part of their strategy. Unless I'm mistaken, it's rarely, if ever, used outside of hostilities or war anyway so it should only affect war proposals by forcing this damaging op to wait til declare after which all's fair. The second reason is more nefarious, one kd gets a friendly kd to ET their opponent before they accept a war proposal giving them an advantage while their opponent regroups and is unable to op.
    Wizards can't really do much with their mana outside of relations(Some duration ops like Greed and Drought, but no spammable op's like fireballs, nadoes or FG), thieves can.
    Therefore the situation differs and ET being outside of relations is appropriate, unless you want to gate all forms of stealing etc behind relations as well(which I'd be totally fine with).
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Wizards can't really do much with their mana outside of relations(Some duration ops like Greed and Drought, but no spammable op's like fireballs, nadoes or FG), thieves can.
    Therefore the situation differs and ET being outside of relations is appropriate, unless you want to gate all forms of stealing etc behind relations as well(which I'd be totally fine with).
    What I would rather see with the "Propose War" option is that 1 monarch proposes not just a war that can be clicked to start, but they can propose war with a set date. If the recipient monarch agrees to war on that date it immediately puts up a CF between the 2 kingdoms, and then war is automatically entered at the agreed upon date.

Once the agreed war date is 24h away it is not cancellable, and the 2 kingdoms receive some protection like maybe -50% T/M damage and success rate (non-intel ops) to/from outside sources and -50% attack damage to/from outside sources, or whatever is a suitable deterrent from outside kd's wanting to hit/rob in. Their stance on kingdom page would be stated as "protected" so people know they are almost at war.

By doing this it would avoid situations like OP mentioned where a kd on the tick that war is agreed to happen can ET all rogues prior to declare. With this method, war is declared right at the start of the tick, and chances of early ops from their kd or any friendly kingdom is slim to none.

Thread Information